Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 11-26-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sean Taylor Appreciation Thread

I'm sure you have all heard, lets all just pray that he recovers. I hope the Redskins don't have to play on sunday, I don't care if it counts as a loss, we will be too emotional, Sean is the heart of the team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sean was starting to turn it all around too apparently after becoming a father, teammates remarked about his increased maturity and personality, this is a tragic event and i hope he pulls through

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite player ever since he arrived at Miami. My heart goes out to him & his entire family. I truly hope whoever did this is caught and brought to justice. There is never any reason for something like this to take place. This truly was a travesty. Sean is a guy starting to turn his life around after becoming a Daddy for the first time. I just pray and pray that he pulls through this ok, forget about the football aspect of this and ever playing again, I just hope that he is able to completely recover from this traumatic event. ONE LOVE SEAN... WE ARE ALL PULLIN FOR YOU!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RIP Sean :(
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rip Sean Taylor
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Condolences and best wishes to his family.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is terrible TERRIBLE news...I'm sorry that you guys are losing out on this force on the field, but more than that I'm sorry that the community itself is going to have to struggle through this. Obviously the team will suffer and so will the families. These kinds of things are why guns should not have ever been invented.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I thought this was a very moving image.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rest in peace. He was one of the best safeties, and in my opinion, the best safety, and he was just 24 - too young... way too young. I pray for his family, especially his 1-year-old daughter and the murderer to be brought into justice.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
CalBears99
Pro Bowler

CalBears99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oh my god. i don't even know what else to say

sig by Nyi28nhl from Islander Mania
CalBears99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey ghetto, im using the sig. hope you dont mind...

all this is just to surreal.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
hey ghetto, im using the sig. hope you dont mind...

all this is just to surreal.
Yup np, it really is just so numbing to think about it.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

because of him portis and arrington washington will always be my second team, taylor most of all, he will be missed insanely

i know its odd but it will be sad to not see him on madden
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Since idiots have ruined the Sean Taylor thread in the NFL forum, I will post this here, for those of us who can appreciate the man and mourn in our own respective ways. This is an interview with Ryan Clark who we all know was Sean's dude, I was sad when we let him go, I took out excerpts of the best parts, if you want to read the whole thing go here:http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk...l?hpid=topnews

Quote:
Ryan Clark was probably Sean Taylor's closest friend during their two years together on the Washington Redskins (2004-2005). Sean made 53 NFL starts - 22 of them were with Clark by his side (rookie LaRon Landry has the second-most starts with Sean, just 9). Numerous Redskins teammates said that Clark was a calming, soothing influence on Taylor, and a devout Christian who played a role in Sean becoming more interested in his faith.

Clark helped Sean with in-game adjustments, was the player who reached out to him the most and the player who got through to him the most. When Clark was allowed to depart in free agency in March 2006, most Redskins veterans took it as a massive blow to team chemistry, and when Taylor struggled with new partner Adam Archuleta in 2006, some said privately that Taylor was brooding over the loss of his friend. (Taylor downplayed the importance of Clark to his development during training camp, when Sean made his only real public comments of the season, but a bevy of current and former teammates believe Clark was a tremendous positive force in his life. "I don't think anybody in the NFL is tied to each other," Taylor said at the time)

Before Sean's daughter was born, he would spend nights playing video games with Clark's kids. Sean's fiancée, Jackie, became close with Clark's wife. Taylor ate meals at Clark's house, and began to make positive changes in his life. And this morning, a friend of Taylor's fiancée called the Clarks - who now reside in Pittsburgh with Ryan a safety for the Steelers - to tell them their friend was dead.
So their last conversation came during Pittsburgh's preseason game at FedEx Field Aug. 18..

"We talked for 30 minutes before the game, just sharing stories and laughing," Clark said on his cellphone tonight, "and it was good man, and I thank the Lord for that last opportunity to let him know how I felt about him, and he let me know how he felt about me and we moved on from there. He seemed like he'd changes a lot and matured and he was playing incredible football this year."
"All you can do now is lean on your faith and I know Sean did get the opportunity to get right with God and he did get the opportunity to change his life and you have to take the approach that Sean would have taken and that's that he's moved on and he's going to be watching us all now, and if you have faith then you have to believe that he is better off there than he was here."

In my last conversation with Sean, in an impromptu group setting after that Aug. 16 practice, he did elaborate on his mindset coming into this season, one that resulted in what was clearly his best season ever.

"It's almost like we play a kid's game for a king's ransom, and if you don't take it seriously enough, one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have did this, or I could have did that.' " Taylor said. "I'll just say that I'm healthy right now, and I'm going into my fourth year, so why not do the best that I can? Whether it's eating right, whether it's training myself right, or whether it's studying harder. It's whatever I can do to better myself."

Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/52126924d548e3/

Portis on the John Thompson Show.

Shedding some light on the real ST.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Taylor was an elite safety. This is tragic. Just a shame when you step back and look at all the evil in the world. Prayers go out to all affected by this hideous crime.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Since idiots have ruined the Sean Taylor thread in the NFL forum, I will post this here, for those of us who can appreciate the man and mourn in our own respective ways. This is an interview with Ryan Clark who we all know was Sean's dude, I was sad when we let him go, I took out excerpts of the best parts, if you want to read the whole thing go here:http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk...l?hpid=topnews
Good interview. I believe Sean is in a better place according to what I here from Clark. That is sad to think he has a one year old daughter that won't have a dad.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I've been a Skins fan for 35+ years and this is by far my worst day ever. I can't imagine the Skins without Taylor and I can barely type through the tears. If he had stayed healthy he would have been HOF material, maybe the best safety ever. thanks for setting up this thread, Ghetto.
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did you get this Idea from Cowboys-forum.com?
J/K, I don't really care. I could careless about Green Bay at this point. I just keep thinking about him wearing #26.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, i just cant think that this is real... it honestly hasnt truly hit me... i just cant put it together that its actually real.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I came here to pay my respects. I will now forever be a Washington Redskins fan. They will always be my second team now. Only second to the Dolphins, which are hometown team. What a tragedy. I still cannot stop my tears. It will take a long time to recover from this. For now though, all we can do is pray he is up there watching over us now as our Angel above.

Rest in Peace Sean. You will be missed dearly.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 11-28-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

i just cant take this, i need to stop watching/reading things about him... its too much, i just cant believe it happened.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Has anyone heard from Moss or Rocky?

Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i just cant take this, i need to stop watching/reading things about him... its too much, i just cant believe it happened.
I feel the same way. It is all just too surreal to me. I don't have any idea how to move on from something like this.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
yno88
Rookie

yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.yno88 could make a wolverine purr.

From a Cowboys' fan, condolences. What a tragedy. I only hope they get the clowns who did this.

From one classy organization to another:

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys safety Ken Hamlin said it best:

"Sometimes it's not about football. It's about life."

The tragic death of Redskins safety Sean Taylor was a big jolt to many Cowboys players who were stunned and saddened by the news.

Taylor, 24, was shot in the upper leg by an apparent intruder at his Miami home early Monday morning. After being airlifted to a nearby hospital and undergoing surgery for the wound, Taylor died early Tuesday morning.

"The guy had a family, a lot of friends," Hamlin said. "Sure he's a great player, but from everything you hear, he was a great person as well. It's definitely a big loss. I pray for his family and friends at this time."

The Cowboys' defense held a collective moment of silence for Taylor on Tuesday, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league will honor Taylor at all games this weekend.

"We extend our heartfelt sympathy to Sean's family, friends, teammates, and the Redskins' organization," Goodell said. "This is a terrible tragedy involving the loss of a young man who leaves behind many people struggling to understand it."

Cowboys safety Roy Williams said he plans to have his own tribute to Taylor, who like himself, was a top draft pick. Taylor went fifth overall to the Redskins in 2004 while Williams was the Cowboys' eighth overall pick in 2002.

"It's tragic. I'm wearing a (No.) 21 on the back of my helmet for the rest of the season," Williams said. "He's a great dude. I met him at the Pro Bowl and was impressed with him on the field and off the field. He really will be missed."

Williams said he wasn't close friends with Taylor, but has met him twice in Hawaii at the end of the season.

He said he was looking for Taylor after the Cowboys' recent game with the Redskins, which Taylor missed with a knee injury.

"When we played the Redskins two weeks ago, I was looking for him so I could reach out to him and talk to him," Williams said. "I didn't know he was hurt. It's just things like that it's like I wish I could have said something to him."

Taylor is the second NFL player fatally shot since January. Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, a Fort Worth native, was shot and killed outside of a Denver nightclub on Jan. 1.

"We're human. It's not like we're invincible to anything," Hamlin said. "Anything can happen to us. So it's just a real scary thing. But it's a sad loss for the NFL and certainly the Redskins."

From dallascowboys.com.
yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote