Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-04-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Free Agency and Non-Draft Offseason

Well, tonight is the night we get to watch other teams make moves we need to make.
I actually do hold out hope for one big signing like Odom and Utecht. (Just didnt pan out).
I would really like to snag Malcolm Floyd...is he hitting the market?
And Antrelle Rolle. We need FS help. He would be a big upgrade over Crocker, and with our DB coaches, and our 2 stud CBs; he would be able to be a rover and make plays and not have to have extra cover duties.

Floyd wouldnt be too expensive.
Rolle would be our big signing.

Opens up our draft BIG time.

Outside of FA, I think by this time tomorrow we need to have Bobbie Williams resigned. That is crucial to the club in 2011. We need to extend JJ a good 4-5 years.

Well just did some HW and Floyd got a 1st round tender....so oops

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 03-04-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coles is reportedly released.
This could be making room for a new WR early on in FA.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...e-de512d003399

Here is link for Coles being cut and RFA tenders offered

Coles getting Cut makes me happy now if we can get Boldin or Marshall i will cream my pants

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Desert
Rookie

Desert hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

^ What he said. I just hope it's Boldin. Arizona wants a 3rd, we have two, I think. Sounds like a match made in heaven. If we could sign Rolle too (it's unlikely, but you never know), our draft would be so much more open. Please please please, we need a good off-season!
Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert View Post
^ What he said. I just hope it's Boldin. Arizona wants a 3rd, we have two, I think. Sounds like a match made in heaven. If we could sign Rolle too (it's unlikely, but you never know), our draft would be so much more open. Please please please, we need a good off-season!
I would love to get Boldin. He does have some small injury issues, but it's a minor thing. Point is, he's a boss.

If we could get Rolle, our S situation would be so much better. We could even go so far as to draft a safety (ex: Reshad Jones) to come in and learn under the older guys. That would be amazing.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Well the fact that Coles was released makes me a very happy man. He just wasn't worth the money he was making and it did'nt pan out the way i think everyone hoped it would. I really hope simpson gets a good look so we can see if he is a waste or a diamond in the rough. Boldin could be a good pick-up especially if he doesn't require a huge contract. My fear is though he wants a bigger deal then what was paid to Coles last year and I cant see the Bengals dishing out a big free agent contract. What i can see happening is Caldwell moving into the slot and Simpson/Jones getting a look at the #3 spot. Then maybe a Rookie coming in to battle for the #3/#4 spot along with Cosby.

As for the Safety spot Rolle would fill a void for sure. I wonder if the Bengals will throw enough cash his way and compete with other teams in that manner. I really Hope Mike Brown shockes all of us and opens up the checkbook this offseason but I for one just dont see it happening.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Ohhhh and I almost forgot that I feel that picking up Ben Watson would be a really good fit at TE. I dont think he demands a big price tag and would be a good option on the Bengals. Obviously its a huge improvement over what we seen last season. ANd that would allow Coffman to be just a recieving threat and not such a liabilty blocking.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lets hope Brown surprises us. He may come around to the fact that the timing is now with Palmer and we need playmakers to compliment Ocho.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though it still is Mike Brown, he's done a lot to surprise me in the last 2-3 years. Especially in FA / offseason. That said, never say never.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

People have given him a bad rep but he has really turned the corner the past few years.
He didnt have to sign Odom or Coles or Utecht.
Did they all pan out? No. But you cant foresee injury and who knew Coles had lost THAT much?
Then in 2008 or 2007 trying to trade for Rogers?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have certainly been more active lately. While FA isn't a way to get a superstar player or build a team, it could certainly work for how things are now. Mostly just signing/trading for a WR.

With Coles gone it's obviously a priority. I'm actually surprised he was cut, not due to production just felt like they'd probably retain him.

We'll see, nothing ever happens the first few days for us.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
HR24
Rookie

HR24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I personally foresee Kevin Walter coming back after the Coles cut. I know they liked him alot, especially Carson, and Carson is comfortable with him.

I would be cool with the Rolle signing as well. He is a solid safety and, I personally, think an upgrade over Roy Williams.
HR24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR24 View Post
I personally foresee Kevin Walter coming back after the Coles cut. I know they liked him alot, especially Carson, and Carson is comfortable with him.

I would be cool with the Rolle signing as well. He is a solid safety and, I personally, think an upgrade over Roy Williams.
Wouldnt factor into Roy as Rolle is a FS and Roy is a SS. But I am worried Walter might be our FA signing.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Wouldnt factor into Roy as Rolle is a FS and Roy is a SS. But I am worried Walter might be our FA signing.
Walter would not bother me he would be a replacement for TJ and is instant upgrade over Coles but we will still need a WR that can make plays down the field

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
HR24
Rookie

HR24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
True, but Zimmer likes his safeties to be versatile and play both spots. Rolle is a true FS and this may allow Crocker to move down to SS. Apparently though, the Bengals aren't really being mentioned in the race for Rolle as of yet.
HR24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR24 View Post
True, but Zimmer likes his safeties to be versatile and play both spots. Rolle is a true FS and this may allow Crocker to move down to SS. Apparently though, the Bengals aren't really being mentioned in the race for Rolle as of yet.
Yea i think we have no chance getting Rolle he will want a huge contract and Mike Brown wont give Rolle what he wants. Someone will overpay for him

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Walter would not bother me he would be a replacement for TJ and is instant upgrade over Coles but we will still need a WR that can make plays down the field
It wont be a bad signing but I would hate to have it end there, especially with cutting Coles should get us in the race for Boldin

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
It wont be a bad signing but I would hate to have it end there, especially with cutting Coles should get us in the race for Boldin
Problem with Boldin is he has a year left on his deal and will want a big contract which i doubt Mike Brown will give him. Our best bets are TO or Walter or both unless the FO changes its ways

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Problem with Boldin is he has a year left on his deal and will want a big contract which i doubt Mike Brown will give him. Our best bets are TO or Walter or both unless the FO changes its ways
I dont think Boldin will get what he wants and could come slightly cheaper because of his age and injury history.
Give him a deal slightly more expensive than Coles last year, load it with playing incentives.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People have given him a bad rep but he has really turned the corner the past few years.
He didnt have to sign Odom or Coles or Utecht.
Did they all pan out? No. But you cant foresee injury and who knew Coles had lost THAT much?
Then in 2008 or 2007 trying to trade for Rogers?
Don't forget he threw an offer to Vick as well. I didn't want Vick and I'm glad he decided to not come here, but the initiative to get free agents was there.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

As expected the Benagls have yet to make any noise in free agentcy period. From what i'm hearing Kevin Walter is more then likely headed to the Ravens so unless something changes soon he is off the list. Also hearing that Antonio Bryant is close to a deal with the Dolphins. From some people close to the team its looking like early next week the Bengals may have to jump on TO out of desperation with alot of the big name guys signing and the fear that they may be left without options. I really hope that they dont get scared and think they dont have options and this is the only solution at WR. They have some decent guys on the roster and with a decent draft could get a good guy that can fill some holes. Also With the Bears signing That guy with the really long name I'm not even gonna try and spell at TE it leaves them with one to many starters and either Ohlson or Clark should be available though trade at a decent price.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Kevin Walter is not much of an upgrade to what we already have in Andre Caldwell.. Sign TO or Antonio Bryant, although I think TO will come cheaper and can get him on a 1 year deal where Bryant probably wants multi year and money...
Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

It is nice to see the FO has not changed at all

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-05-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Apparently we have spent today getting in house stuff done.
Close to resigning Bobbie which is a big deal.
Closing in on a deal with Roy.
And talking with Tank.

Next up is signing JJ long term IMO.

Out of what is left, I think we need to push for Bryant and Walter maybe.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-05-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Bryant is going to want a long term deal done and we will be willing to give 1 year deal and from what i have read Walter will most likely still end up in Baltimore even with them getting Boldin

TO it will be

RIP themaninblack