Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-06-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, after seeing what Eli can do, I honestly believe Flacco can get us to the Super Bowl, he'll he sure as hell wasn't the problem this year (Lee Evans, Billy Cundiff)

However, no matter how much we all hate Cameron, I think Dean Pees will overtake that role next year. I made a mistake in thinking he would be a decent coordinator. The things I've read from NE fans just make me CRINGE. HE IS GREG MATTISON V2!!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, after seeing what Eli can do, I honestly believe Flacco can get us to the Super Bowl, he'll he sure as hell wasn't the problem this year (Lee Evans, Billy Cundiff)

However, no matter how much we all hate Cameron, I think Dean Pees will overtake that role next year. I made a mistake in thinking he would be a decent coordinator. The things I've read from NE fans just make me CRINGE. HE IS GREG MATTISON V2!!
Nobody can beat Cam Cameron.

Nobody.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KFFL reported Ricky Williams was going to retire. Does anyone know where that came from or if it's true?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-from-football

It's true. Still don't want to spend one of our top 3 picks on a RB. I just don't think we would use him enough to justify the cost.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks to see Ricky retire but I guess he was just ready to retire. No need to spend a top pick on a RB. I think we probably just pick up a solid vet in FA and/or try what we already have. I would love Hillis but I know the value won't be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-from-football

It's true. Still don't want to spend one of our top 3 picks on a RB. I just don't think we would use him enough to justify the cost.
Agreed. I think spending a top 100 pick on a back means you intend him to be your #1 guy and we already have one of those.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I'd say pick up a vet or just promote Anthony Allen. I love the way he runs.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Fdmstng99
Rookie

Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love to see Tolbert sign here if the Ravens don't think that Allen is ready. Tolbert can catch and be that guy on third or fourth and short that we had trouble converting all season.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdmstng99 View Post
Would love to see Tolbert sign here if the Ravens don't think that Allen is ready. Tolbert can catch and be that guy on third or fourth and short that we had trouble converting all season.
I'd love to pick up Tolbert. It all depends on the cost though.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'd love to pick up Tolbert. It all depends on the cost though.
I would love it, don't know if it happens though :(

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No need to spend a ton of cash on a situational backup runningback.
Thats what the drafts for..
After an impact passrusher #1
and a future replacement for Ray Lewis #2
I see RB being a 3rd/4th round need, still a ton of talent available.
1) Courtney Upshaw
2) Luke Kuechly
3) LaMichael James
- that first 3 rounds would make me vomit up glittery rainbows and doves
Old 02-09-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuechly probably won't fall to our pick at 29 much less the bottom of the 2nd. It would be pretty hopeful to think the other two are available at our pick too in my opinion.

I'm not sure if we're going to be targeting an impact pass-rusher though. Maybe if we change our scheme up a bit. Perhaps we don't rush from the SLB spot because Johnson can't really do it, who knows. It doesn't really matter with Upshaw because he would fit either way. I don't think Upshaw will be a great pass-rusher in the NFL but more so than Johnson and he'd be able to replace everything else he did as well.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only one of those picks that is remotely reasonable is James in the third, and I wouldn't like the pick anyways. That's an awful, awful prediction. Upshaw and Kuechly are both going Top 20, guaranteed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

My dream draft goes as follows

1. Zach Brown/Taze (I'm actually starting to prefer Brown oddly enough)
2. Amini Silatolu
3. Jared Crick/Phillip Blake

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What will the O Line look like next year. 2 HUGE concerns.
1) Starting C Matt Birk likely to retire, if maybe 1 more season left.
2) LT Bryant McKinnie isn't a long term fix at all.
- Mike Adams LT
- Peter Konz C
- Jonathan Martin LT
3 big name offensive lineman that are most likely to be available once the Ravens are on the clock. Any of the 3 would be an instant starter.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
What will the O Line look like next year. 2 HUGE concerns.
1) Starting C Matt Birk likely to retire, if maybe 1 more season left.
2) LT Bryant McKinnie isn't a long term fix at all.
- Mike Adams LT
- Peter Konz C
- Jonathan Martin LT
3 big name offensive lineman that are most likely to be available once the Ravens are on the clock. Any of the 3 would be an instant starter.
Mike Adams will be long gone at this point and I hate Martin as a prospect.

Konz may be there and he certainly should get consideration, but I would rather address the ILB position with that pick if at all possible. WR is another possibility in round one.

Meanwhile, we can move Gurode to C for next season and pick up a G in round 2-3

LT probably doesn't get addressed this year unfortunately.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see who is around but I'd be real happy if any of those 3 are still around at our pick. Adams has been gaining a lot of momentum so he will likely be gone. I still really like Martin and think that he has all the tools to be a good LT and his fall has been overrated. I like that Konz can come in an maybe play that LG spot for a year if Birk stays on for another year. It's not a given that Birk or Gurode will be back.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-14-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Ravens set to open contract extension talks with Joe Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, at combine next week. Both sides aim for long-term deal
I have faith that our front office won't go overboard with this.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I have faith that our front office won't go overboard with this.
I don't. Franchise QB's get paid. I fully expect Flacco to make about 9-10 million dollars per year in his new contract, a figure that will probably prevent us from retaining Ben Grubbs, who is a much better player then Flacco. Unfortunately, the NFL is a QB's world, and with Ray Rice and Ladarius Webb also needing new contracts, it looks like we're SoL as far as the offensive line is concerned.

I have so little faith in Flacco and the FO for the coming season. Do you guys really believe that 20 TDs, 3600 yards and an 80.9 QB rating from a 4th year QB is worth 10 mill a season? I'm not sure I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I don't. Franchise QB's get paid. I fully expect Flacco to make about 9-10 million dollars per year in his new contract, a figure that will probably prevent us from retaining Ben Grubbs, who is a much better player then Flacco. Unfortunately, the NFL is a QB's world, and with Ray Rice and Ladarius Webb also needing new contracts, it looks like we're SoL as far as the offensive line is concerned.

I have so little faith in Flacco and the FO for the coming season. Do you guys really believe that 20 TDs, 3600 yards and an 80.9 QB rating from a 4th year QB is worth 10 mill a season? I'm not sure I do.
Well yeah, that's the nature of today's NFL. I wouldn't consider that going overboard in the slightest. Flacco getting an extension shouldn't affect whether or not we're able to retain Grubbs, it wouldn't affect our cap until next offseason since Flacco still has 1 year left on his contract. Webb getting an offer from another team would be troublesome though.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I honestly don't think that Grubbs will be back at all. We have Rice, Flacco, and Webb that need a new contract. Grubbs will get his money but it won't be from us. Bottom line is Flacco is more important than Grubbs. Were going to pay a lot for Flacco because thats what QBs cost. Flacco is probably our best option for the next couple years.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Rice is the only one of those three that's guaranteed to have a significant cap number increase. Flacco's new deal won't change anything since he's still going to play under the last year of his deal and the only way Webb gets a new contract is if we have to match an offer from somebody else, and I'd expect that he plays next season under whatever amount a guy with a 1st round tender plays for. I can't remember the last time Ozzie gave a new deal to one of our guys before their rookie contract ran out. Flacco is different since he's a QB but he's getting an extension not a totally new deal. I think we'll be able to keep Grubbs if we want to. Of course that's totally dependent on how much he wants and we'll probably have to let Johnson and/or Redding walk but I'd rather have Grubbs than either of them.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea what are the chances we are able to pay both guards 7+ million a year. We may have to let him walk :(
Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Fdmstng99
Rookie

Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fdmstng99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope the Ravens draft best player available like they usually do. Don't want to see them reach for a ILB or even a lineman. Would love to see Konz fall to us.

Is Gurode coming back next season or was he here on just a 1 year deal?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea what are the chances we are able to pay both guards 7+ million a year. We may have to let him walk :(
TBH I think that you pay top guys on the OL. I don't buy into the whole LT > everyone else on the OL etc.

Just look at the Saints, their entire blocking scheme is based off Brees stepping up into the pocket that those guards make.

If we could just get Flacco to actually step up into the pocket I think it would be all the protection we need.

HOWEVER, having said this, I wouldn't be too upset if we let Grubbs go, I like a lot of the 2nd round guard talent this year.

As long as we reload at the position (like Ozzie always does) I think Grubbs walks and we pay another guy a rookie contract for the next few years.

My updated dream draft goes as follows:

1. Zach Brown
2. Ben Jones
3. Amini Silatolu

I moved Amini down to the third round as I seem to be the only one mocking him in the late 2nd/early 3rd. Combine might push him up to where I think he is or maybe scouts will push him up boards after more time to evaluate the small school guys.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: