Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-27-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of all the undrafted free agents we grabbed, here's my top 5 most likely guys that'll make the team.
5) Justin Boren, OG, Ohio St.
4) Talmadge Jackson, CB, Syracuse
3) Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn.
2) Mana Silva, S, Hawaii
1) Ryan Bartholomew, C, Syracuse
Old 07-27-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Of all the undrafted free agents we grabbed, here's my top 5 most likely guys that'll make the team.
5) Justin Boren, OG, Ohio St.
4) Talmadge Jackson, CB, Syracuse
3) Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn.
2) Mana Silva, S, Hawaii
1) Ryan Bartholomew, C, Syracuse
I thought Bartholomew was draftable and with Chester likely gone, he could easily find himself as a reserve lineman.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only guys with a shot to make the roster are Barnes, Bartholomew, Boren, and Silva. Interior offensive line depth is a pretty big need at the moment and keeping one or two of these guys for cheap depth seems like a good idea. Silva is interesting since it looks like Landry will be gone and we'll need to add another safety for depth.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can let out a sigh of relief because we just re-signed Prescott Burgess. Championship...
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Burgess come back. I was ecstatic yesterday when Yanda resigned. I think that we really need to try to get Wilson back, with Carr as a fall back if we can't.

Any one else a little shocked by the Mason & Heap cut? I understood McGahee and Gregg because of money but I didn't even think Mason would be gone after we basically talked him into coming back last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I was shocked too. I expect us to try to bring them back though
Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure Mason knows he's on his last season in the league.
I doubt any other teams want him too bad, so I fully expect him to re-sign a cheap, one year deal.
When it comes down to it, he's still a fantastic route runner with excellent hands. A perfect possesion guy to compliment our #1 (Boldin) and our #3 (Torrey Smith)
As for Heap, I was extremely shocked we let him go.
After a huge year last season, I expect him to come back as well but he should draw heavy interest from TE needy teams who are willing to pay him more.
Landry, is as good as gone, which means Zbikowski can finally start at SS.
Same goes with Gaither, he should be a Raider in no time and it's clear the team has moved on.
As far as the backs are concerned, McGahee will not return but I'm still very hopefully we can get McClain back.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather sign Vickers for less than resign Mcclain.

Honestly though our team is pretty well set up to handle the losses of this guys. We've prepared well overall. I'm hoping we can bring back Heap, Mason & Gregg at good contracts, but the others will probably command too much cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I agree with Niel. I'd rather have Vickers too. McClain has slimmed down as isn't really much of a fullback anymore. We need a bruiser to open holes for Raymell. Vickers is a solid blocker, but doesn't offer much else, so no one is going to break the bank for him.

I expect Mason to be back. I don't think anyone will offer much more than the veteran minimum and he's made enough to be able to pick convenience over cash. The same with Kelly Gregg. Both guys are much more valuable to the Ravens than anyone else. I'm a little worried about Heap though. The Cards signed Jeff King, but he's mostly a blocker, so they could still look to bring him back to his home state. I don't know the market for TE's but maybe 2 years, $5 million could be enough to lure Heap back and it would be for $2 million less of a cap number than it would have been had Ozzie not made the move.

I think we sign Josh Wilson to a 5 year deal. I'd hope we could get him for $25 million but it might be more. If it is, we might have to let him walk. I think all the other guys sign elsewhere and we get a bunch of compensatory picks.

And then somehow we still have some cash left to sign Ngata to 6 years $80 million, Rice to 5 years 43 million and Flacco to a 7 year $85 million deal. I hate how much money they make.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Wilson signs with the Skins.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn for 5 million a year too. I wonder what we are gonna do w/ CB now. Fox will be a question mark w/ that knee. Smith is a rookie. I expect webb to improve from last year but still he was inconsistent. It should be interesting.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
damn for 5 million a year too. I wonder what we are gonna do w/ CB now. Fox will be a question mark w/ that knee. Smith is a rookie. I expect webb to improve from last year but still he was inconsistent. It should be interesting.
With Santonio off the market, Id really love to see us bring in a Jon Joseph or a Richard Marshall. Im really fond of the latter, I think he'd be a great addition and would probably come for about 4 or 5 mill a season, if Im calculating correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

What the **** Ozzie. You can't shell out 13.5 million over three years for a starting corner?? That's nothing. If Carr signs a bigger deal I'm going to be ******* livid.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
What the **** Ozzie. You can't shell out 13.5 million over three years for a starting corner?? That's nothing. If Carr signs a bigger deal I'm going to be ******* livid.
It's very possible if the Ravens don't land a bigger name corner they will be scrambling and will probably offer Carr far more than he's worth. I actually think Cro and Rogers should be starting to get consideration the latter probably being the better fit. I basically had Wilson penciled as starter so this defeinitely throws a wrench in the grand scheme of things.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think we all did. Wilson would be a good #2 CB. And honestly the deal he got at washington wasnt that bad, Im surprised we didnt make a play for him. Perhaps we have a big plan
Old 07-28-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Chester to Washington. 5 years, 20 million. Yikes,
Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Good
I was never a huge Chester fan, sure he's versatile and can pull out quicker than a porn star, but he wasn't strong enough at the point of attack.
Prepare ourselves for a new offensive line with Chester & Gaither gone.
Oher...Grubbs...Birk...Yanda...Reid/Harewood/Cousins.
RT is clearly a weakness for us, I'd like us to sign a veteran for sure.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

wow i cant believe I saw that. Chester was a versatile back up and thats it.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Ravens just losing players not adding ish, Ozzie needs to get on his game, teams are improving the Ravens are setting themselves to regress unless some young defenders play beyond their expectations or if Flacco turns into a pro bowler.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Damn Ravens just losing players not adding ish, Ozzie needs to get on his game, teams are improving the Ravens are setting themselves to regress unless some young defenders play beyond their expectations or if Flacco turns into a pro bowler.
Let's hope our young guys can develop. Our losses haven't been too bad though. I think we'll get Heap and Mason back. Gaither didn't even play last year and Chester was awful. Landry is replaceable. Wilson is replaceable. McClain and McGahee are replaceable. You get my point. We're not losing any of the core guys. We need to refine our offense, getting the running game back to its 2009 form and use Flacco's arm to stretch the ball down the field.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Sure anyone is replaceable but you are talking about losing players who have been in the system. Also unlikely you find a FB or backup HB at the level's of McClain and Mcgahee. You are losing a ton of players who played important roles, sure talent wise you could probably find replacements but because of continuity it's never a good idea to lose so many players who actually played.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been reported that we're only $5-$6 mil. under the cap at the moment so it's hard to bring in anybody of substance. I agree with America that the guys we've lost are replaceable, in fact we've already have youth at the positions to take over for Mason, Heap, and Gregg. Oddly enough losing McGahee has probably created the biggest hole but since he's just a backup and there are a plethora of veteran RBs on the market we should be able to find one. This is a good free agent market for FBs and I have no doubt we're going to find one, the team utilizes the position too much to just have Jason McKie.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It's been reported that we're only $5-$6 mil. under the cap at the moment so it's hard to bring in anybody of substance. I agree with America that the guys we've lost are replaceable, in fact we've already have youth at the positions to take over for Mason, Heap, and Gregg. Oddly enough losing McGahee has probably created the biggest hole but since he's just a backup and there are a plethora of veteran RBs on the market we should be able to find one. This is a good free agent market for FBs and I have no doubt we're going to find one, the team utilizes the position too much to just have Jason McKie.
McClain has lost his value to the team because he's dropped a lot of weight and is trying to be a running back. We need him as a blocker so I think we'll be fine getting Lawrence Vickers. McClain might have been a good player, but he was hardly used as an offensive weapon, so we wouldn't be losing as much as you'd think. McGahee might have been good, but he averaged under 4 ypc, wasn't a receiving threat, and really struggled at the goal-line last year. His 100 carries are substantial but I really believe we can replace him with a small-name guy.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

And apparently we're looking at Osi Umenyiora, which is a surprise to me. We need some pass rush but he'd have to take JJ's spot, which I don't see happening. Although that could maybe force JJ to cross train at ILB which I think he could do better than other of the young options there.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Did you quote the wrong person? Like I said both were replaceable, especially in this market. Getting a true blocker at FB might be the best route to go anyways, like you said McClain has been slimming down a bit so he can run the ball more and that's not what we need at the moment. I'll miss the versatility he brings to the table though.

I despise McGahee and the role he played for us. His style wasn't suited for the short-yardage situations and I'm all too happy to move on from him.