Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-25-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the brightside Pollard is doing great, probably best S we ever had next to Reed besides 2006 Landry. Also Torrey Smith will be a star once he gets on a somewhat respectable offense.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That call on Pollard last night was total ********. That was a textbook tackle.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What can be done with Oher? The penalties are ridiculous. Honestly I think he could be the best guard in the NFL.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
What can be done with Oher? The penalties are ridiculous. Honestly I think he could be the best guard in the NFL.
If I remember correctly, doesn't he have a learning disorder? If so, that could be why he commits dumb penalties and hasn't been impressive at tackle in his career so far. Not saying he's bad, but he's far from the sure thing I thought he was going to be.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I have seen it in my wrestling career ppl are too intense are too frustrated and it hurts them. They slip up once and next thing you know they crumble. I think thats his problem. He is quicker off the ball then anyone I have ever seen, has a great mean streak and has adequate size.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has us taking Jared Crick in the first round as a 5-tech... with Mcphee looking good and Ngata not exactly being ready to retire soon, is a 5-tech really that high on our list of needs in the 1st round?

With him projecting guys like Alfonzo Dennard and Manti T'eo towards the bottom of the round I would much rather see us try and finally address ILB giving us someone to play alongside Ray or turn what was a weakness into a strength, giving us someone to play opposite Smith.

Both options would further help keep our defense a top one for the next decade, Strengthening our secondary for when Reed leaves or strengthening the center of our D for when Ray does.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be too happy with the Crick pick either. He just doesn't seem to be the type of player we would need along the DL if McPhee (and Jones to an extent) wasn't playing well. It's kind of hard to read too much into a late 5th round pick that isn't getting too many snaps but he's really been impressive so far. I'm still holding out hope that we address the offensive line. An ILB would be nice but I'm not sure that any of the top guys will be left.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Oline and a MLB will be our biggest needs IMO.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Oline and a MLB will be our biggest needs IMO.
I tend to agree with the addressing the O-line. However, I'm projecting us to be picking near the bottom of the round and IMO this is not a very deep class at the tackle position especially near where we will be picking and there are no interior guys worth taking that early. Hence why I went with the defensive side of the ball.

ILB is definitely a need and while we addressed corner with Jimmy Smith, I wouldn't mind taking the route that some teams have as of late, using back to back 1st round picks to turn a weakness into an apparent strength (Tampa Bay, Detroit, Cleveland with there D-lines etc.) So taking a guy like Dennard if he indeed ends up falling that far wouldn't be something I could argue with.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I don't know why people keep mentioning CB. Webb has looked very good, Williams is solid, and Carr has shown hes a good nickle corner.

I'd much rather see o-line, ILB, WR, and even OLB addressed before CB.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I don't know why people keep mentioning CB. Webb has looked very good, Williams is solid, and Carr has shown hes a good nickle corner.

I'd much rather see o-line, ILB, WR, and even OLB addressed before CB.
Yeah our corners are getting the job done with the pass rush we've been able to generate and with Pagano as the puppet master I'm quite confident that will continue. We need a replacement for Ray because right now that guy isn't on our roster, I like McClain and I like Ellerbe however I like them next to the man in the middle and not THE man in the middle. If we can get a value guy at OLB I wouldn't mind that either as JJ as solid as he is won't be there much longer and were not sure if Kindles able to take over and Kruger I like as a pass rusher that you just plug in now and again. If any value drops our way during the draft at O-line I think we should take it but I don't want to reach for someone because we feel we need to, however with our history I don't really think that will be an issue.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I've been bumping my guy Michael Brewster in the draft thread, I think we may be able to pick him up in the bottom of the first, I haven't seen anyone with him in the first round of their mocks so we will see where he gets graded out. Although I definitely think he would be worth a 1st rounder, however I am obviously biased.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a bizarre performance.

Last edited by America : 10-30-2011 at 05:14 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah what a difference between halves. It had to be the adjustments at half. Flacco was sooo much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like us to devote the offseason to fixing the offensive line. I don't really care is we do it via the draft of free agency but we can't go on with how their playing now. I actually expect McKinnie to do fairly well next week against Harrison since he doesn't really have the speed to abuse him but sadly most pass-rushers are a bit faster.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Its funny because last year Flacco asked Cam to go into the shot gun more and Cam said **** off. Now when we needed to be in the shot gun Flacco improved tremendously. We need Flacco in the gun.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Already looking forward to next Sunday. Can't wait to beat you guys. :)

Anyone going to the game? I'm trying to get tickets for a treat for my bday.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Already looking forward to next Sunday. Can't wait to beat you guys. :)

Anyone going to the game? I'm trying to get tickets for a treat for my bday.
If you guys could make Brady look like he did, I can only imagine what you'd do to Flacco.

Yikes.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Lee Evans and Ben Grubbs back asap.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early word today is that neither Harrison nor Woodley will play this coming week. Absolutely brutal news for the Steelers and I hate to see anyone injured (actually that's not true, Harrison can stay injured for all I care but Woodley is epic), but this certainly has to help our chances of sweeping the Steelers come Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah that would be pretty big if both of them are out. Our OL handled their pass-rush pretty well the first week but with how they've played ever since I sincerely doubt we could have expected anything close to the same. Without those two though...

EDIT: Worilds was out last week too.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Woodley is trying his hardest to play. I'm not sure it'll happen, but huge if he does. I hope Worilds can play, that way Timmons can go back to the middle. I really like Worilds and hope he gets to play this Sunday.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It def. helps our chances of completing the sweep but honestly, Big Ben is playing on a very high level right now. I know Suggs & Co. always do a good job getting to him and hopefully they do so Sunday night but if he gets hot, I doubt our offense will be able to keep up.

I do think this game is winnable, but defensively we HAVE to get to Ben and protect ourselves from Brown, Wallace and Sanders. Offensively, we HAVE to pound the ball with Rice and when we do pass, do it from the Shotgun (yes Cameron, I'm talking to you) and protect Joe.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Don't forget Heath. He's been money the past few games. I don't think anyone can cover Heath unless you put Reed on him. I doubt you'd put Suggs and Pollard would get abused.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw one report say the neither would play & and I saw a report that both would play. I'm hoping that they aren't able to go, but I know these guys will do anything they can to get on the field for this game. I know it sounds dirty, but if they do go we need to attack their injuries early and try to get them out of the game. Not like diving at their knees or anything, but really test the strength of their healing. Its a dick move but tactically would be strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote