Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davon Drew supposedly did very well in last years mini-camp as well. IMO these things don't mean anything, training camp is the real deal. Apparently Gaither has an injury to his foot and he's getting an MRI this week.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Davon Drew supposedly did very well in last years mini-camp as well. IMO these things don't mean anything, training camp is the real deal. Apparently Gaither has an injury to his foot and he's getting an MRI this week.
Must of stubbed his toe in anticipation of moving to Buffalo

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our FO is starting to frown away from trading Gaither. I think that's why they are moving him to RT. That way, if they do keep him, they will try and pay him RT money.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I think our FO is starting to frown away from trading Gaither. I think that's why they are moving him to RT. That way, if they do keep him, they will try and pay him RT money.
Any agent can argue that his age and experience warrant him more money. The Ravens aren't going to pay him, thus are getting something of value for him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

I still can't get over you guys thinking we have a top 5 tackle tandem...
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
I still can't get over you guys thinking we have a top 5 tackle tandem...
we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Any agent can argue that his age and experience warrant him more money. The Ravens aren't going to pay him, thus are getting something of value for him.
you're definitely right there, but if we can pay him RT money and still keep Ngata, I think that is the best path to take. It is unlikely, but I won't rule it out. Biscotti says he'll pay a player, as long as he is worth it. If Gaither works his butt off and proves that we can invest a long-term deal into him, then it'll happen.

Another possibility, we are playing him at RT, so we can franchise him as a RT, not a LT this upcoming off season.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
we are.

you're definitely right there, but if we can pay him RT money and still keep Ngata, I think that is the best path to take. It is unlikely, but I won't rule it out. Biscotti says he'll pay a player, as long as he is worth it. If Gaither works his butt off and proves that we can invest a long-term deal into him, then it'll happen.

Another possibility, we are playing him at RT, so we can franchise him as a RT, not a LT this upcoming off season.
Problem is, he doesn't. Hasn't to date and no reason to think it will change.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
we are.

Did you not just read my post lol. Clearly the Ravens don't have a top 5 tackle tandem. I'll say top 10 and with Gaither ahs top 3 potential. But, clearly my above post points out the other teams that are better then us in that department.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Did you not just read my post lol. Clearly the Ravens don't have a top 5 tackle tandem. I'll say top 10 and with Gaither ahs top 3 potential. But, clearly my above post points out the other teams that are better then us in that department.
Clearly you're arguing semantics under the foolish notion that your opinion is gospel. Sorry its really not. There will be no clear view on whether they are or are not because there is too many variables. So get over it and we will all get along :)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we are.

I'm pretty sure you can't franchise an OL specifically as a LT, RT, etc. It's all under one OL tag.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
Clearly you're arguing semantics under the foolish notion that your opinion is gospel. Sorry its really not. There will be no clear view on whether they are or are not because there is too many variables. So get over it and we will all get along :)
Ugh...this is the problem with posting on team boards. So many homers. I love the Ravens just as much as the next guy, but declaring us a top 5 tackle tandem is the biggest slap in the face to the teams I mentioned. Let's give credit to where credit is due.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can't franchise an OL specifically as a LT, RT, etc. It's all under one OL tag.
Oh, then I can't see why we're putting him at RT, it's a smart financial move, but I just don't see it.

Quote:
Ugh...this is the problem with posting on team boards. So many homers. I love the Ravens just as much as the next guy, but declaring us a top 5 tackle tandem is the biggest slap in the face to the teams I mentioned. Let's give credit to where credit is due.
dude, relax. It's my opinion. if you don't like it, then move along and get on with your life. I didn't say all the other tandems suck, I just said the Ravens have a top 5 tandem. And I am the farthest thing from a homer and I always give credit to where it is due.

Quote:
Problem is, he doesn't. Hasn't to date and no reason to think it will change.
true, and many people believe that this "foot" injury is his way of saying "he's not pleased" with being moved to RT. He's having an MRI soon, so we'll see whats going on.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Titans - Roos and Stewart. They have the best pair of tackles in the league, there shouldn't be much debate about that.

Jets - Ferguson has developed into what he was supposed to be coming out, a great LT who's better in pass protection than than run blocking. Not to say that he isn't a good run blocker, just that he isn't great at it. Woody on the other hand isn't much of a pass protector. If we keep Gaither on the left side and Oher on the right side, I'd give us a push with them. The difference between Gaither and Ferguson and Woody and Oher balances out IMO.

Broncos - I really like the Broncos offensive tackles. Clady is better than Gaither, there isn't much doubt about that, although he did give up quite a few QB pressures (it's not all about sacks allowed when you look at stats for OL). Harris is a nice RT and one of the better ones in the league but is he really better than Oher? I doubt it, especially in the run blocking department.

Saints - Apparently they're trying to move Jamaal Brown, and I can see why when they have Bushrod and the newly drafted Charles Brown. Brown is better than Gaither, but can you really argue that Bushrod and/or Brown are? Stinchcomb definitely isn't better than Oher, c'mon man. Ask the Saints board yourself.

There are also some other teams you guys are forgetting about. The Panthers IMO are right up there in the best tackle tandem department and I'd take Gross and Otah any day. Staley and Davis for the 49ers have to be up there in terms of good young tandems. Really this is all the opinion of the individuals looking at other teams and how certain players fit into their teams' schemes. Would Clady and Harris really be as good in Baltimore with our scheme as they would in Denver? I doubt it. Not one person's opinion is any better/more valued than another's, especially since not one of us (I'd bet nearly anything on this) has experience with NFL personnel and such. We're just posters on a fan forum for crying out loud.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
Titans - Roos and Stewart. They have the best pair of tackles in the league, there shouldn't be much debate about that.

Jets - Ferguson has developed into what he was supposed to be coming out, a great LT who's better in pass protection than than run blocking. Not to say that he isn't a good run blocker, just that he isn't great at it. Woody on the other hand isn't much of a pass protector. If we keep Gaither on the left side and Oher on the right side, I'd give us a push with them. The difference between Gaither and Ferguson and Woody and Oher balances out IMO.

Broncos - I really like the Broncos offensive tackles. Clady is better than Gaither, there isn't much doubt about that, although he did give up quite a few QB pressures (it's not all about sacks allowed when you look at stats for OL). Harris is a nice RT and one of the better ones in the league but is he really better than Oher? I doubt it, especially in the run blocking department.

Saints - Apparently they're trying to move Jamaal Brown, and I can see why when they have Bushrod and the newly drafted Charles Brown. Brown is better than Gaither, but can you really argue that Bushrod and/or Brown are? Stinchcomb definitely isn't better than Oher, c'mon man. Ask the Saints board yourself.

There are also some other teams you guys are forgetting about. The Panthers IMO are right up there in the best tackle tandem department and I'd take Gross and Otah any day. Staley and Davis for the 49ers have to be up there in terms of good young tandems. Really this is all the opinion of the individuals looking at other teams and how certain players fit into their teams' schemes. Would Clady and Harris really be as good in Baltimore with our scheme as they would in Denver? I doubt it. Not one person's opinion is any better/more valued than another's, especially since not one of us (I'd bet nearly anything on this) has experience with NFL personnel and such. We're just posters on a fan forum for crying out loud.
That was a great post. I agree with almost everything except I would in fact take the Broncos, Panthers, Jets, and Saints tackle tandem ahead of the Ravens tandem. I love our tandem and think it has the potential to be something special but as of now I don't see it. The biggest problem is that some of these teams run the zone scheme and have smaller tackles that rely on athleticism and quickness (getting that backside cut). The Ravens are a power team that wants big ole' maulers. Sure, they run the zone from time to time. But, their mainly a power blocking team.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The problem is thinking one's opinion is more valid then the next. There is no definitive way to prove one opinion is more valid then the next.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Starks and Willie Colon are better than Oher and Gaither. :D
Old 05-09-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Max Starks and Willie Colon are better than Oher and Gaither. :D
Well they did get a head start on the golf start this past season ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rank the Tackle tandems like this.

1. Tennessee - Roos and Stewart
2. Carolina - Gross and Otah
3. Ravens - Oher and Gaither
4. Broncos - Clady and Harris
5. Jets - Ferguson and Woody
Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I would rank the Tackle tandems like this.

1. Tennessee - Roos and Stewart
2. Carolina - Gross and Otah
3. Ravens - Oher and Gaither
4. Broncos - Clady and Harris
5. Jets - Ferguson and Woody
I agree with this list here.

however #3,4 and 5 are interchangeable IMHO
Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well they did get a head start on the golf start this past season ;)
That's fine. The Steelers beat your Ravens 5 of the passed 7 times they've played and will continue to do so this season. :D
Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's fine. The Steelers beat your Ravens 5 of the passed 7 times they've played and will continue to do so this season. :D
And we beat the lowly Raiders while your Steelers couldn't.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-09-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Well! Well! If JaFattass didn't play, the Raiders would have won!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't forget Kansas City ;). Anyways, that was last season so it doesn't really matter.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think we'll split this season and we both will contend for the division.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think we'll split this season and we both will contend for the division.
I think you should find other ways to fulfill yourself then cause drama on a subforum of Ravens' fans. :P

Seriously I will make no predictions on this season until oh I don't know ITS NOT MAY!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: