Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-21-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading the baltimore sun it said that both Arthur Jones and David Reed are on the bubble. That scares me because if we dont put either of them on our 53 man roster I doubt we will be able to PS them. But it makes me happy knowing we have that much depth on the team.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Reading the baltimore sun it said that both Arthur Jones and David Reed are on the bubble. That scares me because if we dont put either of them on our 53 man roster I doubt we will be able to PS them. But it makes me happy knowing we have that much depth on the team.
yeah, I really expected more from Jones but Talavou and Divens have been out-preforming him in camp, and you're right, if him or Reed hit the PS, then there's little chance we can keep em.

However, I think Reed has a better chance than Jones.(making the team)
Old 08-21-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we cut Jones his brothers gonna **** Ozzy up....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I had big hopes for Jones. But Divens and Talavou did great in the 1st pre season game. Plus Talavou has been working as a NT and a UT in 43 situations.

How many lineman do you think we will keep? Ngata,Pryce,Redding,Gregg,Cody,Kruger are all safe. Mckinney,Jones,Divens,Talavou are battling it out for the remaining spot/spots.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

A quick 53 man prediction I am pretty bored.

QB-Flacco/Bulger
RB-Rice/McGahee/Parmele
FB-LeRon McClain
WR-Boldin/Clayton/Reed
WR-Mason/Stallworth/Harper
TE-Heap/Dickson/Pitta
LT-Oher/Cousins
LG-Grubbs/Hale
C-Birk
RG-Yanda/Chester
RT-Gaither/Harewood

DE-Ngata/Kruger/Divens
DT-Gregg/Cody/Tavalu
DE-Pryce/Redding/Jones
OLB-Suggs/Barnes
ILB-Lewis/Gooden
ILB-Ellerbe/McClain
OLB-Jarrett Johnson/Burgess
CB-Webb/Williams
FS-Zbikowski/Nakamura
SS-Landry/Hamlin
CB-Washington/Carr/Gerard

K-Graham
P-Koch
LS-Cox
Old 08-21-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A quick 53 man prediction I am pretty bored.

QB-Flacco/Bulger
RB-Rice/McGahee/Parmele
FB-LeRon McClain
WR-Boldin/Clayton/Reed
WR-Mason/Stallworth/Harper
TE-Heap/Dickson/Pitta
LT-Oher/Cousins
LG-Grubbs/Hale
C-Birk
RG-Yanda/Chester
RT-Gaither/Harewood

DE-Ngata/Kruger/Divens
DT-Gregg/Cody/Tavalu
DE-Pryce/Redding/Jones
OLB-Suggs/Barnes
ILB-Lewis/Gooden
ILB-Ellerbe/McClain
OLB-Jarrett Johnson/Burgess
CB-Webb/Williams
FS-Zbikowski/Nakamura
SS-Landry/Hamlin
CB-Washington/Carr/Gerard

K-Graham
P-Koch
LS-Cox
I don't see Justin Harper making it, I don't see the need for 6 WR's when we have such talented TE's in Dickson, Pitta, and Heap.

Replace Harper for a linebacker.. maybe Jason Phillips?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kruger is gonna be fine. We knew he had to put some bulk on when we drafted him. He looks better so far when he gets to play with his hand on the ground but its still only his second season. I still don't get why people care so much about him.

I'm pissed I'm not local for the game today. I have to wait until 7am to watch it on NFLN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Kruger is gonna be fine. We knew he had to put some bulk on when we drafted him. He looks better so far when he gets to play with his hand on the ground but its still only his second season. I still don't get why people care so much about him.

I'm pissed I'm not local for the game today. I have to wait until 7am to watch it on NFLN.
I don't think we "care" for him, its just that me and RWO thought that ERU was wrong to blinding bash him based on 1 rookie season in which he never even saw the field.

and yeah dude, I'm local for the game but I'll miss it too, I'm working 5-10 today, so maybe when I get home I can catch the 3rd or 4th quarters if I'm lucky.. are you positive that it will be on tomorrow at 7 on NFLN?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I don't see Justin Harper making it, I don't see the need for 6 WR's when we have such talented TE's in Dickson, Pitta, and Heap.

Replace Harper for a linebacker.. maybe Jason Phillips?
If Ayanbedejo gets cleared to start the season he could get that spot.

But is anyone opposed to cutting Troy Smith to keep a LB/DL/WR or w/e
Old 08-21-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Ayanbedejo gets cleared to start the season he could get that spot.

But is anyone opposed to cutting Troy Smith to keep a LB/DL/WR or w/e
Doesn't matter if we are opposed or not because frankly this staff won't cut ties with whatever the reasons maybe. Maybe his staying is a sign of the "Suggs' Package" getting the green light.

Frankly I feel we made the wrong decision in keeping him over John Beck especially after bringing in Marc Bulger to be the backup. And this situation will only get uglier after this season.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Doesn't matter if we are opposed or not because frankly this staff won't cut ties with whatever the reasons maybe. Maybe his staying is a sign of the "Suggs' Package" getting the green light.

Frankly I feel we made the wrong decision in keeping him over John Beck especially after bringing in Marc Bulger to be the backup. And this situation will only get uglier after this season.
how so?? (10 char)
Old 08-21-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
how so?? (10 char)
Bulger is gone, and Troy is either a restricted or unrestricted free agent so where's the QB depth coming from exactly?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Bulger is gone, and Troy is either a restricted or unrestricted free agent so where's the QB depth coming from exactly?
It would have been the same way if we kept Beck over Smith.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It would have been the same way if we kept Beck over Smith.
Beck is a guy who knows Cam's system and realizes, most likely, that he is a back up in this league. That allows for continuity in the case of an injury and you can't pay enough for that kind security.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am w/ BigDawg on this one. Troy isnt a real QB after that showing he had last pre season. Beck has more experience w/ Cam then even Flacco. Last pre season Beck was better then Smith.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nakumura should get some run as PR against Zbi, showed some great speed and cutting on that fake punt.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Suggs looked like he can match the hype he got this offseason. He looked a lot quicker and explosive.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

How'd everything else look? Is Cary Williams a legitimate starter when his suspension is over or did he just nab an easy pick? How's he looking?

Did Flacco and the first team offense look okay?

Sorry, I was at work and I missed the whole game, I'm gonna watch it on NFLN at 10 anyways, I just wanted to get some early feedback from you guys before.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I am not ready to call WIlliams a starter, but he definetly should make this team.

McNabb was able to pass on us relatively well. We would play zone coverage and only rush Ngata,Gregg,Redding. It is kind of embarassing actually.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The more I think about it I think we should go to a 43. It is mattisons best fit, even though we have could be a great 34 I think we have enough talent to be a 43. Plus it is mattisons strong point. Our dline could be

RDE-Suggs
DT-Ngata
DT-Cody or Redding
LDE-either JJ or Pryce or Kruger

We could rotate the DT and LDE around. I think that is a fine Dline. Cody has shown he isnt just a fat space eater I think we can make run stops.

at LB I think the only weakspot would be SLB. Jarrett Johnson could play it but he may be a tad slow. I think Ellerbe could play it well. Perhaps McCLain as well. Ray would be on the MLB. And Gooden is built to be a WLB.

Even though I think we are best suited for a 3-4, I think Mattison is too stubborn to run it effective and try to run it like a 43. I think we should consider going 43 full time.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Regardless of who we keep or don't, as shown once again the secondary is our weakness and we need more of a pass rush to help those backs. It doesn't matter if Mattison likes to blitz or not, frankly we need too to win games.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-22-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a combination of below-average corner play and below-average play calling. The corners aren't doing a great job, but Mattison only rushing 3 or 4 on every play isn't going to help anything at all. Frankly if that's the approach he's going to use I agree with Ravens1991 about us going to a 4-3, at least we'll have at least one good pass-rusher (Suggs, who has looked good now that he's back in shape) rushing the passer every day.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well remember, Reed and Webb arent there yet. And they will be later on in the season. It was Washingtons first game back. When we get those 3 back together our secondary will improve. I am not saying its going ot be elite but it will be a better group overall.

But I agree w/ Bigdawg again the pass rush has to improve. Mattison only wants to do the traditional 4 man rush. I dont have a problem w/ that, its just the thing is Suggs is the only above average rusher when we do the traditional pass rush. And that combined w/ a shaky secondary equals a disaster.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well remember, Reed and Webb arent there yet. And they will be later on in the season. It was Washingtons first game back. When we get those 3 back together our secondary will improve. I am not saying its going ot be elite but it will be a better group overall.

But I agree w/ Bigdawg again the pass rush has to improve. Mattison only wants to do the traditional 4 man rush. I dont have a problem w/ that, its just the thing is Suggs is the only above average rusher when we do the traditional pass rush. And that combined w/ a shaky secondary equals a disaster.
agreed 100%, but I thought we did a fair amount of blitzes vs. Washington. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

also a comment on our special teams (returners)

I still can't see why we risk putting Zbikowski back there at PR. I think it's a sure thing that Ed Reed won't be playing a full season this year, so why waste Zbikowski(our next best safety) at PR when we can Clayton or Miller to do it?

Also, I have no idea what David Reed hasn't got a shot at PR or even KR, I'm seriously questioning Jerry Rosburg's ability to evaluate returners.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Lardarius Webb is off PUP and returning to the practice field.

Don't know if he's going to play in the final preseason games though but this is definite good news.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...comes-off-pup/