Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...imself-a-raise

Am I crazy or am I not the only one who feels like the Ravens should actually do this in reverse order?

Quote:
while they have other pressing needs with current contracts running out on RB Ray Rice, guard Ben Grubbs and shortly with DT Haloti Ngata, Flacco's name must be at the top of this list on getting something done during this off season.
I mean I have defended Flacco all season. He isn't going to be a Brady or Rogers or even an Eli or Stafford, but he is what we need in a QB, a guy who can go deep off PA and stretch the field/convert with the pass when needed.

However, it seems like they are talking about giving him a huge deal; one that might be preventative of us resigning a Grubbs lets say (I think they will FIND a way to sign Rice and Ngata... or at least they ******* better).

I would give him a middle tier contract with maybe some incentives/an option if he produces more than expected

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It just seems like QB's are getting ridiculous contracts these days just for being multiyear starters (Fitzpatrick). Flacco's rookie deal was 5 years 30 million, so I'm sure he'll look for a bigger contract. I think Joe's self-valuation is much different than Ozzie's and the rest of the team. He'll probably want a 6 year/$60 million deal, but I wouldn't give him more than a 5 year extension for $40 million.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

LOL @ a 5 year 40 mil contract.

Kevin Kolb got a 6 year 65 mil contract, and he isn't half the QB Flacco is.

I think he will be looking for somewhere around 6 years 70 mill. I think ultimately we end up paying him around 68-70 (6 years). QB's are just too valuable.

I honestly don't think its a bad deal for us either. With a competent OC, I could see Flacco consistently putting up 25 + TD years, so we might as well pay him right now with Cam dropping his stock, instead of letting him raise it with a better offense around him.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post

I think he will be looking for somewhere around 6 years 70 mill. I think ultimately we end up paying him around 68-70 (6 years). QB's are just too valuable.

I honestly don't think its a bad deal for us either. With a competent OC, I could see Flacco consistently putting up 25 + TD years, so we might as well pay him right now with Cam dropping his stock, instead of letting him raise it with a better offense around him.
I might want to wait a year and see if Ray/Reed retire which would open up serious cap space...

Also Chucky P is gone guys :( this sucks

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in the other thread, I'd rather just promote from within once again. We do a really good job at developing our coaches. Roy Anderson is young but I know they like him a lot and he might be the logical fit. He's been around since 08 as a coach but was a personnel guy with us before that. He worked with Pagano as the DB's coach and than took over the DB's and became Pagano's defensive assistant when he was promoted. I don't know too much else about him but he may be the guy.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys had to define him, is Chuck Pagano a 43 coach or 34? Or was he just keeping the well oiled machine running smoothly and not sure what he'll bring to the Colts?

*thanks guys

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-25-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Pagano leaving really sucks.

And the $40 million contract is what I believe Flacco is worth, not what he'll get. I wouldn't have ever made the trade for Kevin Kolb. Every Eagles fan knew he sucked. I'm not a Flacco fan either. I think very average quarterbacks are getting obscene deals now a days. Just think, why would your highest paid guy be one of the least trusted and most polarizing figures on the team?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
If you guys had to define him, is Chuck Pagano a 43 coach or 34? Or was he just keeping the well oiled machine running smoothly and not sure what he'll bring to the Colts?
I would say that he was keeping the machine running smoothly and I don't think he has a specific preference as he's run both. I would say his defining feature as a coordinator was how aggressive he was and how well the defense got after the quarterback. Not quite Rex but close.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's neither. His style defines him and that's aggressive and versatile.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I guess Clarence Brooks (DL) and Dan Peas (LB) are two names that have immediately come up as possible replacements.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldn't mind going after Jack Del Rio.

But, boy this really does suck. Terrible way to start the off-season. He will be sorely missed.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not nervous this has happened a lot I am sure we will bring someone in house and be just fine.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

As long as Ray is still here they will play Ravens defense.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope that the new DC says aggressive and isn't soft like Mattison. We had 21 more sacks this past year mainly because of a better DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I just hope that the new DC says aggressive and isn't soft like Mattison. We had 21 more sacks this past year mainly because of a better DC.
Better hope it's not Pees then. He's pretty much the same type of coordinator that Mattison was.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Dan Peas is really well respected around the NFL, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we promote him. It's a damn shame Mike Nolan signed with the Falcons, I would have loved to bring him back as our DC. Man is a defensive genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woulda loved Nolan, but I'm pulling for Clarence Brooks, the guy looks insane and I feel like he would call plays that way as well lol.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I'd rather have Brooks be promoted. He's been with the team for a long time and based on NE's defense under Pees, would be more aggressive.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

*thanks guys
He coached a 4-3 Over during his one year as a college DC.

I agree with the others that it is his aggressiveness that defines him, not a particular scheme
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post

I think he will be looking for somewhere around 6 years 70 mill. I think ultimately we end up paying him around 68-70 (6 years). QB's are just too valuable
Based on his production so far, he is only worth about $8m/yr though. He certainly isnt worth 6yrs, 70m and we shouldn't be basing our contract negotiations on the stupidity of other organisations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I might want to wait a year and see if Ray/Reed retire which would open up serious cap space...
You can always structure a contract so that the big money doesnt kick in for a few years yet (with roster bonuses, option bonuses etc)
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd23 View Post
You can always structure a contract so that the big money doesnt kick in for a few years yet (with roster bonuses, option bonuses etc)
This is true... I always fear these types of deals though as this is how you get stuck between taking a huge salary hit should you cut a bum player or having him ride your bench for big money in the event that he tanks or something happens.

Furthermore I am really of the opinion of not really wanting to pay him a **** ton of money as I really don't think his production warrants it.

I am not saying I think we should get rid of him, and I've defended him many a time. I just don't like the idea of overpaying him and not being able to sign others.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

It looks like Dean Pees is the front runner right now.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any word on who Pagano will drag over to Indy? I wonder who his offensive staff would be we already fired all of our noteable position coaches as scapegoats for Cams crap
Old 01-25-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
any word on who Pagano will drag over to Indy? I wonder who his offensive staff would be we already fired all of our noteable position coaches as scapegoats for Cams crap
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost JJ to the Colts. Pagano will want someone who knows the scheme.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Fdmstng99
Rookie

Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Would be nice to see Pagano take Cam with him, but I doubt it.
Fdmstng99 is offline   Reply With Quote