Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing Webb has been very good at, both in the past and this season, is blitzing off the edge or through a gap. He seems to be the CB sent the most, and he's had 2 half sacks this year, and a couple of pressures. I like when we bring him off the edge.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
One thing Webb has been very good at, both in the past and this season, is blitzing off the edge or through a gap. He seems to be the CB sent the most, and he's had 2 half sacks this year, and a couple of pressures. I like when we bring him off the edge.
Yea I notice him blitzing a lot from the slot, which is why I would be reluctant to move him out of it.

I go back and forth, I think he could be a serviceable #2 guy in coverage, however I think he is a pro-bowler out of the nickel.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yeah that's kind of what I had in mind when I brought up Poe's name.
Saw your new sig in another thread Tack and just had to say that I'm jealous :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 03:12 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns, Colts, Chargers, Browns and Bengals to finish off the season. There's no reason why we shouldn't go 13-3 and hopefully lock up the #1 seed in the AFC. I know we lost against some very beatable teams early but 3 are division games down the stretch, the Colts are well...the Colts so that just leaves the Chargers who we just need to go out and play a solid game against.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-29-2011 at 07:09 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Browns, Colts, Chargers, Browns and Bengals to finish off the season. There's no reason why we shouldn't go 13-3 and hopefully lock up the #1 seed in the AFC. I know we lost against some very beatable teams early but 3 are division games down the stretch, the Colts are well...the Colts so that just leaves the Chargers who we just need to go out and play a solid game against.
Would we have the tie-breaker if NE also wins out from here?
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Would we have the tie-breaker if NE also wins out from here?
Yes sir :) IIRC on mutual opponents or something of the like. I know we have it, can't remember if it's that or not

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but if there is a 3 way tie with us, Houston and New England, apparently our head-to-head tie breaker w/ Houston doesn't apply because neither team has played New England. Luckily, that shouldn't happen with Houston down to there 3rd string QB but its something to look out for.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you go with common opponents, there has to be a minimum of four which we have - Jets, Steelers, Colts, Jags. We beat the Steelers who they lost too and I'm going to assume that they're going to beat the Jags. So still, I don't know....
Old 11-29-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, best thing we can do for ourselves is win the next 5 games. @San Diego and @Cincy will be tough.

I know everyone's saying Cleveland is another game we will lose but I'm not too worried about them, Flacco's 6-0 vs. them and if our defense puts up any close of a performance they did vs. San Fran, we'll be fine. Plus, they've had an extended week to prepare.

Also, Jared Gaither was released today... shame, he was 1 hell of a talent, I wonder if we will ever find out what EXACTLY happened in Baltimore to derail his promising career.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If you go with common opponents, there has to be a minimum of four which we have - Jets, Steelers, Colts, Jags. We beat the Steelers who they lost too and I'm going to assume that they're going to beat the Jags. So still, I don't know....
Hmmm I don't know what it is then... I do remember them saying on ESPN that we had the tiebreaker on them as well as Houston

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK what the tie breaker rules are but playing around with that ESPN playoff thing say HOuston losses a game and both us and NE finish 13-3 it says we would have the #1 seed.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, we should all be rooting for the teams that play against New England, Pitt and Houston.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis likely out again vs. Cleveland. The Defense has stepped up without him but I'd feel a heck of a lot better with him back in the lineup.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would too but I want another shot to see if we should keep McClain around as a starter if Ray decides to hang them up. Im real nervous turf toe ended JO and Primetimes career. I hope it doesnt end Ray,
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I mean he was a game time decision against the 49'ers which means he could have gone but it was decided it was in his best interest to rest it, now they are calling it this early in the week?

Might just not be really concerned about the Browns and are giving him extra time off, the more rest he can get the less likely this injury will have more long term consequences.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I heard JO say in an interview, that rushing back is about the worst thing you can do when you have a turf toe.

I say rest him as long as possible.

We don't really need him until the post-season.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah it probably is best to let him rest. Even w/o Ray if we lose I will flip. Harbs doesnt want to do anything with the D or O, at least get the team to show up against a crap team.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I think without Ray, the defense, and the offense to a little, feels the pressure not to fail, so maybe that's the motivation the team needs. Ray does so much for the team, they don't want to let him down.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else love that special episode of Sound FX from the 9ers game?

I think that Leach is great professional to have around Ray Rice. Many time he helped Rice to understand what should have happened and he helped Ray stay focus too. Vonta was such a huge improvement over McClain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I love Leach as much as anyone.

BTW it looks like Lewis is out VS. Browns. Its good to rest him. Plus I like the idea of McClain getting reps as the main guy at MLB. There is a possibility that Johnson,Lewis and Reed all wont be here next year(I think NYJ will give JJ virtually a blank check and the other guys retire.) So there goes our 3 smartest defenders. McCLain has progressed this year and I liked what I saw from him at MLB during the SF game. I think he can be the starting MLB when Ray leaves.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah you make a good point, JJ will definitely be a Jet, him and Rex are like father and son.

Ray might retire but why did you mention Reed? is his contract up or do you think he will retire as well?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Im nervous he will retire too with that neck injury. Worst case scenario regards to retirements and FA the D looks like this.

DE-Ngata
NT-Cody
DE-Jones/McPhee
OLB-Kruger
MLB-McCLain
MLB-draft pick
OLB-Suggs
CB-Smith
CB-Webb
FS-Zbi
SS-Pollard

Still not a bad D.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Im nervous he will retire too with that neck injury. Worst case scenario regards to retirements and FA the D looks like this.

DE-Ngata
NT-Cody
DE-Jones/McPhee
OLB-Kruger
MLB-McCLain
MLB-draft pick
OLB-Suggs
CB-Smith
CB-Webb
FS-Zbi
SS-Pollard

Still not a bad D.
If we win the SB we may see Lewis retire.

I don't know about Reed, I think he will play as long as he can without having to have surgery and then retire. Might only be this year and next, could be this year, could be 4 years; just can't tell.

Whatever happens, I really really think we need to get another impact player on D, then again this might just be my spoiled side talking. Can't imagine our D not being lights out, but you never know... if Cam is still the OC and we don't exactly have the MOST D minded coach... we could see this team stray from traditional values

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Smith can be an impact player, I loved Kindle out of college but who knows his deal at this point. I agree I wont complain with best D player and let it all work out
Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I like Smith and he definitely has the skills to be a lock down corner. I'm still not sure how I feel about Webb, I think he could be a serviceable #2, I just think that if we could bring in someone to fill the #2 slot he would be one of the best nickel corners in the league, this might make up for not having Reed back there.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: