Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-11-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK elite MLB prospects usually slip. If Eagles address their LB need through FA I Can see it happening.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IDK elite MLB prospects usually slip. If Eagles address their LB need through FA I Can see it happening.
I could see the following teams picking Kuechly:

Chiefs (#11)
Seahawks (#12)
Eagles (#15)
Jets (#16)
Bengals (#17/21)
Chargers (#18)
Lions (#23)
Steelers (#24)

Then there's the fringe teams who could just pick BPA like the Pats, Packers, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
The thing about Kuechly is that he isn't just a MLB. He could probably play OLB too and that's going to drive his value up. Kuechly is my ideal 1st round pick for the Ravens at this point but there's no way we're going to be able to get him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on a OLB in the first 2 rounds. I think we probably stick with Kruger/Kindle and see what we have there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd23 View Post
Should Ben Grubbs leave, we'll likely sign Steve Hutchinson to complete the 2008 Minnesota Vikings OL reunion (the left side at least)
I wouldn't be against kicking the tires on Hutch if Grubbs is gone. He is the player he was but I hear he is serviceable. Its worth checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thin our ideal mock might look something like

1. Konz
2. Silatolu
3. Kendricks

or

1. Hightower
2. Silatolu
3. Kendricks

I really like the idea of Kendricks in the middle for us, experience in a 3-4 can play outside or inside, athletic.

The OL situation is a bit confusing and we may end up addressing C AND OG but at the very least I think we will take a C OR an OG.

In the 2nd scenario I would really love to have Hightower outside. I salivate at the idea of Suggs-Kendricks-Ray-Hightower next year.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 03-11-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We gave Ellerbe a 2nd round tender at 1.9 million? Thats a lot of $ we will be giving him for what he has done in the past. Will he be a bigger part of the D? I know he started over McClain VS. the Pats

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-12-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

I think its the FO acknowledging that McClain won't be back.

They probably gave Ellerbe a higher than expected tender to ensure that there is at least 1 ILB besides Ray Lewis on the roster with knowledge of the playbook before TC starts
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider

To remain with the Ravens, Pro Bowl guard Ben Grubbs would have to give up significant money from other teams.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider

To remain with the Ravens, Pro Bowl guard Ben Grubbs would have to give up significant money from other teams.
Damn. That's really unfortunate. I read today we have about $13 million worth of cap space to play with after Rice's tag goes through, I thought that might be enough to offer him a competitive salary, but I guess not.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Damn. That's really unfortunate. I read today we have about $13 million worth of cap space to play with after Rice's tag goes through, I thought that might be enough to offer him a competitive salary, but I guess not.
I'm fairly certain that's not counting the RFA tenders or is just wrong.

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Mo...ins-violations

Quote:
The 2012 free agent frenzy is set to begin at 4:00 this afternoon when the 2012 league year begins. At that time, the Ravens are expected to be just under $7.7M under the 2012 Salary Cap.
That's including the $1.6 million bonus we get from the Dallas/Washington penalties, $1.5 million borrowed from future caps, and the carryover from last season. The only thing not included is any incentive carryover and that would just bring down our cap room, but they said in another article that the team doesn't include too many incentives in their contracts so the number should be insignificant. $7.7 million isn't a lot to work with and I fully expect Grubbs to be gone along with Johnson and probably McClain.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Redding signed with Indy.
Sad to see a player like him go, great motor, great leader.
This now means McPhee will start next season, I expect a huge year from him, the guys an animal
Old 03-14-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Apparently we're bringing Evan Mathis in for a visit. Yay or nay? Can't say I know much about him but it looks like he's a good fit for a zone-blocking system like we use.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Apparently we're bringing Evan Mathis in for a visit. Yay or nay? Can't say I know much about him but it looks like he's a good fit for a zone-blocking system like we use.
Id much rather try and retain Grubbs or bring in Eric Winston.
Quote:
Old 03-14-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yay! Mathis was one of the most underrated O-Lineman in the league this past year and is a great fit in our offense.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Speaking of Winston, what would the team do with him if he signed? I was in favor of moving Oher to LG and starting Reid at RT (in this case Winston would be the RT obviously) earlier but is Oher moving to LG anything more than fan speculation? Of course moving Oher back to LT could be an option too and I really like the idea of not having McKinnie at LT. Unless Winston can move to LT I'm not sure bringing him in would do a whole lot for the team. Winston is much better at RT than Oher is but what would we do with him then?
Old 03-14-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of Winston, what would the team do with him if he signed? I was in favor of moving Oher to LG and starting Reid at RT (in this case Winston would be the RT obviously) earlier but is Oher moving to LG anything more than fan speculation? Of course moving Oher back to LT could be an option too and I really like the idea of not having McKinnie at LT. Unless Winston can move to LT I'm not sure bringing him in would do a whole lot for the team. Winston is much better at RT than Oher is but what would we do with him then?
Am I wrong? I thought that Winston already signed with the Bucs along with Nicks.

EDIT: I'm so wrong, don't know where I read that

On a side note:

If we have money for Mathis, why don't we have money for Grubbs. Both are awesome guards (I give the edge to Grubbs), and are about the same age.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having Mathis, just would prefer Grubbs. Must just be that Grubbs is getting hype.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 03-14-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Mathis is 2 years older than Grubbs, hasn't started much, and has had significant durability concerns during his career. For me it's not much of a competition just comparing the two with those things in mind but that's not the issue. I don't think Mathis gets anywhere near the deal that Grubbs gets but like I said I still don't know much about his abilities on the field.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am starting to like the idea of getting WInston and moving Oher to LG. Just came into my mind the other day but I think oher can be a sick guard. Fast as ****, mean as piss and strong as an Oxe. I think he was always a guard just got caught in the blindside ********.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Oher at LG is an interesting idea that I could get on board with though it seems like a shame to get a talented, highly athletic OT and still have to start McKinnie. The team showed that they aren't afraid of screwing around with the leftside/rightside thing in the whole Oher-Gaither debacle.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd actually prefer to go with Mathis over Grubbs. Mathis is older and does have some injury concerns but I really don't think there would be much of a drop off in play at all because he is the same caliber of player as Grubbs and would be a hell of a lot cheaper.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Oher at LG is an interesting idea that I could get on board with though it seems like a shame to get a talented, highly athletic OT and still have to start McKinnie. The team showed that they aren't afraid of screwing around with the leftside/rightside thing in the whole Oher-Gaither debacle.
yea some teams just love to ruin a elite Oline that happened to have 4 players 25 and under. That still gets me pissed dude. That oline was insane!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

"I want to win right now," Winston said. "That's what's important to me. That's the kind of team I'm looking for."

Given that his other options are KC, Miami and St.Louis, this can't be bad news for us. :)

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-14-2012 at 09:57 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah that's what I though when I read that earlier. Should be interesting to see what kind of contract he wants.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Mathis is 2 years older than Grubbs, hasn't started much, and has had significant durability concerns during his career. For me it's not much of a competition just comparing the two with those things in mind but that's not the issue. I don't think Mathis gets anywhere near the deal that Grubbs gets but like I said I still don't know much about his abilities on the field.
Like I said :P Grubbs has the name.

I guess he is almost 3 years older will be 31 part way through the season. For some reason I believed him to be younger than that (this is what I get for not checking my facts)

You are right though, I doubt he gets the same type of deal.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Really don't understand how we couldn't match 5 years, 36 million with 16 mill guaranteed. That's not an astronomically large contract by any means. I expected Grubbs to earn well over 8 mill per season. Extremely disappointed we couldn't bring him back at that price. Where the **** is all our cap space going? Outside of Reed, Ray, Sizzle, Ngata, Yanda and Boldin, we shouldn't have any huge contracts weighing us down.
Quote: