Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-29-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'd imagine the odds of Kindle starting inside would be higher then Johnson. I remember during the predraft process there were a few people, myself included, that thought Kindle might be a better fit inside in a 3-4 then outside. I really like him in a Karlos Dansby kind of role in the NFL. I remember having this convo with Toon around draft time...Kindle can play anywhere in the 3-4, but I can definitely envision him getting alot of snaps from an ILB position. If you go back and look at his college tape, there were a ton of instances where he was less pass rushing and more blitzing, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I really do hope Sergio comes back healthy though, he'd be an instant boost for our LB core whereever we put him, assuming he's healthy.
I think you're talking about his junior season when he was playing SLB but Muschamp was blitzing him most every play. Yeah, he was definitely more effective standing up but I think his ability to bend and get around the corner suits him best at outside. He's got the speed we need on the perimeter and just would be more valuable getting after the quarterback. Just my opinion though.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A memorial day 53 man roster attempt.

QB-Flacco/Todd
RB-Rice/Allen/Steele
FB-McClain
TE-Heap/Dickson/Pitta
LT-Oher/Cousins
LG-Grubbs
C-Birk/Chester
RG-Yanda/Moll
RT-Reid/Harewood
WR-Boldin/Doss/Reed
WR-Mason/Smith

offense-23

DE-Ngata/Jones/Tavalou
DT-Gregg/Cody/McKinney
DE-Redding/Kruger/McPhee
OLB-Suggs/Albert McClellan
MLB-Lewis/Gooden/Phillips
MLB-Ellerbe/McClain/Ayanbedejo
OLB-Johnson
CB-Fox/Webb/Brown
CB-Smith/Wilson/WIlliams
FS-Reed/Nakamura
SS-Zbikowski

K-Cundiff
P-Koch
LS-Cox
Old 05-30-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a random piece of info. Arthur Jones has supposedly slimmed down and gotten very trim (I'd assume from boxing), which makes me think he's trying to make a move behind Redding on the weakside.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see how much he looses and how he does at Weakside DE. Also god forbid if Ngata goes down I hope we have someone who can play Strongside DE.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
It will be interesting to see how much he looses and how he does at Weakside DE. Also god forbid if Ngata goes down I hope we have someone who can play Strongside DE.
If Ngata goes down, we're in serious trouble.

As with the depth chart, I'll give it a shot:

QB-Flacco/Taylor
RB-Rice/Parmele/Allen
FB-McClain
TE-Heap/Dickson/Pitta
LT-Oher/Cousins
LG-Grubbs
C-Birk
RG-Yanda/Chester
RT-Reid/Moll
X-Boldin/Doss/Hardy
Z-Mason/Smith/Reed

DE-Ngata/Jones/
DT-Gregg/Cody/McKinney
DE-Redding/Kruger/McPhee
OLB-Suggs/Kindle
MLB-Lewis/Gooden/Ayanbadejo
MLB-Ellerbe/McClain/
OLB-Johnson/Burgess
CB-Fox/Webb/Brown
CB-Smith/Wilson
FS-Reed/Nakamura
SS-Zbikowski

K-Cundiff
P-Kock
LS-Cox

I'm gonna leave two spots for free agents at safety and either a QB or C. I might have gone out on a limb with James Hardy but from everything I've heard, he's finally recovered from his ACL injury, and he brings that red zone threat outside. While he might be a darkhorse, I think the coaching staff is hoping to unearth that talent that made him so highly regarding coming out of the draft.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would make a serious play for Kerry Collins if he is in the FA pool.

I forgot about BUrgess Im sure we will have him. Also I wouldnt get my hopes up of KIndle thats a complete wild card but if he is healthy he will probably have a 4 game suspension cause of that DUI.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would make a serious play for Kerry Collins if he is in the FA pool.

I forgot about BUrgess Im sure we will have him. Also I wouldnt get my hopes up of KIndle thats a complete wild card but if he is healthy he will probably have a 4 game suspension cause of that DUI.
Yeah I don't think he'll play, but I think we will at least keep him on the roster.

Kerry Collins was my first thought for a FA QB but he wants to come in and compete for a starting job I think. He's from the Northeast originally so maybe we can get him for a year or two. He doesn't care about the money though and he's not going to get to play unless Joe gets hurt. But if Joe went down, we could still manage to win some games with Collins back there.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think we could possibly keep him on PUP list or IR. IDK its a coinflip with this head injury.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think we could possibly keep him on PUP list or IR. IDK its a coinflip with this head injury.
I'm sure he'll start the season on the PUP. That way we at least have a chance to bring him up to the active roster. It's not like he's gonna get a big contract. It's really a big disappointment. He was such a stud his last two years at Texas. He was a great leader in the locker room and brought intensity to the defense. He fit in perfectly in Baltimore, although he does have a bad history of making bad decisions. Incredibly disruptive player.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Saw this in the Baltimore Sun:

One separating factor between Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Josh Freeman.

QB rating when blitzed:

Flacco - 64.0
Freeman - 79.4
Ryan - 86.5

TD/INT Ratio when pressured:
Flacco - 1.25
Freeman - 3.33
Ryan - 10.00

Flacco also gets sacked 24% of the time there is pressure, 3rd most to rookie QB's Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy. And he is the 28th ranked quarterback under pressure according to ProfootballFocus.com

Sorry to bring the negativity. I just can't stand Flacco. And to think Aaron Rodgers went two picks after Mark Clayton...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...e-deep-threat/ - I hope he makes the roster. We would have an impressive crew for the future in Smith, Doss, Hardy and Reed.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or you can look at it like this - both Freeman and Ryan had receiving options that could make a play on the ball if it wasn't perfectly thrown. Flacco hasn't had that and while getting Boldin was a step in the right direction one receiver that's not overly long or fast can only do so much. I'm not denying that Flacco looks bad under pressure but it's not as black-and-white as looking solely at the QB ratings.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Also Flacco doesnt have the ability to audible out of a play. That may play a role as well. But that stat shows why we need Gaither whether he is a tool or not. Him at LT and Oher at RT is the best possible lineup for us.

and I love Hardy physical ability. Hopefully he can stay healthy and earn a spot!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Or you can look at it like this - both Freeman and Ryan had receiving options that could make a play on the ball if it wasn't perfectly thrown. Flacco hasn't had that and while getting Boldin was a step in the right direction one receiver that's not overly long or fast can only do so much. I'm not denying that Flacco looks bad under pressure but it's not as black-and-white as looking solely at the QB ratings.
I agree to some extent. Ravens1991 hit it dead on that we really do need to solidify the line. I don't know if Gaither comes back, but either way, Joe has struggled under pressure, specifically against the Steelers. One reason is because our receivers lack the speed to get open quickly and opposing corners press hard on them to limit any separation. Two is because he's just not the most mobile guy. So regardless of how he compares to his peers under pressure, it's evident he is significantly better in a clean pocket, and that is when he flashes those elite tools.

I would have to say though, while I agree that Ryan has a better supporting cast, Freeman was playing with Mike Williams (4th round rookie), Arrelious Benn (2nd round rookie) and Sammie Stroughter (7th round 2nd year player). Yeah round doesn't indicate talent, but these aren't Pro Bowl receivers. Kellen Winslow is still a decent player, but Cadillac is not close to the receiver Rice is out of the backfield.

Just an opinion, but I think people are always writing off Mason as nothing, but he's a very good receiver and has a knack for making those tough catches. I'd take our skill players over the Buccs any day.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Say Flacco was able to Audible to Boldin or Hoosh with a slant up the middle. That would help immensley. Cam ego, Harbaughs blind loyalty and this doghouse ******** is destroying our title hopes!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Say Flacco was able to Audible to Boldin or Hoosh with a slant up the middle. That would help immensley. Cam ego, Harbaughs blind loyalty and this doghouse ******** is destroying our title hopes!
Cam Cameron has done well with quarterbacks before. I don't know why he's so reluctant to let Joe call audibles. But yes, I'm also annoyed about this power struggle ******** going on. But I like what Harbaugh has done with the team. I'd rather we get back to establishing the running game and keeping our defense fresh. I loved the 2008 season when we ran the ball 600 times or whatever it was. Lorenzo Neal and LeRon in the backfield was awesome.

Last edited by America : 05-31-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs receivers are young but I think they have the physical ability to make a play on the ball if it's thrown in their area, at least moreso than the guys we have. Winslow can't be forgotten either and while he's not the same he was before his injury he's still a pretty good receiver at TE. Same goes for Heap too though. Mason is one of my favorite players on the team (Michigan State homer :D) but I don't think he has the ability to really compete for the ball in the air anymore. As it stands now I'd also take our skill guys over Tampa's (adding Smith and Doss is huge, as would be getting Dicskon and Pitta more involved).

The offensive line was hugely disappointing last season, that's a good point to bring up. We probably had the best talent at the skill positions Flacco has ever had (possibly the Ravens franchise too) but then the protection wasn't there. Flacco still had his best season (in my mind at least) but I wish we could have seen what he could do with the protection from 2009-2010 and the receivers from 2010-2011. Oh well...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The offensive line was hugely disappointing last season, that's a good point to bring up. We probably had the best talent at the skill positions Flacco has ever had (possibly the Ravens franchise too) but then the protection wasn't there. Flacco still had his best season (in my mind at least) but I wish we could have seen what he could do with the protection from 2009-2010 and the receivers from 2010-2011. Oh well...
Let's just hope each position group is hitting on all cylinders next season. Unfortunately the most uncertain group is the offensive line and they need to improve the most.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some key predicted stats.
Ravens record --> (11-5/13-3)
Joe Flacco --> (350+ completions, 4,000+ yards, 30+ TDs, Pro bowler)
Ray Rice --> ( 300+ carries, 1400+ yards, 10+ total TDs)
Anquan Boldin --> (75+ catches, 1000+ yards, 8+ TDs)
Torrey Smith --> (30+ catches, 4+ TDs)
Terrell Suggs --> (12+ sacks)
Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
That's a good point. I haven't heard anything about him his offseason either. Hopefully he's doing what it takes to remain in decent shape. He can be extremely valuable this year if he can keep the double teams off of Ngata. We really needed this offseason to develop the younger D-lineman (Cody, Kruger, Art Jones, Kindle if he's healthy). JJ has lost some quickness and doesn't have the moves to be an effective pass rusher, so we need some of the big guys to get some pressure.
Regarding Cody...

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

Quote:
RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
Terrence cody is here and looks like he's in pretty good shape wouldn't say what he weighs but said he's lighter than last season
Quote:
RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
Several teammates including ben grubbs and lardarius webb impressed with terrence codys conditioning grubbs said cody is serious about it
Quote:
@RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
Terrence cody: 'I'm training harder and harder I'm waiting til the season to let people know how much I weigh I'm in pretty good shape'
Well that's a good sign. I wouldn't think Cody would have let himself go anyways, not when he has a good chance to get a lot of playing time next season and possibly even taking over the starting role from Gregg. If not next year he's definitely getting it the year after since I can't see Gregg coming back.

He also had this to say about a week ago regarding Arthur Jones:

Quote:
I mentioned this the other day but @artj97 Ravens defensive lineman Arthur Jones has lost a lot of weight and looks much quicker and leaner.
And the prior Tweet he was referring to:

Quote:
Defensive lineman Arthur Jones' MMA training with his brother Bones Jones is paying off, much leaner and quicker now.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 06-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I was at the Ben Grubbs charity softball game today and he really did look noticably thinner. I was gonna post it even before coordinators post.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

apparently Sergio Kindle has been cleared by nearly every medical expert in Baltimore according to Mike Preston. I Cant wait to see him on the field
Old 06-08-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
apparently Sergio Kindle has been cleared by nearly every medical expert in Baltimore according to Mike Preston. I Cant wait to see him on the field
Any link for this?

This would be a gigantic addition for us. He has had a year of sitting and learning in the system so he should be able to hit the ground running. I really hope he can be a contributor out there. We have NO ONE opposite Suggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Well, we have Johnson but I get what you're saying. Kindle could really add something to our pass-rush if we get him on the field. I still expect us to add a pass-rusher in free agency but nobody that's going to command too high of a price. Perhaps Matt Roth? Ideally I would like Kiwanuka but I'm not sure what kind of money he's going to get.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wonder what type of deal Kindle will get, I believe he is technically a EFA.

Also I assume Kindle will recieve a 4 game suspension for his DUI he got this past december.