Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-13-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two missed FG's and Reed's two fumbles inside our own 20 were devastating. Cam deserves a lot of blame for sure too but special teams killed us today.

I don't like injuries but Leon Hall tore his Achilles. Couldn't come at a better time with us playing them next week. This is an absolute must win.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Ray Rice: 5 carries (27 yards)
Joe Flacco: 52 pass attempts

what. the. ****.
These two figures alone are ridiculous, didn't get to watch the game, but I can tell this along with I guess some special teams errors spells a loss to us.

We essentially lost any ground we gained over the Steelers (other than head to head)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice averaged 5.4 ypc and he still got it 5 times. WTF Seriously Reed will end up retiring without a ring because of Cam and because Harbaugh is scared too put him in his place because they are friends. I will never get over Reed retiring w/o a ring and Ward retiring with more rings then Ray because Harbaugh values friendship over rings.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched the Ravens with interest the past few years, I'm a Panther fan but I've always admired the Ravens defense and am a huge Ray Rice fan going back to his college days at Rutgers.

I have to he honest, I don't understand what offensive philosophy Cam is going for is. I don't understand how you have Ray Rice and he touches the ball a total of 14 times (5 rushes, 8 catches, 1 pass attempt). Especially 5 rushing attempts when he's averaging 5.4 ypc.

I understand that you guys were playing from behind pretty much the entire game, but the lead was never more than 15 I believe...and that was early in the 3rd quarter. Seems a tad early to just totally abandon the running game IMO.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
I've watched the Ravens with interest the past few years, I'm a Panther fan but I've always admired the Ravens defense and am a huge Ray Rice fan going back to his college days at Rutgers.

I have to he honest, I don't understand what offensive philosophy Cam is going for is. I don't understand how you have Ray Rice and he touches the ball a total of 14 times (5 rushes, 8 catches, 1 pass attempt). Especially 5 rushing attempts when he's averaging 5.4 ypc.

I understand that you guys were playing from behind pretty much the entire game, but the lead was never more than 15 I believe...and that was early in the 3rd quarter. Seems a tad early to just totally abandon the running game IMO.
Your not wrong.

We often find ourselves asking similar questions. The sad thing is that I could see this team being great with a better coaching staff. Not that it isn't great now, but I feel it could be better.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing that ticks me off is why isnt Tandon Doss seing the field? Joe Flacco called him his favorite mid round WR prospect. Its not like LaQuan Williams is tearing it up as the #3 WR. Put Doss in see if he has chemistry with Flacco.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post

Hmm... there are only so many Panthers fans in Bay City. :D

Yes, Cameron is terrible. What was seen yesterday is about what to expect from him these days. His gameplans have no balance, when he wants to run he calls it for a few series in a row and then goes back to the air for a few series. I'm done criticizing him, it's become far too obvious at this point.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I feel that BB's midseason write up about coaches and their schemes hit Cameron right on the head.

Some of these OC's are so full of themselves and their schemes that they are unwilling to stray from it, even when it's not working or a situation calls for a different scheme.

An "infallible scheme" is not the mark of a good coach, good coaching is about being ready for anything and being able to adjust on the fly to what the other team is giving you, all while keeping the other team on their toes (i.e. not falling into a one dimensional game plan).

One of the most important parts of a coaches job come game day is half time adjustments. If your getting your teeth kicked in at the half its time to abandon the system.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Do you guys think we should cut Reed? Some people are calling for his head but I dont think so. Last season he was the best KR in football, and so far this season he had the 3rd best average out of all KR with 10+ kick returns. I like how he runs with wreckless abandon on kickoffs, its just he needs to work on ball security. Plus I like him as a project as a slot WR.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Do you guys think we should cut Reed? Some people are calling for his head but I dont think so. Last season he was the best KR in football, and so far this season he had the 3rd best average out of all KR with 10+ kick returns. I like how he runs with wreckless abandon on kickoffs, its just he needs to work on ball security. Plus I like him as a project as a slot WR.
Cam is the only one I'd like to see go.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The unfortanete thing is Harbs said at the press conference today "with the front they had we couldnt run the ball" So chances are Cam will still run amok in ******* the offense up.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The unfortanete thing is Harbs said at the press conference today "with the front they had we couldnt run the ball" So chances are Cam will still run amok in ******* the offense up.
Man Harbs is such a dumbass.

He needs to call his brother and ask him how to run an NFL team.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I didn't get to see the game, so I can't exactly comment on this, but my gut instinct is that this is just an excuse. It seems as though Rice was getting the ypc to keep the run game as an option.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Seriously IDK what Harbs has done that is so impressive since 2008 why do ppl stick up for him. Yea he made the playoffs in 2009 and 2010 but we completly **** the bed then. Look up and down our roster a lot of coaches can get this team to the playoffs. The only time we ever overachieved since 2008 was against the steelers this year which is good but we still might not win the division because of 3 giant **** ups against teams that we are way more talented too.

Not to mention his obvious favoritism of many players, and blindlessly sticking up for the 2 worst coordinators in the NFL because he worked under them 15-20 years ago.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Man Harbs is such a dumbass.

He needs to call his brother and ask him how to run an NFL team.
Man dont get me started on day dreaming if we had his brother as the HC. ESPN would be blowing a load talking about how it looks like the Ravens and Packers may meet at the superbowl both being 18-0. We would be undefeated now with his brother.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cam does move on after this year, who is a viable candidate for OC?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
If Cam does move on after this year, who is a viable candidate for OC?
It would have to be somebody from outsde the organization. I'm not too familiar with many of the possible candidates but Norv Turner always seems to be a popular option (if he gets fired of course). I don't think we will bring Zorn back but he's somebody that gets mentioned as well. I pray we stay away from Childress. His offense is mind-numbingly simplistic and I don't think he would be much better than Cameron.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ that's a real good question. It's not like there is a wealth of great OC out there to choose from. I honestly want a guy who can simplify things (edit: not Childress simple though.) I think the lack of quality replacements is a reason why Cam is still here.

I'm still a supporter of Harbaugh but I would trade him for Jim Harbaugh in a second. I just love the way he coaches his teams and the mentality they play with. I wish he would have stayed at Stanford forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

I still to this day don't understand the Harbaugh signing.

What was the conversation between Steve and Ozzie like?
"Hey Steve, lets go hire a special teams coach who has absolutely no experience on offense or defense".

Where was brother Jim at the time of the hiring?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim was still just starting to build up Stanford. I'm not going to tear down John Harbaugh. We've been overall very successful so far with him. I would still rather have him than Jason Garrett. Having Rex would be interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I would have liked Rex, maybe without the mouth though

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the players would have LOVED Rex as well, but I think all this Harbaugh criticism is a little uncalled for. Sure, he has made some questionable decisions, but how many coaches haven't?? The guy is 38-19 in his career here and we are still a 6-3 football team right now with every opportunity to reclaim the AFC North next week and get back into the drivers seat.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Yeah the players would have LOVED Rex as well, but I think all this Harbaugh criticism is a little uncalled for. Sure, he has made some questionable decisions, but how many coaches haven't?? The guy is 38-19 in his career here and we are still a 6-3 football team right now with every opportunity to reclaim the AFC North next week and get back into the drivers seat.
I'm not calling for his job, I just often wonder how things would have gone if we had Rex

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

To the previous poster who said how did we hire Harbaugh. Schefter said this before the Ravens Jets game.

Apparently Biscotti wanted a young guy who can come in and turn it around just like Tomlin. Well Biscotti felt Harbs was the guy and he felt he could mend the team together better then Ryan.

This makes sense in theory but its obvious IMO Ryan>>>>Harb. I think what sold it was Ed Reed slobbing all over Ryans dick in that ESPN interview saying things like "WE all wanted Rex as our HC, WE all would run through a wall for him because he would do it for us." Only to claim a week after that interview he said Harbs is a good coach ESPN just cut that line out.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...er-room-speech

I remember reading that a while ago and I figured I would bring it up.

The DC is giving the pre game speech instead of the HC Harbaugh for the biggest game of the season(we wouldnt have made the playoffs if we lost.)

I cant believe that. Bart SCott was right Rex Ryan really did run this team in 2008.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 11-15-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote