Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love that deal for Monroe. I thought he was the best OT available as well. We got lucky how the market filled out really. We need to decide on where KO goes if it is LG or RT and still look at another C.

I'd be pretty happy to add Owen Daniels. He shouldn't be too expensive, fits the offense obviously, and would be a really nice weapon as the #2 TE. I think there is a pretty decent chance we sign him pretty soon.

I'd like to see what we do at WR. We have been linked to Steve Smith and Julian Edelman. I'd much prefer to bring in a vet instead of a early draft pick honestly. I just want to get Flacco a great set of weapons after seeing him struggle with only Torrey this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:26 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any news on Daryl Smith? I really want him back, and hoping that the 31 other teams "forgets" about him, so we can scoop him up fairly cheap in a day or two.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I've heard about Smith is that he and the Ravens aren't close to agreeing on money. With as much as guys like Dansby and Jackson got I'm not surprised that Smith would be asking more a good chunk of money or the Ravens for balking at a price in that range. Maybe they'll get lucky again like with Monroe and Smith won't be as valuable as he thinks on the open market.

Man I don't know how I'd feel about Edelman coming in. He's never been a guy that's struck me as anything special, especially if it means Tom Brady isn't throwing him the ball. Apparently the Ravens like Emmanuel Sanders too. He's a bit lower on my list than Edelman. I'm still betting that they're going after a wide receiver in the first couple of rounds in the draft regardless of what happen in free agency, even more so if what they end up adding is Steve Smith's ghost. I don't think a wide receiver group of Smith, Edelman/most free agents, and Brown is anything solid and would still need another play-maker.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The only thing I've heard about Smith is that he and the Ravens aren't close to agreeing on money. With as much as guys like Dansby and Jackson got I'm not surprised that Smith would be asking more a good chunk of money or the Ravens for balking at a price in that range. Maybe they'll get lucky again like with Monroe and Smith won't be as valuable as he thinks on the open market.

Man I don't know how I'd feel about Edelman coming in. He's never been a guy that's struck me as anything special, especially if it means Tom Brady isn't throwing him the ball. Apparently the Ravens like Emmanuel Sanders too. He's a bit lower on my list than Edelman. I'm still betting that they're going after a wide receiver in the first couple of rounds in the draft regardless of what happen in free agency, even more so if what they end up adding is Steve Smith's ghost. I don't think a wide receiver group of Smith, Edelman/most free agents, and Brown is anything solid and would still need another play-maker.
Only team I've seen Smith connected with, besides the Ravens, at this point is Denver. And at this time it seems that every single FA is mentionend as a possible signing for the Broncos.
Good point about the Jackson and Dansby deals. No way we are paying him anything close to that kind of coin. I have nothing to back it up with, just have a gut feeling that heŽll be a Raven for a reasonable prize, sometime within the next couple of days. Its just such a classic Ozzie move. We'll see how it plays out.

Regarding Edelman, as long as he doesn't get more than like 4 mill a year, I would love to see him work the slot in Baltimore. Savvy routerunner with good hands. He fits the profile of that "chain moving WR" that the FO have been talking about adding. I love Steve Smith, he is one of my favourite WRs from the last decade, but I seriously wonder how much he got left at this point.
Agree about the draft. So much talent at the WR position, that I would love to see in Baltimore. Wether it be Evans (probably unrealistic that he falls) Beckham JR or Moncrief in round 1, or another talented guy in round 2 or 3.
The Monroe signing really gave us free hands to operate in the draft.
A line up of Torrey, Beckham JR, Edelman and Pitta for example would be a very nice arsenal of weapons for Flacco.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fee like Steve Smith has at least 1 good year left in him! I wouldn't mind getting him at all at the right price!
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Four years for Jacoby Jones is too long for my tastes. Hopefully the money and structuring isn't anything too burdensome. I'm not disappointed that he's still going to be returning kicks and punts for the Ravens though, and he'll probably be focused on that role even more if/when another quality receiver (maybe two?) are brought in.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Four years for Jacoby Jones is too long for my tastes. Hopefully the money and structuring isn't anything too burdensome. I'm not disappointed that he's still going to be returning kicks and punts for the Ravens though, and he'll probably be focused on that role even more if/when another quality receiver (maybe two?) are brought in.
If we could find a way to get Steve Smith or Edlemen while getting a WR in the draft. I would be fine with him focusing on PR/KR and having him come in when needed. I really do hope we have plans to add more at WR.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

If we sign Steve Smith, I must buy a #89 jersey with "Ice up Son" stitched as the name.. I love that little fella.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure the Jones deal isn't too bad. He is a great return man and needs to keep doing that well. There is no good reason to take him off their. I still want to add a vet and a decent draft pick on a receiver. I'd be more on board for a 2 year Steve Smith than a long term Edelman. Let's see how it plays out.

Daryl Smith wants more money but I'm not sure how strong his market is. All the big deals for ILBs seems to have happened. Hopefully he comes back for a more reasonable deal.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-13-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really iffy on the idea of signing Steve Smith.

I love the way he plays, love his intensity and we could def. use a player of his style however, he was hurt a few times last year, he'll be 35 with the season starts and his production has been steadily declining.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would love to have him here, I'm just hoping we don't overpay, cause isn't that the reason we cut Boldin?
Old 03-13-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I highly doubt the Ravens would overpay Smith and the money he will still be getting from Carolina will probably help keep his price down.Even though he's 35 I wouldn't mind the move because I'm still of the belief that the Ravens are drafting a wide receiver in the first couple of rounds so they will have the his replacement ready in a year or two.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Smith won't cost that much and won't be around more than 2 years max so his contract shouldn't be a major issue. Ravens absolutely need to still aggressively draft a WR though.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-13-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far I like what we are doing. Locking up Monroe, Pitta and Jones secure our LT, TE and returner spot, while McClellan, Miles and the other safeties provide backup and ST value. Filling spots this way gives ozzie and the rest the opportunity to draft bpa come draftday.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder what they do for the RT position.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I like the deal they brought Daryl Smith back with. A little long for a guy that turned 32 today but it's a good value nonetheless. Especially compared to what D'Qwell Jackson and Karlos Dansby (who's actually older than Smith) were paid. Looks like inside linebacker is pretty much set now.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so far all the guys we have re-signed are cheaper then I thought we would have gotten them. With Steve Smith now we so far wont lose comp picks we would get.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Anyone know how much cap space that leaves us?
3 yrs 10.5 mill

John Wall
Old 03-14-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

They had $10-12 million in cap space left after re-signing Daryl Smith and I'm guessing Steve's cap hit for the first year will be around $2-3 million so there should be a nice chunk of cap room left.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Tennessee signed Oher to a 4-year $20 million contract.

I was really starting to worry he might be back with Baltimore given the cap space they still have.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:21 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

I really want us to give Will Montgomery a call.
- Has started 48 straight games in Washington, only missing a total of 11 offensive snaps the last 2 years.
- Good grades in both pass and run blocking from PFF fwiw.
- Won't cost a ton of money.
- Assuming he has a wife and kids, he won't need to relocate from the DC area.
- Has a ton of experience playing in a ZBS scheme..
Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus we save our comp picks. We should get 3 with graham oher and jones. Possibly 4 with Ihedibo
Old 03-15-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far in free agency the Ravens have lost 4 previous starters.
That being OT, S, ILB and DE.
Yet we've also gotten stronger in certain positions.
Such as,
WR - resigning Jacoby + acquiring Steve Smith.
and also LT (Monroe) and ILB (Smith)
However, I see some urgent weaknesses we must address immediately.
1) Interior Offensive Line: Both Shipley and Gradkowski are less than average starters in this league. And at center, it's crucial, and this weakness is easy to exploit. (Hence, Ray Rice's poor rushing stats) That being said, I'm assuming Osemele will shift to RT - full time. Which leaves either Shipley or Jah Reid?? at OG. Not gonna cut it..
Alex Mack, Davin Joseph, Willie Colon & Brian De La Puente are all possible options.
2) Safety: James Ihedigbo is gone + wasn't special. That leaves Elam to pair up with Omar Brown, most likely. Again.. not gonna cut it.
Chris Clemons and Champ Bailey are 2 free agents that could generate some buzz.

Last edited by GoRavens : 03-15-2014 at 12:42 PM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I really want us to give Will Montgomery a call.
- Has started 48 straight games in Washington, only missing a total of 11 offensive snaps the last 2 years.
- Good grades in both pass and run blocking from PFF fwiw.
- Won't cost a ton of money.
- Assuming he has a wife and kids, he won't need to relocate from the DC area.
- Has a ton of experience playing in a ZBS scheme..
He intrigues me too. I'm hoping they sign one of the remaining free agent centers. Gradkowski probably won't ever cut it but they still have Jensen to develop and getting a guy like Montgomery in for a bit would be nice. Of course I'd be pretty happy if they somehow manged to snag Mack away from the Browns too. De La Puente is out there as well.

There isn't much left on the free safety market but I wouldn't mind Chris Clemons being brought in. He seems like a solid player that would fit well with Elam but still give the defense some versatility (for the time when someone else besides Pees is calling the shots of course).
Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Why was Ozzie reluctant to clog Cap w/ tag for Monroe ($11.654M)? Since then - Monroe/Jacoby/DSmith/SSmith/McClellan/Miles = $11.595M

what a boss.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

How would you guys feel if we bring in LeGarrate Blount to be our bruiser power back?