Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I'm really intrigued by Jimmy Graham, he is so big and runs fast and wants to be good. He turned down a BBall contract in Europe to play football. The guy shows promise, who ever gets him will have a decent TE
Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could really become a great TE if he gets on the right team.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking that if we're going to be drafting a TE it's gonna be someone that they feel can come in and provide something, at least in the run game, as a rookie. Graham's blocking skills may rule him out for us, though I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
HR24
Rookie

HR24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I'm thinking that if we're going to be drafting a TE it's gonna be someone that they feel can come in and provide something, at least in the run game, as a rookie. Graham's blocking skills may rule him out for us, though I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.
And, knowing our luck, we will watch him tear it up next season on whatever team drafts him, thus further affirming the ineptitude of this team's offensive coaching staff and their philosophy.
HR24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR24 View Post
And, knowing our luck, we will watch him tear it up next season on whatever team drafts him, thus further affirming the ineptitude of this team's offensive coaching staff and their philosophy.
Hindsight is 20/20.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Does anyone know anything about the WR the Bengals signed from tennessee? I think his name is Chris Davis. I've never heard of him and I know the Titans didn't have a great WR core as it was so I cant see him being an impact player at this point. Unless someone knows more about this guy that can tell me otherwise i dont see it as a worthwhile signing.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

He has been arrested for DUI lol... Training camp body.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...chance-on-t-o/

Palmer still wants TO in Cincy
Old 03-13-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not mind bringin TO in for a year maybe two. He's gonna come real cheap and proved last season that he's still got something left.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 03-14-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Plus if you can get him on a one year deal he'd act like an angel.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-01-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Brown was released by Chicago, what would you guys think about signing him as some extra depth at DE? When Odom went down, we really needed some extra DE depth.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-01-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
HR24
Rookie

HR24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Alex Brown was released by Chicago, what would you guys think about signing him as some extra depth at DE? When Odom went down, we really needed some extra DE depth.
If you can find a roster spot for him, I would definitely look at it. You have to think that both Fanene and Johnson are considered dual use players with their ability to flex between DE/DT and DE/OLB, so that allows some flexibility with the roster. At the very least, get him on a one year deal and into camp and see how he does.
HR24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I would have rather gotten him on the cheap than Rucker...even though I do like Frostee.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-01-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Mike Zimmer was on the local radio station here in Columbus today and the draft was discussed with him. First thing was who makes the call on the pics and he said "pretty much Mike Brown has final say". He was asked what positions they could really use an upgrade in the upcoming draft and he said " He was very happy with all the current players and it was key that they was able to keep the defensive side of the ball intact this offseason so looking ahead to the draft the major focus would be depth at Defensive end and in the secondary". He mentioned that Pass rush became a concern when Odom went down.

So my take from that when i listened was he really likes who he has on the team but that is alot of coach speak so he doesn't single anyone out. the fact he mentioned secondary and defensive end leads me to believe those spots will be addressed somewhere.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Honestly, no matter the team, the owner almost always has final say.

It's nothing new. We all kinda figured we would target there

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-02-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is mostly to blame for grabbing the really high risk character guys. I assume he generally stays out of the way except for just OK'ing the final decision.

EDIT: Also Frostee got a 2 year extension. He really played well last year which surprised me after how rough he was his first few years. Glad they held onto him.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 04-02-2010 at 12:47 AM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think Frostees been good whenever he's been able to play, problem being his first couple of years he couldn't get on the field due to injury. Having him and Fanene is a real asset to our D and I'm glad they got him signed.

Now we need to sign BW.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-03-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Big move for the Bengals o-line: Cincinnati reached agreement Saturday with veteran free-agent guard Bobbie Williams.

Hooray for us. Great move. Keeps a solid OLine in tact and allows us to really look other places early on.

Wish granted MIB!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-03-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Exactly what we needed to do. Yes.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Still some loose ends being tied up so the deal isn't OFFICIAL just yet but should be.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-06-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is finally official and Jason Shirley might be out for the year with an achilles injury.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Best available lineman in the 3rd.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Best available lineman in the 3rd.
Even if we take a Oline in round 2 we should be set for a couples years on the Online
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

I wouldn't be to upset if the Bengals went O-line in the 1st if its the best available option at the time. Obviously we hope thats not the case but if Earl Thomas, Sergio Kindle, and the like are long gone and the Best players on the board are Pouncy or Iupati that fills the needs and fit value wise then thats got to be the way to go.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Pouncey is ok by me if Thomas, Kindle & (UGH) Mays are gone.
Id rather draft an OT and slide them to LG

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack