Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, that's why this game has got me all nervous. Ever since the schedule was released, I've had this game down as a L.

I'm hoping otherwise the Chargers always play well in December, Rivers hasn't thrown a pick in a while, there receiving corp is gigantic and there D is nothing like Indy or Cleveland.

However, we should shut down Matthews/Tolbert and there o-line is really somewhat patched up so we should make a game out of this, still don't feel to good about this one :(
Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:D
Old 12-16-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, the Chargers don't scare me too much. At the start of the season I pegged San Diego to be one of the toughest on our weak schedule, but again its a weak schedule. The Chargers haven't shown me any reason to fear them this season, sure they have Philip Rivers and his Space Jam monsters out there running routes against our temporarily weakened secondary, but this is where we pin our ears back and let our guys upfront do what they do best. On offense we just have to keep feeding them helpings of Rice, keep Flacco upright and we win.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found a stat in this quite interesting:

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...r-of-the-year/

We all know that T-sizzle is an all around great player but and interesting stat other than his 13 sacks this season

Quote:
When opponents have run behind the left tackle this year, they've averaged just 2.25 yards per carry this year
Throw in the 13 sacks 2 int 6 FF and 58 Tackles and you have probably the most dominant all around player in the league.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McKinney is getting abused by Barnes while Gaither is shutting down Suggs SMFH.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well... this ******* sucks

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, my pregame post is just full of fail.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously how do just not show up with so much up for grabs
Old 12-19-2011, 01:55 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on to the next one.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

9'ers need to come up big for us. Hopefully Harbs was able to help his brother.

Also it's official that we need to fire Cam. We were all praising him the other day and he really proved us wrong...

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but this one is on the D. They let the Chargers score on 5 straight drives. Pagano never seemed to realize that he needed to jam the receivers at the line instead of playing with a 12 yard cushion in man coverage. Rivers got the ball out quickly so the blitz never got to them and their wideouts were running anything they wanted and were open early.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm sorry but this one is on the D. They let the Chargers score on 5 straight drives. Pagano never seemed to realize that he needed to jam the receivers at the line instead of playing with a 12 yard cushion in man coverage. Rivers got the ball out quickly so the blitz never got to them and their wideouts were running anything they wanted and were open early.
I agree that the defense was a let down, but Rice only had 10 carries on the game again.

Our D isn't built to be on the field so much. Part of it was their own doing but another part in my mind was the lack of sustained drives by the offense.

We were fine early but after going down 7-10 in the 2nd, we essentially abandoned the run and as a result our drives became shorter and shorter. We got beat in TOP by almost 10 minutes.

Rice again was averaging 5.7 ypc and you can't abandon the run because you go down by 3 points in the middle of the game

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I don't know if it's a scheme thing, a coaching thing or a Jimmy Smith thing, but when we're in man, I'd really like to see Jimmy press more. His press skills with his size and his physicality is by far his biggest strength. He's been playing mostly off but he's just not finesse enough at this point to have an edge vs. big time receivers.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't know if it's a scheme thing, a coaching thing or a Jimmy Smith thing, but when we're in man, I'd really like to see Jimmy press more. His press skills with his size and his physicality is by far his biggest strength. He's been playing mostly off but he's just not finesse enough at this point to have an edge vs. big time receivers.
Yea I mean IIRC he is our biggest corner, would like to see him getting in the opposing team's big target's face.

I love his physicality but it seems to be underused here

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I'll take that #2 seed in the playoffs.

Still get a bye in the first round and home field for the 2nd week.

TBH I almost feel like it's having the #1 seed. I really don't see the Pats doing well in the playoffs with that D, I wouldn't doubt we could beat them at Gillette; and thats if they even make it to the championship game, might get home field throughout anyway

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 05:15 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, thank god Pittsburgh lost last night. I was 1 happy camper when I woke up today and saw the score. That puts us right back at #1 in the AFC North, now all we gatta do is beat Cleveland at our house then go on the road and play Cincy.

Only one of those games worries me and that the Bengals. Especially if there still alive for the playoffs week 16.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys. Good to see some of the older guys still posting along with some new faces.

What a year its been for the Black and Purple. Our 4 losses have been ugly, while we have looked like we can play against anybody in this league. Honestly, I feel like right now we can beat ANYBODY and we can lose to ANYBODY. Thanks to the little bro who helped us out big time.

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still a little worried about Cincy. They'll likely be playing for a wildcard, while we will inevitably be a little shaky on the road. The Steelers gave us a huge early Christmas present losing to SF. We can't let the #2 seed escape again.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm still a little worried about Cincy. They'll likely be playing for a wildcard, while we will inevitably be a little shaky on the road. The Steelers gave us a huge early Christmas present losing to SF. We can't let the #2 seed escape again.
We need Cam to pull his damn head out of his ass

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm worried about the last game of the season too. They should get Green back for this game as well, that's not a pleasant thought.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, but hopefully we'll have Webb back. I'm really not feeling good about that game, but that will arguably be the game that earns us our 1st round bye so expect everyone to be playing harder than normal.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
Hey guys. Good to see some of the older guys still posting along with some new faces.

What a year its been for the Black and Purple. Our 4 losses have been ugly, while we have looked like we can play against anybody in this league. Honestly, I feel like right now we can beat ANYBODY and we can lose to ANYBODY. Thanks to the little bro who helped us out big time.
Blast from the past, welcome back my friend. It's been a long time since we saw one of the site's premier sig makers posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, but hopefully we'll have Webb back. I'm really not feeling good about that game, but that will arguably be the game that earns us our 1st round bye so expect everyone to be playing harder than normal.
I don't think Webb can cover Green. Our best bet is Smith, but with the showing he had last week who knows now.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all fairness, last week wasn't entirely on Jimmy. He did play poorly, but asking him to cover those huge receivers in off coverage instead of press, especially when we were blitzing so heavily, was just moronic. If you're going to play a rookie that consistently, you have to learn to give him an edge. If you're going to blitz, let him play press on the line like he did at Colorado and trust the blitz to get there if he gets beat deep. Instead, we kept giving them 10 yard completions underneath because the blitz couldn't get there before Rivers unloaded the ball. Frustrating to watch, and it's troubling to think how many intermediate routes the Pats run in their system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah that's true. He hasn't struggled at all really when he's be asked to press this year and it's a shame that we changed up our tactics Sunday night. I can see why Pagano wanted to do it since San Diego might be the best deep-threat team in the league but he should have adapted after it wasn't working. That and our pass-rush put up an awful showing against a poor offensive line.

Speaking of poor offensive line, Barnes was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week. Just go away McKinnie.