Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its funny how quick fans are to come to Joe's aid with excuses but won't see that he's holding this team back right now.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah all fair points everyone. IDK what happened to Joe Cool. EVeryone was talking about his pocket prescense and composure his rookie season but it all went away. I watched the game w/ a family friend who was a good OC for HS and he brought up points how when Flacco steps up and has proper mechanics his accuracy improves a lot. I noticed that too its just that he rarely stepped up into the pocket.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Flacco just needs to relax. It seems like he's putting too much pressure on himself because of those lofty expectations. Yeah he shouldn't let it get to him, but he's young.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah it doesnt help when Biscotti came out and said "Its all on Joe this year". I mean look at 2008, everyone thought we would be in contention for a top 10 pick. Flacco was very poised that year, we made it to the AFC title game
Old 09-19-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yeah it doesnt help when Biscotti came out and said "Its all on Joe this year". I mean look at 2008, everyone thought we would be in contention for a top 10 pick. Flacco was very poised that year, we made it to the AFC title game
More excuses.

Joe needs to fix this yesterday. He's ******* up and he needs to not blame anyone else for his **** ups.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Its not an excuse, its Joes fault he is crumbling under the pressure its joes fault his mechanics are terrible, I know that. I am saying he got a ******** of pressure on him this year and it is looking like Joe cant handle it.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that game just reiterates how important it is to run to set up the pass. We have always been a run first team then pass to get out of jams, only we haven't had what should be a very comfortable safety blanket as we do now. Did Flacco and Sanchez switch places today? Joe didn't look as confident as he usually does, he threw the ball away on far too many plays, may be a product of the Bengals D but either way he did not look sharp mentally one bit. It's still early and with the Brownies coming up for a confidence booster I expect a rebound game this week, but all the confidence in the world means nothing if you can't win close games against top level defenses. We did it vs. The Jets and a very shaky Sanchez but the Bengals still have our number and until we can get that monkey of our back our superbowl dreams are grounded. Again I expect us to turn it around but for now it's 7 days of depression until Sunday...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's bizarre to me that our teams are starting to mirror each other so much.

Both offenses should be producing way more than they are but the defense is solid enough to bail them out.

It was a good AFCN game, glad to get the win obviously. Should be another battle in Baltimore. Hoping both teams beat up on the Steelers so the week 17 game can be for the division.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco looked atrocious yesterday. We really need to figure out what is going on there, because he was shaky in the opener as well. This is a team that is built to win now...The defense is playing out of its mind (still haven't allowed a TD all season), and we have a strong running game if Cam Cameron ever decides to use Ray Rice. Flacco needs to step the hell up at this point, the growing pains are supposed to be over by season 3, especially since you started the previous 2 seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I was shocked how many ppl on espn today were on the Ravens side regarding those 2 penalties. Those penalties gave them 6 points.

I admit tehy were BS penalities but you cant blame the refs for Flacco throwing 4 picks.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was shocked how many ppl on espn today were on the Ravens side regarding those 2 penalties. Those penalties gave them 6 points.

I admit tehy were BS penalities but you cant blame the refs for Flacco throwing 4 picks.
Well they have to take the stance against the refs because frankly every game it seems that they get worse and worse with their calls. The Ray Lewis call, thats 50/50 to me because yeah maybe Ray took an extra roll to initiate contact with Carson to get him down but Carson also made sure to stumble over Ray in order to get a flag.

But the Suggs call is inexcusable PERIOD! END OF DISCUSSION! Its absolutely ******* ridiculous the extent they go to call this ******** on defensive players DOING THEY'RE JOBS! Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to see mandated in the new CBA that QB's now are playing under flag football rules.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-20-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news we get Cary Williams back. With the way our secondary has played so far I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it's nice to have another capable corner on the roster. With Gooden potentially having a serious shoulder injury I wouldn't be surprised to see us put him on IR to make room for Williams. He's the Demetrius Williams of the defense, a ton of talent but just can't stay healthy. I wouldn't be too worried about it though as we have McClain and Ellerbe and Ayanbandejo might come back in a few weeks as well.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Suggs call was a joke. The Ray call I see both sides. Ray was pushed and happened to roll into Carson but I do think it's the right idea to call it as long as it's consistent to prevent guys from just rolling when they fall.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah I wonder who we are going to cut for WIlliams Reed and Ayanbedejo. I could see us IR Gooden. Ayanbedejo can come in and take his cover roll well. I could see us cutting Prince Miller again so Cary Williams can gain a spot. And then for REed maybe we cut Ken Hamlin who knows.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys got screwed. Awful calls!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Exactly, you can turn the ball over 4 times and expect to win the game.

Flacco had a bad day. Im not going to freak out about it. He played 2 tough defenses in a row and made some poor decisions. If he can get the offense to be be stable, then we are still in great shape. We are still a team built on defense.

I thought the D did a good job limiting points .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 09-21-2010 at 01:25 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cut Hamlin for Cary Williams. I'm glad that we cut ties with Hamlin, he's just not good and Carr can play some FS if need be.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea we are so stacked at S its ridic. I wonder who we will cut for Ayanbedejo and Reed. I could see us cutting Prince Miller then IR Gooden.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Gooden's supposed to be out only 4-6 weeks so I don't think we'll IR him, but if he has any setbacks I don't think we'll hesitate to just IR him for Ayanbadejo. If I had to guess we'll cut Phillips, Divens, or Prince Miller when/if Reed and Ayanbadejo return.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamlin was cut today to make room for Cary Williams.

I can see Prince Miller getting cut in the near future to make space for Reed.

Unfortunately, I think Zbikowski will stay at the PR spot, it's not that he's a bad returner, its just that I'd rather not risk him being out there and getting hurt (Reed, Stallworth) IDK why Harbaugh takes the gamble.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:54 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you haven't watched this already, do it now. An awesome, new NFL Films piece on Ray Ray called 'The Ray Lewis Coaching Tree'.

There's three parts but the first one will link you up to the next two.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...ng-tree-Part-I
Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should post that in the NFL forum, I bet alot of people there would appreciate it. Thats really cool, I enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Long live Ray Lewis!!!! I hope he stays apart of the Ravens, whether its a legit coaching position or a life time "defensive consultant". I know he is opening up some businesses in the MD area so he will stay. Plus his daughters name is Rayven so I dont think he would be tempted to take a coaching job somewhere else.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does it seem you all want Prince Miller to be cut? He is the only guy on the team who can return punts, maybe our dickhead coach should give him a shot. And also ENOUGH with starting Jameel McClain this guy is awful!! Get Ellerbe in there for good!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Why does it seem you all want Prince Miller to be cut? He is the only guy on the team who can return punts, maybe our dickhead coach should give him a shot. And also ENOUGH with starting Jameel McClain this guy is awful!! Get Ellerbe in there for good!
I don't hate Miller, I just think the coaches see him as just a player to fill a roster spot. If it was up to me, I'd have him back there returning punts, not Tom Zbikowski.

I even read earlier on the Sun that we're putting Lardarius Webb back at the PR spot.(haven't they learned from there mistakes??) I seriously am questioning Harbaugh and Rosberg's decisions with the PR game. Use a guy like Josh Wilson or Prince Miller. Don't put Webb back there and risk another injury, just like they ruined Webb's season last year, just like they ruined Stallworth start to the reason, just like the wasted Ed Reed. DONT FREAKIN WASTE YOUR STARTERS IN THE GOD DAMN PR GAME!