Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Undoubtedly. I'd rather face Houston than Pittsburgh. Actually I'd rather face Denver than anybody but I don't have much hope that they will beat Pittsburgh.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Undoubtedly. I'd rather face Houston than Pittsburgh. Actually I'd rather face Denver than anybody but I don't have much hope that they will beat Pittsburgh.
I think we're all Texans fans this week. :D
Old 01-02-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know tac has said it already, but facing Pitt is pretty much an inevitability in these playoffs.

I don't see how they lose to Denver or the Pats.

I would love to go Houston and Pats to the superbowl but that's about as easy as it could get and there is just no way.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Unfortunately the only way that happens is if both Denver and Cincy win and I dont see that happening, so go Texans!

Ideally they win and something happens to TJ Yates so they have to play Delhomme
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Tebow! Ill get to cheer for some Tebow magic for the first time, and if somehow Tebow and company can pull out the win ill be a fan.... For that moment then its back to **** em.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Come on Tebow! Ill get to cheer for some Tebow magic for the first time, and if somehow Tebow and company can pull out the win ill be a fan.... For that moment then its back to **** em.
We play down to bad competition and while I feel we would win, I would be worried about facing the Tebows

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd23 View Post
Unfortunately the only way that happens is if both Denver and Cincy win and I dont see that happening, so go Texans!

Ideally they win and something happens to TJ Yates so they have to play Delhomme
I think the Bengals have a pretty good chance of beating the Broncos, I would be surprised if either AFC home team won this weekend.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think the Bengals have a pretty good chance of beating the Broncos, I would be surprised if either AFC home team won this weekend.
I assume you meant Texans, and so do I, but I can hope.

Their Week 14 game in Cincy was decided by a point after a last second TD by TJ Yates so the Bengals have shown they have what it takes to potentially win.

The Bengals winning means that we'll likely play the Steelers in the divisional round, which means a let down in the AFCCG after we beat the Steelers again. That is something I dont want to have to go through
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd23 View Post
I assume you meant Texans, and so do I, but I can hope.

Their Week 14 game in Cincy was decided by a point after a last second TD by TJ Yates so the Bengals have shown they have what it takes to potentially win.

The Bengals winning means that we'll likely play the Steelers in the divisional round, which means a let down in the AFCCG after we beat the Steelers again. That is something I dont want to have to go through
Yeah that's what I meant lol. I'm expecting to play the Steelers in the 2nd round, but I agree with the "I can hope" mantra. :)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
We play down to bad competition and while I feel we would win, I would be worried about facing the Tebows
We play down to our competition in the regular season, but I would hope the win or go home nature of the playoffs would fix that. Our losses to bad teams were in a large part due to Cam getting cute thinking that he can use bad teams as a real game scenario extra practice.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
We play down to our competition in the regular season, but I would hope the win or go home nature of the playoffs would fix that. Our losses to bad teams were in a large part due to Cam getting cute thinking that he can use bad teams as a real game scenario extra practice.
Don't underestimate Cam's ability to **** **** up

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-eric-decosta/

those bastards! i guess it was only a matter of time before he branched out and became the main man somewhere. hopefully he stays for a little while longer.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-eric-decosta/

those bastards! i guess it was only a matter of time before he branched out and became the main man somewhere. hopefully he stays for a little while longer.
This would be unfortunate... :(

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hasnt every team asked to interview Decosta for the GM role the past couple years? It would suck if he left but I am not freaking out. But it would suck if the colts got Decosta. They took our first team, they better not take the prodigy
Old 01-04-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
hasnt every team asked to interview Decosta for the GM role the past couple years? It would suck if he left but I am not freaking out. But it would suck if the colts got Decosta. They took our first team, they better not take the prodigy
Yea I mean I am not really worried about him leaving this team at this time for a team like the Rams who are in such constant flux. Especially since it isn't like he hasn't had his hand in on decision making; as the article points out... he essentially drafted Suggs.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea we all know Ozzie is out in like 5 years, or wherever he can get a legit job at Alabama. Decosta knows he will be given the job immediately. He has young kids and is still in his early 40s, hopefully he is tempted to start and finish his career here.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, according to the Sun, DeCosta is payed handsomely for his job here in Baltimore, his family is well entrenched in the community, (wife grew up here) and he has a very good relationship with Steve Bisciotti. He knows he's the GM in waiting, the only question is, how long will he have to wait?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Suggs just cracks me up

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...terrell_suggs/
Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
@RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
Ozzie Newsome on Eric DeCosta: "He has chosen to stay with the Ravens, and we're excited that he will."
Not unexpected but still reassuring.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Pouncey is now out for the Steelers this weekend. Just one more factor.

I can't help but get excited that we might have an easy road to the playoffs...

Also it is good news about DeCosta

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-06-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I still think there D shuts Tebow down and i think their running game is good enough to get some points on the board. I still think Denver wins.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Denver will surprise a lot of people ONLY if there defense plays up to there capability. With Von Miller hurt and Dawkins out it will be tough but there is still a possibility.

Pittsburgh has struggled with many weaker opponents this year and kept games close, and we all know what Tebow can do when the game is close in the 4th quarter.

but all this is irrelevant if Houston doesn't win.

I still think about best case scenario is if Houston wins, then Pittsburgh wins. I'd much rather Pittsburgh vs. New England rather than Denver.

However, if Cincinnati wins, we should be rooting for Denver.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-baltimore/

Quote:
Peter King of Sports Illustrated and Football Night In America reported during our halftime pop on the U.S Army All-American Bowl that DeCosta is prevented from leaving, in exchange for a new deal that, per King, will pay DeCosta G.M. money.

So, basically, any team looking for a new G.M. in the foreseeable future can pull one name out of the “D” file.
Good, I'm glad to have DeCosta locked up until Ozzie retires. At least Bisciotti isn't afraid to spend to keep people around. :D
Old 01-07-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, it all starts from up top. Good teams like the Patriots and Steelers have excellent management from guys like the Rooneys and Krafts. The Ravens are definitely one of the better managed teams in the leauge.

This is a great move by Bisciotti. DeCosta has learned a ton from Newsome and locking him in as his replacement is a great move.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move to keep him here. Money shouldn't be an issue keeping him around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote