Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
PS about the hate on George Selvie
If you've ever watched an USF game in (08-09), you'd realize that Selvie was constantly double/triple teamed. TEs, RBs, FBs, OTs would all be focused on Selvie during any passing downs. JPP is tremendously overrated. He can do backflips, good for him.
JPP always had 1 guy to block him on passing downs, so its unfair that Selvie gets hate based off of his declined stats.
The man obviously has skill if he racked up 69 TFL and 29 sacks in his USF career.
I like his rushing ability, and placed with the right scheme and right coaches, he's going to be a gem. just wait
He might be good in the right scheme with the right coaches, but that's not what Baltimore is. It's what we were.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Might this be the sign we are trading Gaither for something to the Cowboys?

If we do and we don't get a 1st Rd pick out of the deal.. I will be pissed, I think Gaither is a 10 year lock at LT and we never have to worry. I sure hope that we can find a replacement at RT for Oher if something happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People say this is mostly a financial decision.

Does this mean that we can't sign Ngata AND Gaither?

sorry, I always have a hard time understanding the financial side of football.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why we would trade one of our best, youngest players for a second round pick. -___-
That'd be such a horrible decision.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Might this be the sign we are trading Gaither for something to the Cowboys?

If we do and we don't get a 1st Rd pick out of the deal.. I will be pissed, I think Gaither is a 10 year lock at LT and we never have to worry. I sure hope that we can find a replacement at RT for Oher if something happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
I don't think that's really a sign of us doing anything. Flozell wasn't very good last season and he's also pretty old in football standards. It might be a sign that the Cowboys are willing to give up more though.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand why we would trade one of our best, youngest players for a second round pick. -___-
That'd be such a horrible decision.
I think we have pretty much gone through all the points. The Ravens feel like Oher is the better player. So do you really want to pay a guy who is that talented to be a RT? I know guys like Gross got huge contracts to play RT, but Oher is smoother at LT. Why commit so much money to 2 guys when playing Oher at RT is kind of limiting his talent. By sliding over Oher to LT you can sign a very good RT for not even half the price Gaither will get and the O-line will be just as good. Also I'm sure Ozzie is itching to get another pick. He'd probably turn that early 2nd into a couple of 3rds.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think we have pretty much gone through all the points. The Ravens feel like Oher is the better player. So do you really want to pay a guy who is that talented to be a RT? I know guys like Gross got huge contracts to play RT, but Oher is smoother at LT. Why commit so much money to 2 guys when playing Oher at RT is kind of limiting his talent. By sliding over Oher to LT you can sign a very good RT for not even half the price Gaither will get and the O-line will be just as good. Also I'm sure Ozzie is itching to get another pick. He'd probably turn that early 2nd into a couple of 3rds.
So.. Gaither for two thirds? Yeah, no. Even if we do re-sign Gaither, we don't have that much money committed to both he and Oher right now. Oher is still on his rookie contract after all, and will be for 3/4 more years.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good points.
But I feel Gaither is too young to get traded away this off-season.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at it this way: We wont be resigning Ngata and Gaither, especially with the contract we just gave Suggs. So would you rather lose Gaither, who we have an in house replacement for, or Ngata, a top 3 DT in the league at a position we are already thin at?

Not to mention, its either we trade Gaither now and get something for him at all, or let him walk next year and get nothing for him. Im inclined to want the former.

Also, do you really think Ozzie would let Gaither go for a 2nd if there wasnt some reason for it, be it injuries, personality, etc.? Ozzie isnt stupid, and if hes willing to let Gaither go for so little, its pretty telling I would imagine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Look at it this way: We wont be resigning Ngata and Gaither, especially with the contract we just gave Suggs. So would you rather lose Gaither, who we have an in house replacement for, or Ngata, a top 3 DT in the league at a position we are already thin at?

Not to mention, its either we trade Gaither now and get something for him at all, or let him walk next year and get nothing for him. Im inclined to want the former.

Also, do you really think Ozzie would let Gaither go for a 2nd if there wasnt some reason for it, be it injuries, personality, etc.? Ozzie isnt stupid, and if hes willing to let Gaither go for so little, its pretty telling I would imagine.
This is pretty much the only argument I buy for trading Gaither. I think a lot depends on what the new salary cap looks like (if there is one) in the future. Bisciotti would pay Gaither if he was able to work him in the cap. We really don't have any knowledge about how the CBA talks are progressing, but the owners might have a feel for when things could get done.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Imagine Baltimore drafting Bruce Campbell
Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you make a good point, that is one downside to having such a good scouting department and front office personnel, you can never keep ALL the talent you bring in. It's a shame.

But, if your theory is right, and Ozzie is trying to get something for Gaither, then I would expect Gaither to get traded during the draft.

thats probably when trade talks heat up a bit more and teams are willing to part ways with draft picks and/or move up and down draft boards.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would that be a good thing? Campbell is awful.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

I'm not saying it'd be a good thing.
But they got 1 Maryland project tackle, coached him then traded him away. Now they get another project Maryland tackle and do the same thing
Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

That would be a very bad idea. Campbell is simply not good, and its looking like we will be able to squeeze a top 40 pick out of the Gaither situation if the reports are true. Hopefully we use it to snag someone like Jerry Hughes at the top of the 2nd.
Quote:
Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would we want the crappy version of Jared Gaither? He cannot run block and he cannot play RT. I'm not sure if you were suggesting that it would a good or bad move. But let me tell you, it would be a very bad move.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

If we trade Gaither for a 2nd round pick this is what I'd like to happen;
LT- Oher
LG- Grubbs
C- Birk
RG- Yanda
RT- Cousins
- That's not too bad of a lineup considering the points everyone has brought up about the Gaither/Ngata conflict. I'd much rather have Ngata locked up & that starting Offensive line is pretty nice.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Early rumors have the Redskins and pick #36 and the Raiders and pick #39 interested in Gaither. I would assume alot of what the Raiders do is dependent on any McNabb developments though. If we DID manage to deal Gaither for a pick that high, Id like us to go Dline in the first, maybe Odrick, then possibly target someone like Kareem Jackson at the top of the 2nd. Or a pass rusher like Hughes.
Quote:
Old 04-03-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Early rumors have the Redskins and pick #36 and the Raiders and pick #39 interested in Gaither. I would assume alot of what the Raiders do is dependent on any McNabb developments though. If we DID manage to deal Gaither for a pick that high, Id like us to go Dline in the first, maybe Odrick, then possibly target someone like Kareem Jackson at the top of the 2nd. Or a pass rusher like Hughes.
Yuck yuck and yuck lol. It seems you still believe the notion we'll be using a 3-4 type of defense still, or at least for the majority of the time.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I believe we will be. Our personnel is perfect for, and used to, a 3-4 defense and while I agree the eventual change to a base 4-3 system is coming, it wont be this season. Both Odrick and Hughes are capable of playing in both systems, and Odrick would be a beast of a 3 tech next to Ngata in a 4-3. Hughes is just awesome no matter where he is playing, and could provide some much needed pass rush opposite Suggs. If they are drafted of course.

Im not buying that we will be running a base 4-3 this season, or even the season after.
Quote:
Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I believe we will be. Our personnel is perfect for, and used to, a 3-4 defense and while I agree the eventual change to a base 4-3 system is coming, it wont be this season. Both Odrick and Hughes are capable of playing in both systems, and Odrick would be a beast of a 3 tech next to Ngata in a 4-3. Hughes is just awesome no matter where he is playing, and could provide some much needed pass rush opposite Suggs. If they are drafted of course.

Im not buying that we will be running a base 4-3 this season, or even the season after.
While I think that Odrick could play in the 4-3 (definitely not his ideal scheme IMO), Hughes really doesn't fit it on our team. I don't think either he or Suggs could play base end.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:16 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Brandon Graham would be a great pickup because he can play DE and OLB.
I still think it should be either Gresham or Dan Williams picked in the first round.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I'd love Graham.

and seriously guys, why does everyone think we'll be switching to a 4-3 permanently? Did Harbaugh ever say it?

I believe we'll will always run both 3-4 and 4-3 sets. Along with many other defenses.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I'd love Graham.

and seriously guys, why does everyone think we'll be switching to a 4-3 permanently? Did Harbaugh ever say it?

I believe we'll will always run both 3-4 and 4-3 sets. Along with many other defenses.
I think we'll still be using 3-4 sets, just not in pressure situations. Last season when it came to third and medium/long Mattison primarily went with a 4-man line. As it stands right now I don't think our 3-4 sets need any/much help along the front seven, while the 4-man line does.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

The McNabb trade pretty much rules out the Redskins trying to get Gaither. I love that trade :).