Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been very pleased with K.O. and Oher. I wouldn't say one has been that noticeably better than the other, but they've held up especially well in pass pro which is huge since Flacco isn't the type to extend the play much with his legs. That said, Flacco showed some burst on his lone run, and showed strength, making a throw with a defender draped around his legs. I wouldn't mind Flacco running a bit more when the middle of the field opens, even if it is two or three yards.

Harewood, still a surprise start, looks athletic and lean for a guard, and has fared well in the majority of his snaps in the passing game. He's a work in progress running the ball, but he's been solid. By the way, Birk played infinitely better this game vs. Wilfork, and it helped to chip him with one of the guards before engaging a backer.

Pierce ran with power and had a great stiff arm. Once he's at the edge and makes his cut, he gets upfield with some force behind him. I don't have a problem with him on the 4th down play. Rice wouldn't have been able to make it either. 6'8'' 350 lb. Bryant McKinney didn't touch anyone on that play and was just standing around clueless after it was over. Glad he's benched.

It's unfortunate our best corner is a nickel and is also the best blitzing corner because it'd be nice to blitz Cary Williams instead. His size would cloud passing lanes more and we would have Webb back in coverage. That said, if Williams just played a press technique and jammed the guy at the line he wouldn't be getting abused so much.

Courtney Upshaw has been very solid in replacing Jarrett Johnson. He sets the edge well, has put on some decent pressure and made a great stay-at-home play on the end around. But Kruger has been a big disappointment in my eyes as the RUSH backer. The only pressure he had, he got to Brady and couldn't bring him down. He just gets stonewalled too much, and has no counters. I was really rooting for him and he can still turn it on, but he needs to start making plays if this defense is going to improve.

Jameel McClain has handled his lighter role well in the media but I'm sure he's a little upset about his reduced PT. I like what Pees had him doing as a pass rusher. I prefer him to Kruger actually and Ellerbe has finally emerged from the dog house.

I like working the running game with Rice, but he can't have 25 touches every game though so I wouldn't mind seeing Pierce take some of the carries in this game and get Rice his usual number of catches. We need to run the ball, even if it isn't Ray, and get the play action going from there.

Early look ahead at the draft next year...I'd go almost anywhere on defense - pass rusher, corner, safety, 5 tech, ILB, and then maybe look at an interior lineman if he falls.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god. Ngata against Ryan Lilja this week. This is not going to be pretty..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lilja is giving up 50 lbs to Ngata. We need Ngata to get some some pressure this week with that matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens got a few calls their way today, but I'm not mad about it.

Good game today. Continued health and good luck the rest of the way.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Ravens got a few calls their way today, but I'm not mad about it.

Good game today. Continued health and good luck the rest of the way.
Best of luck for the Chiefs also. It was a shame to have Cassel wasted such a great game from your defense. Hopefully Quinn can show more for you. I haven't watched much of Charles first hand until now, but damn he is scary. 30 carries is too much but its hard to not want to give him every snap. Best of health.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have got to have one of the most inconsistent offenses in the NFL for the past two years now. Way too many games where they show up looking like they have never played together before.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Suggs could be back as soon as the 21st apparently. I just assumed they would shut him down for the year. Wow if he can come back and be any sort of passrusher we are much better off. I hope they aim for the week after the bye so he gets more time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-november-4/
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since it wasn't a full Achilles tear or whatever it was expected he would be back at some point. I don't think they play him quite that soon but definitely by the end of November.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah we need him badly. Him and JJ were so valuable to this defense with how they set the edge. Upshaw has been solid but Kruger is a situational pass rusher at best IMO. We need Suggs back.

Not to mention, we didn't notch a single sack today either.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or last game. I like what we've seen from Upshaw and I don't think Johnson would have helped a whole lot so far but they miss Suggs like no other.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Wow, Webb with a likely torn ACL. Shame. Its going to suck without him. Wish him the best in recovery.

IDK how we are 5-1 with the way the defense has played.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Wow, Webb with a likely torn ACL. Shame. Its going to suck without him. Wish him the best in recovery.

IDK how we are 5-1 with the way the defense has played.

Hate to say it, but it looks like our once storied defenses are starting to fall apart. We both have the pieces, but are so dependent on a few guys that it's hard to rebuild what they brought.

Our whole division is down this year.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webb being hurt is just heart breaking. Same with our defense getting ran all over. It's good to get a win but next week will be a beat down
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Hate to say it, but it looks like our once storied defenses are starting to fall apart. We both have the pieces, but are so dependent on a few guys that it's hard to rebuild what they brought.

Our whole division is down this year.
yeah Harrison still looks like a solid pass rusher though, but watching Jared Cook burn him on that final drive showed that he isn't what he used to be.

I wouldn't say age is what is killing the Ravens though, sure Ray and Ed are up there but the rest of the unit is under 30. (except for Kemo and Suggs)

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with the defense. Were JJ and Suggs THAT good at setting the edge? It can't all be Dean Peas' fault? Someone shed some light on this for me!

edit - just read that Ray Lewis is also feared to have torn his triceps. ****
Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its gotta be a mixture of suggs and peas. but i almost cried when i heard that injury report. PPL like to gang up on Ray but he is still by far the best ILB we have.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, if he is indeed out for the year, any chance he plays next year? Or does he retire?

Also, I hope Asa Jackson will start to see some playing time with Webb now gone.

So bummed out right now.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah Harrison still looks like a solid pass rusher though, but watching Jared Cook burn him on that final drive showed that he isn't what he used to be.

I wouldn't say age is what is killing the Ravens though, sure Ray and Ed are up there but the rest of the unit is under 30. (except for Kemo and Suggs)

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with the defense. Were JJ and Suggs THAT good at setting the edge? It can't all be Dean Peas' fault? Someone shed some light on this for me!

edit - just read that Ray Lewis is also feared to have torn his triceps. ****
I'm more worried about the way teams are gashing the defense up the middle more so than on the outside. It's pretty embarrassing that they can't seem to adjust unless they totally sellout against the run like they did in the second half against Kansas City.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dean Pees may be worse then Greg Mattison, if that is entirely possible.

This offense has to step up! Its a MUST! We have to consistently score 30+ from here on out because we have NO margin of error on defense. We've become Green Bay East.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

BigDawg is right, anything close to Mattison makes me want to puke and Peas is on his level. How come harbs cant see it just open up a play book from Rex or Chuck laying around.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
BigDawg is right, anything close to Mattison makes me want to puke and Peas is on his level. How come harbs cant see it just open up a play book from Rex or Chuck laying around.
If it were only that simple.............

The team severely undervalued Jarrett Johnson's contributions to this run defense and the loss of Suggs coupled with the total lack of a pass rush is crippling. Now no Webb its only going to get worse.

If we don't score as an offense frankly its going to be an ugly season. We need to enjoy 5-1 while we can because the joy may be fleeting.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well these recent events suck. Trying to be optimistic though:

-At least we have CB depth now. A few years back, we would have Frank walker out there starting. Smith & Williams are still a decent pair. Jimmy Smith will have to step up. The other depths guys hopefully can sort themselves out.

-You can't replace Ray Lewis. There will be a drop off in leadership and his on the field smart. However, Lewis wasn't physically that great this year. Athletically his replacement with be a step up. Still a loss though.

-Hopefully Suggs can comeback in a meaningful way in the coming weeks. He is a pass rusher we need right now. Also he is a leader and that will be critical with Ray out now. We feed of his energy. He will be one of our key leaders as Ray and Ed faze out.

-Ngata and Reed are hurt, but they aren't dead. They will still be playing, and hopefully our bye after this week will help them heal up. So glad we didn't have a bye week 3 this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Does anybody think we will see any adjustments from the defense coming off of the bye week? I have my doubts since Pees has shown he's anything but competent.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Does anybody think we will see any adjustments from the defense coming off of the bye week? I have my doubts since Pees has shown he's anything but competent.
This week will be telling for sure. He started off the season being fairly aggressive in his calls but has gotten noticeably more and more conservative as the season has gone on.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

One quick thing i noticed from this game was that Upshaw needs to be starting next to Suggs. Other then that same **** with Cameron and Peas.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah I hate both Cameron and Peas but I'll give Cameron a small break.

He tried to stick with the run and Ray Rice in the 2nd half, but I think Cleveland actually did a good job shutting him down. The problem is that no one else in this offense stepped up for a good 4-5 drives. It took Cleveland taking the lead to finally get the offense is wake up.