Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-05-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A late round guy could be Devin Street WR from PITT. He has the connection w/ Bobby Engram. He is a tall WR w/ pretty solid combine numbers for his height.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...1/devin-street
Old 04-05-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I love Evans, but I also love big WRs too. He is a no brained if he is there at 17. I'd be in favor of moving up if he slips out of the top 10. I just really don't want him to end up with the Steelers.
I'm with you on that even though wide receiver isn't a big immediate need at the moment. At this point I would bet large sums of money that he doesn't even come close to lasting until the 17th pick though. Probably not the top 10 either. Even though this is a really good group at that position he and Watkins are in a class of their own.

If the Ravens do wait a bit on a receiver a guy I'm hoping lasts until their 3rd round pick is Brandon Coleman. I firmly believe that he was severely limited by the quarterback play at Rutgers over the past few seasons.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We aren't dire in any real positions now in my mind. We are pretty wide open at 17. We can legit go BPA and just get talent. I'd like to add a WR and the depth in this draft is good to get one as well. RT is a concern but Wagner will get a chance and RT isn't that much of a premium position. We need a FS but we'll see how the value plays out.

I'd really love to get more bodies on the DL. The near future of Canty and Ngata isn't clear and we can always use more proven bodies. Same with a pass rusher. You can never have too many good DL and pass rushers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think free safety is a huge need, probably bigger than anything we've seen going into the last few drafts. It's a good thing that it's the only position you can say that about but it's still something that needs to be resolved and probably with a fairly high pick.

Right tackle would be next on my list if Osemele stays at left guard. I disagree about it not being a premium position. There are too many good pass-rushers coming from both sides of the defense these days to not have a good player at both positions. Apparently the team likes Wagner though so it will be interesting to see what happens. If Osemele does get kicked out to right tackle then left guard would be a need but I'd put it lower on the list than what right tackle would have been. I feel like left guard can be filled easier than right tackle, especially in Kubiak's system.

With that said I still would like Zack Martin as a potential left guard pick. Him being able to play right tackle is also part of it but I think Martin would come in and be the top backup at left tackle too. Right now they don't have anybody for that role and the front office's love for versatile offensive lineman is obvious.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is so weird:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-nfl-offseason

So Matt Elam is spending his off season working part time in a sneaker store in Florida.. You don't see a lot first round picks doing that these days..
Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him. He wants to open his own sports store one day so he is testing it out.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-08-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that. It's good to see someone who has good plans after football.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep. My thoughts as well. I think he is a smart kid. It also impressed me that he went through the whole draft process last year without an agent, and negotiated his own rookie deal. Obviously easier now a days with the rookie wage scale and all that, but still cool of a 21 year old guy fresh out of college.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I just hope he gets a real ball hawk FS next to him he can shine in the true SS role. I would love to see him all over in a Troy P/Brian Dawkins role
Old 06-09-2014, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=upDDFqJ5AQw

We were missing this attitude last season. Hopefully Steve can replace the intensity pollard and Boldin brought.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I'm hoping Smith give the offense that edge it needs.

Am I the only one who is really optimistic about the offense? I have a lot of faith in Kubiak to run an offense to to bottom. We have added two nice pass catchers with Smith and Daniels and we get Pitta back full time. No more relying on old Stokely and Clark. I just think Kubiak has the experience to completely manage the offensive side of the team.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 06-09-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Smith and Daniels are nice additions but not huge in my opinion. There's a lot of hype surrounding Smitty but we have to remember he's 35 years old now. Is he an upgrade over Brown and Jones as the #2 option at wide receiver? Probably, but I don't know if there should be big expectations from him like I get the feeling there are. Daniels is a solid upgrade over Dickson but I don't know what his role will be. Kubiak runs a lot of multiple tight end plays but the second tight end hasn't been a huge part of his passing offense either (unless that second tight end had to step in for Daniels when he was hurt). Zuttah is the biggest addition in my eyes and he should be a substantial upgrade to the offensive line. And that's assuming he's just decent. If the offensive line gets their act together then that should be huge for the offense.

Right now there's a ton of pressure on Kubiak to turn the offense around. This wasn't a kind draft for Baltimore in terms of adding immediate help on that side of the ball. Honestly I don't know how quickly his scheme can or will take hold with the players but I'm praying it's not going to be a long process. That Cam Cameron crap needs to be thrown out the window immediately and I hope it's not a slow transition where the offense is just gradually molded into Kubiak's image.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I want to be excited about the offense but IDK how Kubiak can make it work. We have a lot of pieces and hopefully Kubiak can fit them all in. I saw a report he doesn't allow audibles so I am kind of concerned about that. Also what if Smith isn't happy with his playing time so he becomes a distraction.

It will be interesting to see who wins the #2 WR battle. I think Marlon Brown has a legit shot, 49 catches and 7 TDs coming off a torn ACL as a rookie is no ********.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

There were some quotes today that makes me feel better about the transition speed of the offense. Here's a few:

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 4h
Dean Pees on how different Gary Kubiak offense is: 'A lot, a lot different. It's got a lot of dag-gone weapons and he knows how to use them'
Quote:
Gary Kubiak: 'I'm throwing the kitchen sink at them. I've got to see what sticks, what they do best. They've been very receptive.'
Quote:
Ravens fullback Kyle Juszczyk: 'I like this offense way better than what we ran last year. I think it's really going to pay off.'
Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Our weapons last year just really sucked so adding some solid players is a big upgrade. Dickson and Clark were not good. I like Brown but I'm worried his yard were just accumulated because he was on the field. His redzone ability and size is legit. His size is good for Flacco and I see him as a #3 for now and hopefully he can stay healthy and develop into a regular.

We couldn't even function properly as an offense last year so just being decent is a big improvement. I still can wrap my heaf around how bad we were running the ball.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-11-2014, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Apparently Arthur Brown has improved light years from last year. I could see that he is apparently a very hard worker. It sucks no matter how good our 3 ILB are they probably would never see the field at the same time.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't quite trust Brown to be a consistent impact performer. He's tall but his game doesn't utilize that height anywhere near to his full advantage. Out of Brown's seven touchdown catches only three of them involved him stretching out vertically. I'm optimistic that he can be a solid possession receiver going forward but without expanding his game, which is certainly possible, I wouldn't expect much more.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Looks like Steve Smith is of to a great start in TC, torching opposing DBs all day, and catching everything thrown his way. This makes me a happy camper.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Will Hill is an interesting signing. the FO seems to not care about character so why should us fans. He does have talent if he gets it together it will be a steal.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

From what I can tell Hill isn't a bad character in terms of being a cancer to the team or even just a bad person in general. He just likes his weed a little too much.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I see that is good. Hopefully he learns from Josh Gordon to stop being an idiot and Elam can help him stay focused.

Some random things I have seen are that Steve Smith is looking well, Stewart is probably going to win the FS spot, and Tyson and Kapron Lewis Moore are both doing well.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Im excited to see how the DL depth steps up. We keep doing losing talent there and new guys come up.

Upshaw is a disappointment again coming in heavy. He isnt going to be an impact player ever.

This off season has been brutal for us. Lets gets some games started alreasy

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 07-26-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Im excited to see how the DL depth steps up. We keep doing losing talent there and new guys come up.

Upshaw is a disappointment again coming in heavy. He isnt going to be an impact player ever.

This off season has been brutal for us. Lets gets some games started alreasy
This is extremely dissapointing to hear, especially after he supposedly looked to be in great shape during OTAs. He simply doesn't seem dedicated enough to fullfill his potential.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

The only thing I've seen on the matter is Hensley saying that he looks bigger than he did in the spring. Nothing concrete (yet).
Old 07-26-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Jordy Nelson got 4 years 39 million a year. That makes me concerned with Torreys contract.