Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-16-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We made an offer to Jason Brown I hope he signs. I wont complain with McKinnie/Brown/Birk/Yanda/Reid as the oline. Obviously the main weakness will be Birk. I wish we could ditch him for Gurode but oh well
I'll take Birk over McKinnie 10/10. McKinnie is so ******* terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'll take Birk over McKinnie 10/10. McKinnie is so ******* terrible.
Yep. I'm not excited about Brown potentially coming back though, he was horrible in St. Louis and we don't run the same blocking scheme as we did when he was here before.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah from what I have been reading Brown stunk at STL. I was kind of surprised by that. But yes McKinnie stinks but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Wilfork throwing Birk around like a ragdoll in the AFC title game. Regardless both will probably be starters next year.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah from what I have been reading Brown stunk at STL. I was kind of surprised by that. But yes McKinnie stinks but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Wilfork throwing Birk around like a ragdoll in the AFC title game. Regardless both will probably be starters next year.
And you guys thought I was overreacting to the loss of Grubbs. Having McKinnie and Birk as our starters along the offensive line is unacceptable if we want to win a SB next year. Simply put, they aren't good enough. Neither of them is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if Brown will sign with us. We only offered him a 1 year 'conservative' deal so he might look for more years. Although he could look to rehab his stock with a good year back in Baltimore.

Birk and McKinney are here for the year. I really want to get replacements for them and the LG spot set up in this draft. Reid is an interesting guy because he can either move to that LG spot or go to RT and move Oher back to LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...or-break-year/

They said Mentally and physically Kindle is back to where he was pre injury. The article said he is working hard to learn both OLB spots. What kind of year do you expect him to have?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts of Riley Rieff if he fell into Baltimore's hands?
Obviously, we'd be some silly nannies to not take him.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...or-break-year/

They said Mentally and physically Kindle is back to where he was pre injury. The article said he is working hard to learn both OLB spots. What kind of year do you expect him to have?
Was just about to post this as well, I like that he looks physically ready to compete for the spot. The learning curve may still be there as he has little experience at the position.

Another interesting thing in the article that I didn't know was that he has hearing loss due to the head injury.

Harbaugh also telling him:

Quote:
I have big expectations for you.
I expect him to push Kriger for the starting spot but I think we see Kruger starting next year.

May play a role similar to what Kruger did last year, coming in to aid in pass rushing situations; although, probably not replacing Kruger.

Will be interesting to see if we can find a way to get him, Kruger, Suggs and McPhee on the field all at the same time next year in pass rushing situations.

I also don't wonder if we try moving him inside at times as well.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Any thoughts of Riley Rieff if he fell into Baltimore's hands?
Obviously, we'd be some silly nannies to not take him.
I wouldn't take him, I think he is strictly a RT. Even if he gets a shot at the LT position, he will soon be back over to the right side.

We already have two RT's who could start, don't need a third.

Doubt it happens anyway though.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Kindle does have experience in coverage in college. Will be interesting to see if he can win out the SAM spot. Maybe be the 2 down player and bring Kruger in on pass rushing downs. There were rumors that he could play 34 ILB too. I hope he can do something.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we just signed Curtis ******* Painter...**** me along with this whole season.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I wouldn't take him, I think he is strictly a RT. Even if he gets a shot at the LT position, he will soon be back over to the right side.

We already have two RT's who could start, don't need a third.

Doubt it happens anyway though.
I wouldn't take him as a T, but as a G? Hell yeah. Actually scratch that I would take him as a LT if he played over McKinnie.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I wouldn't take him as a T, but as a G? Hell yeah. Actually scratch that I would take him as a LT if he played over McKinnie.
You know I really hadn't thought of this :P

Good point, I'd take him

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
So we just signed Curtis ******* Painter...**** me along with this whole season.
This might be one of the biggest overreactions to the signing of 3rd string camp body I've seen.

And if Reiff slid within our reach, he'd be a great pick even if it meant trading up a little like we did with Oher. I'm not a huge fan of his and think he belongs in the 20's but he would come in and be our best OT and is a easily a better pass protector than both Oher and McKinnie. I would have no problem at all starting him at LT. Not to mention he could in theory compete with Jah for that LG spot short term if that was the plan.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This might be one of the biggest overreactions to the signing of 3rd string camp body I've seen.

And if Reiff slid within our reach, he'd be a great pick even if it meant trading up a little like we did with Oher. I'm not a huge fan of his and think he belongs in the 20's but he would come in and be our best OT and is a easily a better pass protector than both Oher and McKinnie. I would have no problem at all starting him at LT. Not to mention he could in theory compete with Jah for that LG spot short term if that was the plan.
I definitely like him as a guard and a RT and he certainly would be an upgrade over Oher at RT.

I don't necessarily see him as a LT, although he could be better than McKinnie

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I definitely like him as a guard and a RT and he certainly would be an upgrade over Oher at RT.

I don't necessarily see him as a LT, although he could be better than McKinnie
He won't be a world-beater but he'll be just fine at LT. I'd take him at that spot over McKinnie and Oher without much hesitation.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He won't be a world-beater but he'll be just fine at LT. I'd take him at that spot over McKinnie and Oher without much hesitation.
That's pretty much how I feel. If Reiff fell I don't see how he wouldn't be the BPA left anyways. That combined with the need at LT/LG would make him a very likely pick in my opinion.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think without a doubt a pass rusher is the teams biggest need in round 1.
At this point, what Kindle can offer is a gigantic question mark, and with JJ leaving Kruger being forced to start doesn't make me feel good.
The O-Line can be addressed in rounds 2-4 with quality players, but 1st round OLB talent is raw.
Courtney Upshaw Melvin Ingram or Nick Perry would all be instant upgrades for our defense to continue to dominant.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Be happy we didn't sign Boller... That guy sucked so bad at Oakland they sold the farm for Carson Palmer.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with Kruger/Kindle for the OLB spot. They aren't bad players so I don't see it as a must have pick in round 1. If a talent falls then I could see us grabbing a guy. Also Kindle shouldn't take that long to get the mental side of the defense down because he should have been learning for the past years while he's been getting healed up.

If Reiff is there we need to take him. He would probably be BPA at that point and can handle the LG spot for now and he has the potential to be tried at LT also.

Just go BPA. I don't see any one glaring need, so just grab the best player that is there and continue to add talent. A trade back would be an obvious move also if no one we like falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 04-19-2012 at 09:49 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would yall think about bringing Jabar Gaffney into the mix? He's a young 31 and he just had his best season, but the Redskins released him with all their new signings. I know he's not the stretch the field guy that we need, but why not give Joe another reliable set of hands when we only have two guys on the roster who have shown they can make plays.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Id take Jacoby Jones over Gaffney but I doubt we have enough for any of them honestly.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id take Jacoby Jones over Gaffney but I doubt we have enough for any of them honestly.
Jacoby Jones is the least reliable receiver on the market. Trust me, you do not want Jacoby Jones.

While the Kemo signing is pretty under the radar, I like bringing in the extra big body to replace McKinney.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Decosta said we wont be going after a WR in FA. So the #3 WR will be between Reed,Doss,Williams,Streeter. Decosta said he thinks its between Reed and Doss. I love Doss as a player but I would like more speed from the #3 WR spot. I tihnk it will be Williams. I dont think Reed will ever put his tools together.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
While the Kemo signing is pretty under the radar, I like bringing in the extra big body to replace McKinney.

Yeah it's important to get a depth piece there simply because you don't want Cody to have to play too many snaps. I know he already comes out on 3rd down but it's still important with big defensive lineman to have somebody who can be a reliever from time to time.