Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We weren't even getting wrecked by blitzes last night, it was the front four every single time. They were just running tackle/end stunts that any pop warner team could identify and for some reason Oher and Grubbs couldnt get a handle on it. Atlanta didn't need to blitz, their front 4 raped us all night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout we're just not that good, look at the teams we've beaten....

Cleveland (lower level team)
Miami (lower level team)
Buffalo (winless team that took us to OT)
Jets (Overrated team, but you could argue its our only good win)
Denver (lower level team)
Pittsburgh (without Roethlisberger, extremely counterfeit win)

Whenever we play a good team that actually has its QB we lose. We're the best mediocre team in the NFL, come playoff time the Pats, Colts, or Steelers will rock us with relative ease.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
We weren't even getting wrecked by blitzes last night, it was the front four every single time. They were just running tackle/end stunts that any pop warner team could identify and for some reason Oher and Grubbs couldnt get a handle on it. Atlanta didn't need to blitz, their front 4 raped us all night.
You gotta give Abraham some credit, he's one of the best pass-rushers in the league. Babineaux is pretty good from the DT spot as well. I agree with the main point though, our OL hasn't been great. I think we've had too many people at different positions this season compared to last. We've got three new starters this year - Oher at LT, Chester at RG, and Yanda at RT. Yanda hasn't been a problem at all so he can't be blamed. Oher has struggled in pass protection and Chester has struggled in everything. I think we need to get a different guy at RG, somebody that can get a push in the running game so our inside runs actually are consistently productive.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:45 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our cornerbacks are absolutely pathetic. Horrible. Weak, Dumb, Suckers.
I hate all of them. Except Webb, but he's so inconsistent. We need to get rid of Fabian at the end of the season. Josh Wilson is alright, but not a starter. Chris Carr is a nickle guy. Mark my words, one of these guys will be a Raven next year.
- Ras I Dowling
- Curtis Brown
- Rashad Carmichael
- Chykie Brown
Old 11-13-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are all awful CB options. I don't want any of them. Dowling is a FS at the next level, he absolutely can't turn his hips and run with NFL WRs. Curtis Brown I might be ok with, but we would have to take him in the first and I like him more as a second round value. I'd like Jimmy Smith in the second more then any of those guys in the first.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Son,
just how is Rashad Carmichael a bad pick in the late 1st/ late second range?
Have you seen him play?
Have you seen his stats?
In all honesty, we should trade up & grab Patrick Peterson. He's exactly the player we need, I'd be so happy.
Prince Amukamara is a beast as well
Old 11-14-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why dont we have Webb return kicks? Anyone else wonder that. He isnt a starter so it isnt too much of a risk. Plus he took that one to the house last season.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Why dont we have Webb return kicks? Anyone else wonder that. He isnt a starter so it isnt too much of a risk. Plus he took that one to the house last season.
Didn't he just fumble it last game?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:52 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He fumbled on a punt return.

I like David Reed at KR, or at least I'd like to see Harbaugh and Rosburg give him a bit more opportunities until they pull him.

To be honest with all you guys, what was ever wrong with Jalen Parmele? He ran hard, don't remember him funbling or committing a stupid penalty. he always seemed to bring the ball out to around the 30-35 yard yard line.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another victim of the Harbaugh doghouse is suppose.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
He fumbled on a punt return.

I like David Reed at KR, or at least I'd like to see Harbaugh and Rosburg give him a bit more opportunities until they pull him.

To be honest with all you guys, what was ever wrong with Jalen Parmele? He ran hard, don't remember him funbling or committing a stupid penalty. he always seemed to bring the ball out to around the 30-35 yard yard line.
He brought the ball out of the end-zone when he should have taken a knee WAY too much. Yeah he didn't fumble, but he wasn't getting anywhere either. What you're remembering is from last season, not this year. I don't think we should crucify a guy for fumbling once either, it's going to happen. Webb and Wilson are probably our top two options at KR, but Wilson is playing more on defense and it looks like Webb is going to return punts. I liked what I saw from David Reed last game though, I hope we see him there again.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is random but w/ the Panthers coming up next week Id figured Ill vent.

Im sick and tired of all these losers w/ no athletic experience or no football experience talk **** and talk down upon anyone who says Ward is a dirty player. When out of the ******* nfl player vote he was voted the dirtiest. That grinds my gears beyond belief. The debate has come up recently after Ward missed part of the game due to that helmet to helmet hit.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see the team give Prince Miller a chance to be our returner.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 11-15-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

i agree but who would we knock out of the 53 man roster to give him a shot. It would be parmele I guess.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd keep Parmele, and throw out Hamlin.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

I cannot STAND Joe Flacco. Mediocre!

That is all
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
i agree but who would we knock out of the 53 man roster to give him a shot. It would be parmele I guess.
David Reed
Marcus Smith
Fabian Washington
Jameel McClain
Brendan Ayanbedejo
Jalen Parmele
Ken Hamlin

or of course the ol master of street clothes.....

Paul Kruger

Any of them sittin down wont hurt.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 11-17-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

To be honest, I like what I've seen out of David Reed as the returner. I say give the guy a shot on punts as well. But it wont matter when we draft Jerrel Jernigan in the 3rd in April. Oh, I can dream...
Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

anyone else think on passing downs we try McClain @ OLB? He was a DE in college so he obviously has experience rushing the passer. Plus if he played ILB he could be fine at coverage at OLB.

But unfourtanetly experimenting is not in Mattisons mind.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

McClain looks awful at ILB. The guy has no explosion, can't close in space, and is downright brutal in coverage. He needs to be replaced immediately. Gooden is useless outside of passing downs, but Ellerbe needs to be manning that spot.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

unfourtanetly Harbs hates Ellerbe. And Gooden maybe the worst 34 ILB in the NFL. The guy is just fast and thats it.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Thinking about it should we give Jason Phillips a shot?

McClain has proven to be nothing special.
Gooden is worthless in a 34
ELlerbe is hated w/ a chris mcalister like passion by Harbaugh
Phillips has shown to be a good run stuffer in the pre-season. But he cant cover to save his life.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly can see the Ravens absolutely shell shocking the **** out of Carolina this week. They are on their third string QB and go against Mike Goodson. Good thing I picked up your D for this weekend!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, 2-3 years ago, I would be excited about playing Tony Pike, but honestly, now I wouldn't be shocked to see Pike have a decent day against us.

Our pass rush is horrendous and our CB's can't hold there coverage long enough for the pass rush to do anything. Our defense is a disaster.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, 2-3 years ago, I would be excited about playing Tony Pike, but honestly, now I wouldn't be shocked to see Pike have a decent day against us.

Our pass rush is horrendous and our CB's can't hold there coverage long enough for the pass rush to do anything. Our defense is a disaster.
I feel ya. Our back 4 is so bad right now. I honestly don't see the Steelers or Ravens in the Super Bowl because we both have very obvious and glowing holes that it'll be hard to hide up, unless one of us gets hot. It seems like both our teams have similar problems.