Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-16-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Cameron's system it's pretty easy to incorporate a guy that can be a deep threat, especially when the team didn't have one at the time. That's one of the big reasons I really wanted Stephen Hill in the draft. Jones should have a positive impact this year too if Cameron uses him.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly Torrey is the only legit deep threat Joe has had so far in his career. Other players we tried just weren't that good or got hurt. Flacco has a cannon and now he has more of an opportunity to use it. Were going to attack deep much more I hope with some actual speed outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found this little nugget in a fantasy football article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/fo...ionschargerswr

Quote:
Norv Turner's offense prizes downfield passing, and Rivers has the perfect wing for it; his 51 attempts that traveled 40-plus yards in the air from 2008 to 2011 is second highest among NFL quarterbacks -- only Joe Flacco has more.
He's probably not the leader for 20/30+ yard throws but Flacco likes to launch it deep. What they have to do now is become more efficient.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even realize. It might be easier when its not Derrick Mason and Boldin being the deep guys.

I think Joe can blow up with his deep ball with actually deep guys and some time to dial it in. He still has quite a few overthrows but I hope he can reel those in with some time.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bernard pierce today
Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I want to see more of the passing game tonight, especially with out 2 TEs out. Pierce will be interesting as well. I also want to see Kruger/Kindle/Upshaw to see how that group is working out. I also want to see how Cody and Kemo do

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-18-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After yesterday I'm real nervous bout our pass rush and online
Old 08-18-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this team is looking like hot garbage 2 games into preseason

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

The first team offense and defense played well last night, for as little as we saw them on the field. We should get a better look next game if they keep the starters out there longer. Right now I'm not making assumptions about how good or bad the team is as a whole because preseason games aren't a very good indicator at all. Some of the individual performances are a bit concerning though, particularly Cary Williams getting beat like a rug the last couple of weeks. Of course the Ravens won't see anything like the WR corps of the Falcons and Lions in the regular season but it's something to keep track of.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrod Taylor, what you guys think?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I like him as a back up. Ill take him over Painter i figure if Joe gets hurt and misses a few series he can come in be a spark plug until Joe comes in.

It looks like Tucker will be our kicker. Thank goodness
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Tyrod Taylor, what you guys think?
I feel comfortable with him as our #2. He's shown solid progression from year one to year two. I would trust him to hold things together for a couple games if Flacco did go down.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shefter tweeted Cundiff got the axe. Tucker is a tool but I'm happy about this move.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I have no confidence in Cundiff hitting a game winner at any point this season so it had to be done. A rookie kicker is no sure thing, but I'll take that gamble over Cundiff.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 08-30-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

QB-Flacco/Taylor
RB-Rice/Pierce/Rainey
FB-Leach
WR-Boldin/Jones/Williams
TE-DIckson/Pitta/Bajema
LT-McKinnie/Harewood
LG-Williams/KO
C-Birk/GRadkowski
RG-Yanda/Boren
RT-Oher/Reid/COrnell
WR-Smith/Thompson/Doss

DE-Ngata/Hall
DT-Cody/Kemo
DE-McPhee/Jones
OLB-Kruger/Kindle
MLB-Lewis/Ellerbe/Ayanbedejo
MLB-McClain/Carr
OLB-Upshaw/McCllelan
CB-Webb/Williams
FS-Reed/Thompson
SS-Pollard/Brown
CB-Smith/Graham/Jackson

LS-Cox
K-Tucker
P-Koch

My prediction for the 53 man roster.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

11 guys on the OL is a ton. Here's my shot at it.

QB: Flacco, Taylor
RB: Rice, Pierce, Rainey
FB: Leach
WR: Boldin, Smith, Jones, Williams, Doss, Streeter, Thompson
TE: Dickson, Pitta, Bajema
LT: McKinnie
LG: Williams, Osemele
C: Birk, Gradkowski
RG: Yanda
RT: Oher, Reid

DT: Ngata, Hall, Tyson
NT: Cody, Kemoeatu
DE: McPhee, Jones
RUSH: Kruger, McClellan, Williams
WILL: McClain, Ayanbadejo
MIKE: Lewis, Ellerbe
SAM: Upshaw, Kindle
CB: Webb, Smith, Williams, Graham, Gorrer, Jackson
FS: Reed, Brown
SS: Pollard, Thompson

K: Tucker
P: Koch
LS: Cox

The thing I feel least confident about is the bottom of the WR group. It doesn't seem likely that they keep 7 of them but I feel like Streeter and/or Thompson are both better than anybody else that could get a spot. Streeter might be a candidate for one of those questionable IR moves the team likes to make with young guys to keep them with the team. I doubt he would clear waivers if they cut him to put him on the practice squad. Thompson probably would but I think he's played well enough to make the team.

I'm really hoping that they don't waste a roster spot on Considine but I don't trust Harbaugh to let one of "his guys" go. Getting a different veteran backup S via free agency is something very likely in my opinion, and I think Brown would be the guy to go (and end up on the practice squad).

With the versatility of Oher, Yanda, and the depth guys on the OL there isn't much of a reason to carry too many of them. Cornell is a very likely practice squad candidate and I think Boren could end up there too (if he's eligible, I'm not familiar with those rules). Harewood is at the end of his Ravens career in my opinion.

The case could be made for Berry but I think they will only keep 4 guys in the backfield. I can't think of anybody else that sticks out as deserving of a roster spot.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 08-31-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello Ravens fans! As some of you know, I lost an avy bet to JoeJoeBrown and I wanted to see if anybody would be down to hook me up with a sick ass Ravens avatar before kickoff. Let me know if you're interested either here or in a pm. I'll be repping all of you guys as the season goes on, but I'll try to think of something more creative for the artist. Thanks bros!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I loved what I saw today from us. I hope our offense can look like this. One good game is not going to change 3 wasted years by Cameron. I just hope the offense looks like this the rest of the season.

Honestly what surprised me the most was Ray Lewis. IDK how the weight loss was going to effect his play but he was a animal out there.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- How can you not be thrilled about that offensive performance? I'm not sure I can remember a more efficient offensive performance in my time as a Raven fan.

- Very interesting that we had KO and Harewood starting with McKinnie and Williams dressed and on the bench. Not sure any of us would have predicted that as our week 1 and possibly season long starting group even a couple weeks ago. As a unit, they did an awesome job at opening holes for Raymell. Oher played a very good game at LT. KO was very solid and was opening some big holes. I love what a nasty finisher he is too. Harewood looked promising, especially as a run blocker. If no huddle is going to continue to be a prominent thing for us, having younger guys who can move and play at that tempo is key. Not that they're are incapable of performing in it, but when I think of up-tempo and no huddle offense, I don't think of Bryant McKinnie and Bobbie Williams. For now, I have no problem at all with this being the starting group moving forward.

- Jacoby Jones looks like just what we need as our #3 WR. Hopefully he can be what Lee Evans was supposed to be.

- Defensively, one week in I have no issues with Pees. It's clear that were not going to get the same level of pass rush with a 4 man rush without Suggs. McClellan and Upshaw aren't ready to be impact pass rushers yet. They did a really good job at manufacturing pressure, especially with those blitzes from Webb. We're going to need to blitz a lot this year and I think we will, but if that's the case we really need Cary and Jimmy to take that next step because this defense is going to demand more out of them.

- This Ray Lewis guy...he might end up being a pretty good player one day. Boy did he look good. He was noticeably a lot faster. 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 ff and was strong in coverage too.

- Congrats to Ed Reed on breaking the return yards record. Greatest safety of all time. It felt like 2004 out there with Ray getting 14 tackles and Ed getting a pick 6.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all my offseason criticisms of the Ravens, I agree with everything TACKLE said. We looked stellar last night. I was actually most impressed by the pass rush, I had no idea we'd be able to generate that kind of pressure without Suggs. Oher looked absolutely awesome at LT, we all knew he had it in him, it's time to put it together once and for all.

Dare I say...Hesitant optimism that Joe Flacco has turned the corner? A few suspect throws here and there, but overall he looked very crisp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the year of the Flacco, buckle up gentleman.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really impressed by a number of things here.

- Oher looked GOOD at LT. Feet looked better than I ever would have expected. Didn't mess up any assignments that I saw, no stupid penalties. Not much more I could ask for

- Birk is going to be a weak point on this line again this year. Getting blown up a lot more than he should.

- Pitta is a beast.

- I really like where this offense is going. I don't even mind the flubbed double end around, I liked the play call even if it didn't work. I think we really had a great blend of run and pass, I didn't even mind that Rice only had 10 carries.

- (offense continued) Again, I really like where this offense is going, we are really beginning to play to Flacco's strengths with more deep balls.

- On defense, our stars picked up the slack where Suggs left off. Ray looked damn good and so did Ed Reed. Loved the wrap up on Ellis by Ray.

- Pollard is looking good. He played well and I'm glad to see that last year wasn't a one year thing. It seems like he is really settling in as an asset to this defense.

-T.Smith is really molding into a #1 type guy. That first deep ball out of the gate to him in traffic I thought would surely be a drop. Can't tell you how excited I was when he came up with it. Really improving his concentration while making the catch, following it all the way into his hands

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 09-12-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought you guys might be interested to hear that Vontaze Burfict will be starting today for the Bungles.

Same old Joe...following a great game with complete garbage. That second half was pathetic.

Last edited by America : 09-16-2012 at 03:44 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Joe was terrible the 2nd half. But where was the no huddle? I was nervous Cam would still be Cam and somehow **** something up. Pees was vanilla too but at least he wasnt Mattison bad.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Tucker is the ******* man!!!!