Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk anything about him personally I do know the oline sucked this year. Many reporters are saying there are 2 many cooks in the kitchen with Castillo and Moeller so idk what Washington is doing in regards to the oline
Old 12-10-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's hard to say anything about him. With the way the line has performed though I don't know if I would want anybody from this staff.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Elam impressed again around the LOS and he hasn't been a complete disaster at FS this year. We need a true ball hawk so we can let him play in a troy p/bob sanders role. IDK if he will ever be a DPOY but he can be a stud
Old 12-16-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Tucker is our best player. He is killing it.

I agree on Elam. He is making more plays as of late. I think with more time and a complementing safety he can be an impact guy.

How about Jimmy Smith? He is becoming the guy. He is confident and has the tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK what we are going to do this off season because we need to remember that Torrey and Jimmy are FA next off season. I hope we can keep Elam Webb and Smith together for more then just next season. That gives us the opportunity to be as crazy as you want with our front 7
Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually I learned recently that Jimmy Smith isn't a free agent after next season. Baltimore has an option for a 5th year of his deal, which makes sense since he was a first round pick.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so impressed with Daryl Smith, not just his play but he seems to do a good job as a leader.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

oh sweet IDK that. But im sure we will try to extend him whenever we can to hopefully save us some money.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm so impressed with Daryl Smith, not just his play but he seems to do a good job as a leader.

I told my friends this I hope Arthur Brown is really taking notes from him. Im sure Smith will get more $ elsewhere which sucks because he is such a stud.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Actually I learned recently that Jimmy Smith isn't a free agent after next season. Baltimore has an option for a 5th year of his deal, which makes sense since he was a first round pick.
You are correct. If he keeps progressing we will probably resign him. We tend to keep our home talent. We've done a good job knowing who to keep and who to let go.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 12-17-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

anyone think Peas will be a HC candidate for some places this off season? I was thinking he coached under 2 elite HC. What he did with the defense last year with all of those injuries was very impressive. If he keeps our defense playing like they did last night he maybe in the mix.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I hope so.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lol yeah that was probably all wishful thinking on my part. Im not the biggest fan of his schemes either but he is producing.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win but that red zone offense has to get so much better.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Lions are the best red zone D but I agree we need to step it up
Old 12-17-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so glad Jimmy's taken the step forward has started to become the player I thought he'd be when we drafted him. Not gonna lie, I thought this was a year that was really his make it or break it year where his career could go in one of two directions and if I'm being honest, I thought it was gonna go the other way but I'm happy to be wrong in this case.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

It seems like a lot of corners take a couple seasons until they really start playing well. There are some exceptions but generally it's hard to judge one of them after his first season or two. Smith dealt with a lot of somewhat minor/nagging injuries so far as well and that can't have helped.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ngata also played out of his mind as well.

And Eugene Monroe isn't playing as well as I expected. Maybe I expected too much. I hope we don't resign him for the 7.5-8 million a year like some people were predicting.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Monroe had a couple of rough plays last night but he's still been really good for the Ravens. Getting Osemele back, or any competent LG (and C), would be a tremendous help too. There's no doubt in mind mind that Baltimore re-signs him. The front office is pretty good with contracts so I'm not worried about the cap impact it will have.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night proved to me, that Elam belongs up in the box more as the strong safety. Its clear he feels much more comfortable there.

I've never been a fan of Pees and his scheme, and I still can't figure out if he does some very god things at times, or if he just has a good supporting cast. If he leaves, we might get a more aggressive coordinator, if he stays, then at least it is some stability at the position.

Jimmy smith, boy, did he prove his talent last night. We had a very clear image in mind when we drafted him. Last night, I guess we all saw what the front office envisioned. I'm glad he figured out how to combine his physical skillset with the mental aspect of the game.

I don't know, how much money Daryl Smith made during his year in Jacksonville, but I do hope, we can extend him for 2-3 years. There is no reason not to. He might be one of the leading candidates for comeback player of the year.

Oline has played better these last couple of games, and Monroe is a big reason. He made some quite costly mistakes last night, but that seemed like a fluke compared to the rest of the games he played. I see no reason why we shouldn't extend him and build a dominant left side of the oline.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daryl Smith seems to fit the profile of players Ozzie usually just lets go.

I'm assuming they'll make resiging Monroe and giving Jimmy Smith an extension the two big offseason priorities.

I'm hoping they bring back Jacoby Jones.

Last edited by asham27 : 12-17-2013 at 05:40 PM.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

A lot of guy we want back which means we are bringing in the right guys. I think Smith will stick around on a semi reasonable deal. He is playing well in our defense and want exactly a hot commodity when we signed him. If not MLB is a position easier to replace and we have Brown who will step in soon.

I'd also love to bring back Jacoby Jones. He changes the game on returns and has been pretty good at receiver. He isn't more than a #3 but he is playing well. If we pay him we better not pull him off returns. I hate when teams do that to protect their investment.

I think Monroe will be back but we'we'll see once the market is set. I think with better interior play next to him he will look better. He has been good overall.

Pitta will be back, even if we have to tag him. He is crucial to our team and a close teammate to Flacco. Ozzie doesn't let guys like him walk. He will get paid but he is worth it for what he does for our team.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 12-18-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by asham27 View Post
Daryl Smith seems to fit the profile of players Ozzie usually just lets go.

I'm assuming they'll make resiging Monroe and giving Jimmy Smith an extension the two big offseason priorities.

I'm hoping they bring back Jacoby Jones.
I would be really surprised to see Baltimore give Jimmy Smith an extension right now. They'll still have him under a cheap rookie contract for two more seasons and the front office rarely gives out extensions before current deals run out. They usually have to wait to give out the bigger deals anyways because they have to stagger them to fit under the cap without causing major problems.

To me Daryl Smith and Jacoby Jones are playing themselves out of Baltimore's price range. Both are doing pretty well and will likely see some bigger money offers from other teams. Like always the Ravens aren't going to have a lot of room to work with and there are more important players to spend their cap space on.

http://russellstreetreport.com/nfl-d...14-salary-cap/

Quote:
PRESENT 2014 CAP SPACE: The Ravens presently have 37 players under contract for 2014, amounting to a Salary Cap commitment of $111,872,323. That would put the Ravens at $13,925,802 under the projected Salary Cap of $126.3M, but again, that is with only 37 players under contract. Once the Ravens have tendered their Restricted Free Agents (RFAs) and Exclusive Rights Free Agents (ERFAs) that available Cap space will be greatly reduced.
With Jacoby Jones you also have to consider the type of player he is and his age. He'll be 30 next year and is a guy that's main value is pretty much solely based on his athleticism. Once Jones starts losing that he becomes irrelevant. If he wants a relatively bigger deal (for what he is and does) I think there's a front office not located in Baltimore that will throw stupid money at him.

Daryl Smith is also getting up there in age but he's somewhat less reliant on his athleticism and age won't slow him down as much as it will a guy like Jones. I think Arthur Brown moves to his role next year though with Josh Bynes starting next to him (after McClain gets cut to open up some more cap space). We've seen this team's willingness to move on from any ILB not named Lewis over the years. McClain is about the only other guy I can think of off the top of my head that's gotten a second contract.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 12-18-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Arthur Brown maybe in the dog house or he is just under producing he was on the field for 12 of the 56 snaps out of the nickel. Still his talent is great I hope he develops.

It is tough to decide with Jones/Smith/Ihedigbo Jones is our offensive spark plug, Smith is our 2nd or 3rd best defender and I have the least amount of faith in our S behind Ihedibo then I do w/ our WR behind Jones and LB behind Smith
Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ers-final-word

BTW
"I just feel like we're destined for greatness," Matt Elam

Looks like he may very well develop into our vocal leader.