Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Bruce Arians is close to that race.
from what I have seen on paper at least your offense makes sense.

Mattison doesnt make sense at all. A soft zone w/ 0 pass rush WTF. He stares there w/ a blank old man stare and wonders why when our LDE weighs as much as a DT should weigh for a soft zone D. Dropping 270 pound Jarrett Johnson into coverage constantly WTF. OMG Im about to lose it just thinknig about it.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Mattison would make a good DC for the pro bowl (not in the sense that the Ravens lose the AFCCG). Since there isn't any blitzing/exotic plays allowed he would just have to call a normal game!
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
from what I have seen on paper at least your offense makes sense.

Mattison doesnt make sense at all. A soft zone w/ 0 pass rush WTF. He stares there w/ a blank old man stare and wonders why when our LDE weighs as much as a DT should weigh for a soft zone D. Dropping 270 pound Jarrett Johnson into coverage constantly WTF. OMG Im about to lose it just thinknig about it.
Arians ran shot gun, 5 wide on 4th and 1 against Cleveland last year in below zero weather. That Cleveland team was in the bottom 5 of rush defense and we ran it like 15 times, while throwing it like 40. Did I add that it was below zero with like 35 MPH winds?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hai guise!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

As terrible as Arians has been, I would give the worst coordinator title in the NFL to the Dolphins OC. My baby brother can come up with a better game plan.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Arians ran shot gun, 5 wide on 4th and 1 against Cleveland last year in below zero weather. That Cleveland team was in the bottom 5 of rush defense and we ran it like 15 times, while throwing it like 40. Did I add that it was below zero with like 35 MPH winds?
the funny part is these numbnuts get to face each other.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Arians and LeBeau over Cameron and Mattison.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I'd take Arians and LeBeau over Cameron and Mattison.
I think I'd rather have Ben make the playbook and be the OC. Ben isn't a smart man, but I'm sure he's smarter than that ***** Arians. I can't wait to the day he is no longer in Pittsburgh. Hopefully at the end of the year.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya Id do that trade for Lebau along.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think I'd rather have Ben make the playbook and be the OC. Ben isn't a smart man, but I'm sure he's smarter than that ***** Arians. I can't wait to the day he is no longer in Pittsburgh. Hopefully at the end of the year.
Well they were going to fire him, but Ben told them he wanted Arians back. So he must be doing something right.

If Harbs is to fire Cam, I don't think Flacco would disagree.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'll trade you guys Cam for Arians. I want to keep LeBeau.

:)
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll trade you guys Cam for Arians. I want to keep LeBeau.

:)
Seems like a lateral move to me...
Old 11-25-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

comp:169
att:253
yards:2031
ypa:8.027
comp %:66.7%
TD:15
INT:2
QB rating:104.3

Flacco seemed to have turned the corner since that Cinncy mess
Old 11-25-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Happy Thanksgiving to my rival Raven fans! See you next week!!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The Ravens have had 8 primetime games under John Harbaugh, 1 at home. To put that in perspective, by the end of this year, the Ravens will be
the only AFC team to not have hosted a Monday Night Football game over
the past three seasons.

I got that from my friends facebook, all I gotta say is WTF
Old 11-27-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
The Ravens have had 8 primetime games under John Harbaugh, 1 at home. To put that in perspective, by the end of this year, the Ravens will be
the only AFC team to not have hosted a Monday Night Football game over
the past three seasons.

I got that from my friends facebook, all I gotta say is WTF
Thats just mind boggling. Especially when teams like the Jags (who have trouble selling out) and Browns have gotten home prime-time games.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I mean people talk **** on the Ravens fans for claiming the league is against us, but this just makes me say WTF.

Anyway I predict we win against Tampa in a game. This team is kinda like the jets w.o the hype. They have a boatload of wins against sub par teams. We will be a good test for them. Im a little nervous about there running game. Also does anyone know if Mike Williams the WR is playign?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Mike Williams will be playing and so will Arrelious Benn. I think they could give us a hard time today in the pass game.

However, when we have the ball, Cam Cameron better freakin run the ball. Tampa's 29th vs. the run and we better take advantage of that stat.

I really doubt that our defense will be able to stop Blount and Cadillac. I thought the Peyton Hillis game was a wakeup call but then we allow the same **** to Mike Goodson. I think this defense is overlooking a lot of guys. Hopefully they don't do the same for Tampa's running backs.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Everything what I expected on sunday.

My question is why does our D suck late in games? Is it that our players are unclutch? We all know MAttison sucks as a DC but still we usually fail to come up big.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Can't wait till Sunday!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can't wait till Sunday!
It's easily the biggest game of the year for us.

If we win, we are almost a lock for home field advantage in the playoffs and possibly a first round bye!

However, the good thing is, if we lose, we are still in the wildcard race, easily.

also, quick question, if we do lose to Pittsburgh, what are our chances of still winning the AFC North?

We have Houston, New Orleans, Cleveland, and Cincinnati left on the schedule.

I think we are capable of beating Houston, Cleveland and Cincy, but none of those games will be easy. I think the Saints game is a loss for us, but if we can beat the Steelers, it's sets us up very nicely for the remainder of the year.

Beat Pittsburgh - I can see us finishing 12-4, if we lose I can see us at 11-5.

Huge game, its on Sunday night, glad its home but I wish it was a 1:00 clock game, we don't play well on a national stage.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think our D will show up and shut Mendenhall down, Im nervous bout Big Ben. We are used to these crazy blitzes leading to Big Ben free lancing and it becomes a mess. It will be interesting to see what will happen sunday.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
It's easily the biggest game of the year for us.

If we win, we are almost a lock for home field advantage in the playoffs and possibly a first round bye!

However, the good thing is, if we lose, we are still in the wildcard race, easily.

also, quick question, if we do lose to Pittsburgh, what are our chances of still winning the AFC North?

We have Houston, New Orleans, Cleveland, and Cincinnati left on the schedule.

I think we are capable of beating Houston, Cleveland and Cincy, but none of those games will be easy. I think the Saints game is a loss for us, but if we can beat the Steelers, it's sets us up very nicely for the remainder of the year.

Beat Pittsburgh - I can see us finishing 12-4, if we lose I can see us at 11-5.

Huge game, its on Sunday night, glad its home but I wish it was a 1:00 clock game, we don't play well on a national stage.
IMHO, if the Steelers win on Sunday, you better be the biggest fans of the Jets the next week because Pittsburgh ends with Baltimore, Jets, Cincy, Carolina, and Cleveland. I can see at least 1 loss there. Even if the Steelers and Ravens both finish 12-4 in the division, Pittsburgh will win the division IF they beat Baltimore and win out because conference record(only loss in division was with you guys and your loses coming from Pittsburgh and Cincy). That's how I believe it is.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Everything what I expected on sunday.

My question is why does our D suck late in games? Is it that our players are unclutch? We all know MAttison sucks as a DC but still we usually fail to come up big.
I think it's because that teams are using more no-huddle offense which our defense struggles with. We don't have the pass-rushers along the line to get quick pressure on the QB and our corners play off of the WR so any kind of quick in/out/slant/hook/whatever is going to be effective.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

Went to the game yesterday. That's the Raven football that made me a fan! Defense baby.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote