Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what type of deal Kindle will get, I believe he is technically a EFA.

Also I assume Kindle will recieve a 4 game suspension for his DUI he got this past december.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Any link for this?
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...4154010.column
Quote:
Sergio Kindle: The second-year outside linebacker has been cleared to play by almost every medical expert in Baltimore, but no one can predict what will happen until the contact starts. Kindle, who fractured his skull while falling down two flights of stairs last summer, needs time to learn the defense. The Ravens want him to become a good pass rusher opposite Terrell Suggs.

Quote:
This would be a gigantic addition for us. He has had a year of sitting and learning in the system so he should be able to hit the ground running. I really hope he can be a contributor out there. We have NO ONE opposite Suggs.
Agreed. JJ doesnt provide enough of a pass rush to really be counted on. When he is on the field we may as well be playing in a 4-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I wonder what type of deal Kindle will get, I believe he is technically a EFA.
Assuming the same rules are in place as the previous CBA, then yes he would be a ERFA which would mean another 1 year 330k contract unless the Ravens wanted to give him a bigger, longer contract but I don't see why you would except maybe signing him to what his rookie contract would have been as a good faith gesture
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodley said Flacco will never win a title in his lifetime. We better beat them next year.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone give me a breakdown of Dawan Landry. What type of season did he have last year, what type of player is he, better as a SS, FS, etc. I am targeting him and Huff for the Cowboys, not sure who is better at the moment and who is cheaper.

He's not likely to be re-signed right? I get the sense he's gonna ask more then what he's worth to your team. He's obviously not a guy you can build around, but if you were starting Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh he'd have to be an upgrade. Just not sure how much of 1 and if it's worth the price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Can someone give me a breakdown of Dawan Landry. What type of season did he have last year, what type of player is he, better as a SS, FS, etc. I am targeting him and Huff for the Cowboys, not sure who is better at the moment and who is cheaper.

He's not likely to be re-signed right? I get the sense he's gonna ask more then what he's worth to your team. He's obviously not a guy you can build around, but if you were starting Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh he'd have to be an upgrade. Just not sure how much of 1 and if it's worth the price tag.
He wants an average of 5 million per year which I think is way too high for him. He's one dimension in that he's an in the box player, good against the run, and even bigger backs, but can't man up and isn't that great in zone. He has his moments though and is pretty instinctual. A lot of his fallacies can be attributed to his lack of top end speed and quickness, but he's moderately instinctive and has a pretty good feel for the game. I though Zbikowski was better, especially in coverage. But Landry is around the action a lot, can make the big play, and is a pretty sound tackler.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Landry open field tackling isnt that good. He is a in box SS at 220. His coverage is sketchy. I honestly dont want him back considering we have Zbi. It is unfortanete because he was a lot better before that neck injury in 2008;
Old 06-13-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great vs. the run, wasn't as aggressive as he was before his neck injury but he was still a force. 2nd on the team in tackles behind Ray.

Coverage is another story though. Zbikowski IMO was a lot better in that part of the game.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOKEF0RKZg

Its tough for me to forgive him for that and that horrible tackle attempt, then tripping Ray Lewis in the process. He also really had a terrible tackle attempt against ATL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtmCcJQXM8

at 15 seconds.

That video reminds me how dumb Mattison was as a DC
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

The other posters pretty much covered it. He's not a very good tackler in the open field and if you have him in coverage on anybody but a TE you're in trouble. Against the run he's very good and can tackle at the LOS. America made a good point in that he's has a good feel for the game and I think he actually has decent ball-skills. He's a SS only for sure.

I'm not sure where the $5 mil. a year figure came from but I think we'll let him walk unless we're able to keep him as a RFA.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the responses guys, I knew I could get a good read on him here. I was a huge fan before the neck injury, after he came back I hadn't watched him as much. It makes me leary because we require both safeties to cover quite a bit with so much blitzing, and then I have to consider Landy got to play with Ed Reed roaming the entire back half of the secondary.

He wouldn't have that here. Then again, I keep telling myself it's FA, your not gonna get a longterm answer, just a stop gap solution more often then not.

I have heard alot of good things about Zibby though, I'll have 2 look out for him next season.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The other posters pretty much covered it. He's not a very good tackler in the open field and if you have him in coverage on anybody but a TE you're in trouble. Against the run he's very good and can tackle at the LOS. America made a good point in that he's has a good feel for the game and I think he actually has decent ball-skills. He's a SS only for sure.

I'm not sure where the $5 mil. a year figure came from but I think we'll let him walk unless we're able to keep him as a RFA.
"Baltimore Ravens impending free-agent SS Dawan Landry may look for a contract that would pay him $5 million per season once free agency begins." - It's KFFL. My bad, I glanced at it earlier that day and thought I read he was looking for a contract that size. But I'm sure he's gonna get a nice payday either way.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Apparently Kindle has been cleared to play according to Sergio himself. He said he was cleared in January, I guess we kept it quiet as a draft tactic.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move keeping it quiet for the draft. If they already knew he was back the I can understand not going after a pass rusher in the draft. I'm really hoping for big things from him. Just someone who can get after the QB opposite Suggs.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/media..._-_Ravens.aspx
Old 06-16-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ravens DC Chuck Pagano indicated that he plans to use No. 27 overall pick Jimmy Smith like the Jets do Darrelle Revis, allowing Smith to shadow opposing No. 1 wide receivers.
Pagano gave a glowing review of Smith, and isn't wasting any time. "You're gonna match up with everyone's finest," Pagano told Smith. "We've had elite shutdown corners in the past, and we just got the next one. The next great Raven cover corner." The Ravens don't have any other surefire starting cornerbacks under contract for 2011, so Smith will be thrust into the No. 1 role.
I'm just praying that Pagano is gonna be an aggressive DC and that J. Smith is going to be the great corner he has the potential to be.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-16-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

you cant get less agressive then Mattison. rushing a 34 line and having everyone play soft zone is probably the dumbest thing I have ever seen on a football field no debate. So we will be making progress with Pagano
Old 06-21-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...lacco-bashers/

great read on Flacco.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

#5 is the most important part to me. He is still very young and has only 3 years experience. He will continue to get better and will be able to take advantage of the weapons around him and his own unique tools.

I think the problem with his perception around the league is that people showered him with praise after his rookie year (undue praise IMO), and then were shocked that he wasn't some all world QB the next year. I have seen him grow in bits and pieces over time. In no way has he plateaued.

I'm very happy with Flacco as our QB. We could be in a lot worse shape back there. Just remember Boller and McNair.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-23-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...re-aggressive/

Glad to see Flacco recognizes one of our greatest weaknesses. Hopefully Cam will listen.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

That is good to see, but i think that may shove the stick up Camerons ass even deeper.

Also I read in the baltimore sun the other day that Ellerbe has fallen asleep in some team meetings, rarely takes notes and has shown up late to home games before. I could see why McClain gets more time over him with that.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I like that Flacco is stepping up and saying what he feels. He never is going to be a rah rah leader but speaking your mind and saying what you want from your team really is a nice sign of leadership.

With Ellerbe, if he really is doing that stuff, he needs to step up and be a professional. He is a good player on the field but you can't slack off monday-saturday and just expect to play well on sunday. You have to earn playing time.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like that Flacco is stepping up and saying what he feels. He never is going to be a rah rah leader but speaking your mind and saying what you want from your team really is a nice sign of leadership.

With Ellerbe, if he really is doing that stuff, he needs to step up and be a professional. He is a good player on the field but you can't slack off monday-saturday and just expect to play well on sunday. You have to earn playing time.
Surprising since he went undrafted. Usually you see that behavior from entitled first rounders.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Preston reported Ngata got down to 325 pounds. IF he doesnt lose any strength he will be unblockable with that extra half step he gains from losing weight.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHYH7RwsJg

"Organized Chaos"
Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
god, I wish we still did that, Mattison ran the most straight foward grandma defense I've ever seen in Baltimore.

SO GLAD that fart is gone.