Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-24-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Dumervil over Kruger any day.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news! Now, if Suggs can bounce back from his injuries, we should have a pretty potent pass rush next year!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still have the issue of who's playing at ILB and Safety. But this contract isn't too outrageous, especially considering the recent market for pass rushers. Got to be excited for the trio of Suggs, Dumervil, and Ngata next year. Hopefully they can all stay healthy.

"We actually run a 4-2-5 most of the time, but our base defense is a 4-3. We may use a few 3-4 looks here and there. Dumervil, in my opinion, has evolved into a bit of a one-trick pony. He gets to the quarterback, but he really only has one pass rush move and gets washed out of the run game far too often. I would prefer Osi / Abraham / Freeney, to be honest." - JCut from the Broncos team section.

Sounds an awful lot like Kruger to me. I would guess Upshaw will play a very similar role to last year. If McClellan moves inside, we'd rotate the 3 all game depending on the situation and just to keep them fresh.

Last edited by America : 03-24-2013 at 05:04 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great pick up on Doom.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Still have the issue of who's playing at ILB and Safety. But this contract isn't too outrageous, especially considering the recent market for pass rushers. Got to be excited for the trio of Suggs, Dumervil, and Ngata next year. Hopefully they can all stay healthy.
I think those are about the only issues left on defense. I'm still assuming Ngata plays more NT and even if he's no there full-time it will be enough to eliminate the need there with Cody rotating in. Tyson can play there too.

I'm comfortable with the CB group. If Webb isn't back at full-strength he's still probably going to be good enough to make a top three rotation with him, Smith, and Graham work pretty well. Brown is a nice option as a dime corner/injury fill-in and then you have Jackson and Johnson rounding out the depth.

With the addition of Dumervil I think OLB is set as well. A group consisting of Suggs, Upshaw, and Dumervil is versatile and I don't think anything needs to be added to it. Since McClellan is supposedly moving to ILB full-time I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens add another SLB to compete with Hamilton and McAdoo for the last one or two depth spots but I'm not concerned with that.

That leaves ILB and S. As much as I don't want McClain starting if he's healthy I think he gets the nod at the MIKE position. If he's not ready to play then McClellan or Bynes would probably get a shot at starting until McClain can get back on the field. Like a lot of us have been thinking all along my prediction is that the Ravens add a more rangy type of ILB to start at WILL next to whoever is playing MIKE. And that's probably all that needs to be done at ILB. When you count the three I mentioned above in addition to Ayanbadejo and a rookie that's enough players at that position.

It's a little more difficult with the situation at S. Ihedigbo is a good (and cheap) option as a backup SS. He's not a starter though. Thompson was pretty raw coming into the league last season and I doubt he's developed enough to be relied on as a starter after playing very little and then going on injured reserve in his rookie season. Omar Brown made some plays in the preseason and then again late in the regular season (I think) but he's not a starter. Apparently the team is high on Anthony Levine but he's not a starter either. All of those guys make for some pretty good depth though. If they sign a veteran (probably Huff) that leaves one safety spot open which would likely be filled by a rookie. And there you have it - the 2013 Baltimore Ravens defense.

TL:DR - All the Ravens really need on defense is to draft a starting caliber ILB and S after signing a veteran S. After that they're set.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Dumervil is only taking a $1 million salary this year. So looks like the Ravens should still be able to sign a guy like Huff and McKinnie with no issues.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about bringing Dawan back?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks. I was glad when he left to sign with Jacksonville and I doubt he's gotten any better since. In this draft it would be easier to draft a quality SS so I'm hoping that the Ravens sign a FS in free agency.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
NgataChanceInHell
Rookie

NgataChanceInHell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hello gentlemen. I'm new here, but once I get the feel of this place down I hope to be a regular contributor to this fine forum.
NgataChanceInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the name dude! welcome to the boards.

Also how much do you guys think Dansby will demand in FA? DO you think we have enough to sign him? I would love for us to get him for a short 1-2 year deal then just stock pile talent on D w/o rushing their development.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Love the name dude! welcome to the boards.

Also how much do you guys think Dansby will demand in FA? DO you think we have enough to sign him? I would love for us to get him for a short 1-2 year deal then just stock pile talent on D w/o rushing their development.
Typically, you'd think someone like Dansby, as an older MIKE, wouldn't command much. But since every team will look at him as an ideal stopgap, his value will go up a little more than we'd expect. I don't think we could get him on a Marcus Spears-esque deal, and it might end up more than Canty's. It's hard to peg where the market will be. Maybe 3year/10 million, but I could be way off.

Justin Durant is another guy I'm keeping my eye on. He'd bring some speed to the inside and he might end up getting a similar contract or less than Dansby. He's set to turn 28 by the beginning of the season but he's not as good of a fit in an odd front.

Michael Huff has visited the Cowboys (he's from nearby Irving) but they don't have the cap space. As long as we don't insult him with our offer, I think we have a great chance of locking him up.

Last edited by America : 03-25-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are bringing in Mike Huff.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We are bringing in Mike Huff.
Saw Schefter's report but no word on terms. I like the signing. He will at the very least provide coverage deep. Not a big playmaker in Oakland though. Let's hope that changes.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, never lived up to his draft status but glad we got him. Solid player and should contribute immediately.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Saw Schefter's report but no word on terms.
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-5b594b9964c0

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens have agreed in principle to a three-year deal with seven-year veteran S Michael Huff

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Looks like it's $6 million for 3 years. I love that deal. Even if Huff isn't anything special with the Ravens it's still a good value. It looks like Baltimore's defense is only missing another starting S and an ILB. They should still have something close to $4 million left in cap space (depending n the structuring of Huff's deal) too.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Looks like it's $6 million for 3 years. I love that deal. Even if Huff isn't anything special with the Ravens it's still a good value. It looks like Baltimore's defense is only missing another starting S and an ILB. They should still have something close to $4 million left in cap space (depending n the structuring of Huff's deal) too.
We could nab two starters in the first two rounds. LT is a need though, might have to invest one of those picks there. Hypothetically, we could field something like this:

DT - Jones/Spears
NT - Ngata/Cody/Tyson
DE - Canty/McPhee
OLB - Dumervil/Upshaw
ILB - Arthur Brown (1st)/Ayanbadejo
ILB - McClain/Bynes
OLB - Suggs/McClellan
CB - Webb/Brown
FS - Huff/Ihedigbo
SS - Eric Reid (2nd)/Christian Thompson
CB - Graham/Smith

You could put out a lot of different looks with those guys.

Edit: Reid had a great pro day. Not happening in the 2nd.

Last edited by America : 03-27-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I think the needs for both sides of the ball have been narrowed down to ILB, S, LT, and WR. I'm not a fan of any of the LT prospects that should be available when the Ravens are picking so if they're going to spend any more money on free agents that's the position I want them to go after. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens planned to move Oher back to LT and play Reid at RT (his best position and what he was drafted for) either. If that's their thinking then Baltimore might be done in free agency considering all the picks they have in the draft.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the second wave FA moves by the Ravens. Doom and Huff (who I, like everyone else, loved at Texas) cushion the losses of Kruger and Reed quite nicely. Combined with our rebuilt defensive line and a few value draft picks, our defense could be shaping up. I still think we need a veteran receiver presence working the middle of the field, but Ozzie is shoring things up quite nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

I assume their next order of business will be to try to bring back Mckinnie
Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Dumervil and Hoff signing. Bringing McKinnie back would solidify the tackle position next year or atleast before going into the draft.

I am confident going forward with this roster the upcomming season, but one thing that worries me a bit is, that we never get to see what talent we really have at certain positions. Our young guys have a difficult time going past these proven veterans - I acknowledge, that it might be because our young depth guys are not good enough, and we have had great succes picking up free agent veterans, but it is still a concern to me.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been pretty happy with how Ozzie is handling the roster. We just couldn't keep Kruger, Reed, or Ellerbe at the price they wanted. Same thing happened to Grubbs. Pollard was trouble enough to get rid of and is replaceable for the most part. The only one I really don't like was Boldin

Doom and Huff are solid additions. Right players at the right price. We grabbed a pair of good DEs and can now kick Ngata to NT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

With boldin I dont think we can bring in Huff or Dumervil. I need to check the cap situation to be sure.

“[The Ravens got] guys who are hungry, guys who would like to get a Super Bowl ring of their own,” said ProFootballTalk.com’s Mike Florio. “I’m a firm believer that if a team truly wants to win more than one Super Bowl you need some veterans who don’t have a Super Bowl ring to put that hunger into the locker room. They got two guys now in Elvis Dumervil and Michael Huff.”

I hate Florio but he does bring up real good points this time. Dumervil and Huff but dont forget about Webb and McClain. Those 2 players missing out on playing in the super bowl will really help the atmosphere and make the team be focused.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are the thoughts on maybe Upshaw moving to ILB? Obviously he can be a run stopper, but I would worry about him covering the flats and his short area quickness, definitely a thought though at least situationally.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I just read about that.

At the very least, it's worth a try. I worry about his weight at 270 and I think the better option would be to rotate him and Doom, with Doom obviously in on passing downs and Upshaw on run downs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ield-together/