Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 06-26-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Ngata is down to 325 and plans to play at that weight in order to be a bit more active on the field. Its nuts that he can drop 25 lbs and still be 325. Sounds like he want to improve his pass rush too.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...7991820.column

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That man is just absolutely unreal.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching that video of organized chaos and looking back over the past 2 years I realized its time for us Ravens fans to admit Rex>>>>>Harbaugh.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex probably would have been better just for the fact that we get to keep him as our DC. Harbaugh has been good overall. We could do far worse.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-28-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong here with what I'm about to say - I think Harbaugh has done an excellent job with this team with all that he has had to deal with. Despite some questionable decisions you cannot argue with the statistics - 3 years here, he's brought us nothing but winning seasons and trips to the playoffs. IDC if we've yet to see a Super Bowl, we're a young team, give it time; we could be A LOT worse.

now with that being said, Rex Ryan would have been a much better fit for this team. The entire defense LOVED him like a father. He would run through a brick wall for them and they would have done the same. Do I like the way Ryan runs his mouth? No, but hell, if he was doing it for my team, I'd back him 100%.

So my thoughts on Ryan and Harbaugh - they are both doing great jobs, Ryan might have been the players favorite but Harbaugh has done an excellent job himself, despite probably not being as well liked by the players as Ryan was.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes me frustrated w/ Harb is he is valued his friendship w/ Mattiosn and Cameron way too much. He was afraid to stand up against them. He is letting Cams ridic ego hold Flacco back, and was afraid to let Mattison know that his defense doesnt even make sense w/ players of any skillsets, let alone players who need to attack from a 34. I dislike Mattison more then even Hines Ward, thankfully his ass is out of here.

Not to mention I dont agree with how he handled the Oher/Gaither situation. I could imagine Rex telling the media to shove "the blindside" up thier ass and keep Gaither at LT how it shoulda been all along
Old 06-29-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Foxworth is scheduled to make 7 million next year, but not a penny of that is guarenteed. That makes me think we will be able to sign Nmandi if we let go Fox and McGahee. I like Fox but I would drop him For Nmandi in a heartbeat. Say we somehow cant get Wilson or carr back I still will love the CB trio below. If we somehow got Carr or Wilson back, or somehow kept Fox and freed up cap space by releasing other players our CB corp will be great.

Nmandi/Smith/Webb/Williams/Brown
Old 06-29-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Foxworth is scheduled to make 7 million next year, but not a penny of that is guarenteed. That makes me think we will be able to sign Nmandi if we let go Fox and McGahee. I like Fox but I would drop him For Nmandi in a heartbeat. Say we somehow cant get Wilson or carr back I still will love the CB trio below. If we somehow got Carr or Wilson back, or somehow kept Fox and freed up cap space by releasing other players our CB corp will be great.

Nmandi/Smith/Webb/Williams/Brown
Where did you get that from? Rotoworld has his salary as $4.4m. The other $2-3m that makes up Foxworth's likely cap number comes from signing bonuses etc and would count as dead money against the cap if Foxworth was cut
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

a couple ppl were posting it on baltimoreravens.com not the best source i guess. Ill look into it
Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Heres a pretty good article that seems to have it right (the salaries match up to those on Rotoworld for example)
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...dy-to-compete/

This breaks my heart. We NEED to get a ring this year!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...dy-to-compete/

This breaks my heart. We NEED to get a ring this year!
It feels like we're always one piece away. We've got a great schedule this year. Hopefully we can use that to get a first round bye or at least not be on the road for every single playoff game.

We still need the offense to step up and be able to take over games, especially in the post season, and I think Joe can lead the guys to be in the upper echelon on the league. They don't need to be top 3 or even top 10 in yards or points, but they just need to be consistent, limit turnovers, and keep the defense off the field. Obviously I feel like every year "could" be the year, but I think this is the most well rounded and complete team yet. We need a lot of things to go the right way, but I've got a good feeling about the team this year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think this is the year or i will question if we will be any more then the Utah Jazz of the NFL.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think this is the year or i will question if we will be any more then the Utah Jazz of the NFL.
Please, I absolutely hate the Jazz. They're Rocket killers. Comparing them to the Ravens is a travesty.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well you know what I mean, the team that doesnt get it done. But always in the mix. I really question if Harb/Flacco is gonna be a winner. It seems like we are there but we always go wrong and **** the bed against a good team.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well you know what I mean, the team that doesnt get it done. But always in the mix. I really question if Harb/Flacco is gonna be a winner. It seems like we are there but we always go wrong and **** the bed against a good team.
Well it looks like *that* good team might self implode soon.

Just in case you didn't see James Harrison's latest tirade - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...paid-like-him/

“Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again,” Harrison said. “Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”

And yes, we have been incredibly unclutch against top teams recently. Except that playoff win against NE two years ago. That was awesome.

Last edited by America : 07-13-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well it looks like *that* team might self implode soon.

Just in case you didn't see James Harrison's latest tirade - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...paid-like-him/

“Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again,” Harrison said. “Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.”

And yes, we have been incredibly unclutch against top teams recently. Except that playoff win against NE two years ago. That was awesome.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

that was hilarious, he is my new favorite steeler now
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only problem I have with the comments is what he said about Ben and Mendenhall. I think it is wrong and it will be fine as time goes on.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Well it looks like *that* team might self implode soon.

yeah thats what happens, an outside linebacker says something and the entire team just implodes.

wishful thinking
Old 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
yeah thats what happens, an outside linebacker says something and the entire team just implodes.

wishful thinking
Well calling out your quarterback and runningback is never a good thing. I'd be legitamitely pissed off if I were Big Ben. And don't underestimate the effect of a torn locker room.

And what do you think the chances are Harrison is suspended for the season opener? I think Goodell is a terrible Commissioner but calling him the Devil is going too far. Harrison might have a loud bark, but Goodell is the one with the power to come back with the bite.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

What a joke he is. I hope that Goodell comes down hard on him for thrashing so many players. I can't wait until he tries to back track and say that this is all out of context. Maybe he will threaten to retire again, clown.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 07-14-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Anyone think Chris Spencer could be brought in cheap as a short term solution at Center? Back up Birk for a year and then get a few average years as a starter until we develop a replacement. Max Unger is taking over in Seattle and Spencer hasn't wowed there, but he's serviceable and 29 so he's got some solid years left.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So as far as free agency is concerned.
- Re-sign McClain. He's more than just an awesome fullback, he's a power back that'll compliment Rice perfectly.
- Re-sign Josh Wilson! The man played very well down the stretch. Team him up with Carr, Foxworth and Jimmy and we our secondary is no longer a weakness.
- Chester should be gone and Yanda should come back.
- We need to sign one of these pass rushing OLBs (Avril, Kiwanuka, Umenyora, Babin)
Old 07-19-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you'll see us bring back Wilson and Yanda for sure and really attempt to hammer down a long term deal for Ngata at the same time. I'd imagine McClain and Gaither will both walk, they want their opportunities elsewhere. Honestly, I'd love to see us take a run at Jon Joseph but I'd imagine he'll be too pricey for our tastes. I can't see us being too active in attempting to bring in new blood but I assume we'll attempt to re-sign our guys as per usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote