Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-05-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we played press coverage Smith might be a good fit for us. Alas, I think we blitz more often than bringing up the corners, which is saying something.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No fullbacks active tonight, sounds like we're going to spread them out ala New Orleans and New England!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching your D guys. It's NASTY.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game, Raven fans. I hope to see you guys again.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) WTF FLacco.

2)God BLess Terrell Suggs.

3)We are ******* pathetic when it coems to time out usage.

4) For the simple fact that Goodn actually dresses and guys like Phillips and Ellerbe are active shows harb isnt really a good evaluater of personell. Gooden is pathetic. Overpursues more then any LB I have ever seen, if as durable as Samari ROlle falling off of the empire state building and as physical as Fabian Washington. I know we all wanted to see him suceed because he is from the U and is wore 52 but the dude doesnt belong on the field. Id take TOm Zbikowski at ILB over Gooden.

5) Landry and Johnson learn how to tackle a ****** 3rd string RB.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also cameron gotta go. Anytime we have a lead in the 2nd half we go to conservative ******** mode. It is pathetic. We honestly have the worst coordinator pair in the NFL.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suggs was making me so mad last night be constantly being in our backfield.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Hopfully McClain gets suspended for that hit. Not only was it illegal getting him off the field can get Ellerbe o the field hopefully.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Hopfully McClain gets suspended for that hit. Not only was it illegal getting him off the field can get Ellerbe o the field hopefully.
He probably won't be suspended, probably a fine. It better be around a 40K fine.

Oh, and I believe Ngata will be fined as well for punching Ben in the face. Not that I agree with it, but I could see it happening. It at least warrented a flag IMO.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also cameron gotta go. Anytime we have a lead in the 2nd half we go to conservative ******** mode. It is pathetic. We honestly have the worst coordinator pair in the NFL.
Cameron didn't call that bad of a game. You can't blame him for playing conservative with the way our defense was playing. Kill as much clock as possible and punt and pin the Steelers deep. It worked up until that crazy play Polumalu made. We were in control of the game before that play.

Quote:
1) WTF FLacco.

2)God BLess Terrell Suggs.

3)We are ******* pathetic when it coems to time out usage.

4) For the simple fact that Goodn actually dresses and guys like Phillips and Ellerbe are active shows harb isnt really a good evaluater of personell. Gooden is pathetic. Overpursues more then any LB I have ever seen, if as durable as Samari ROlle falling off of the empire state building and as physical as Fabian Washington. I know we all wanted to see him suceed because he is from the U and is wore 52 but the dude doesnt belong on the field. Id take TOm Zbikowski at ILB over Gooden.

5) Landry and Johnson learn how to tackle a ****** 3rd string RB.
I can't see how were pathetic with clock management? We were playing a great offensive game until the 1 crazy sack, strip fumble. I mean what did you want Cameron to do? Air it out when were up 10-6? I agree w/ him running the ball and punting, our defense was playing pretty damn well.

As for Flacco, I thought he played his best game vs. the Steelers and I am still impressed. Outside of the Polumalu play, he was terrific IMO. He was a lot calmer than usual and DIDN'T turn the ball over, which is the biggest thing.

I was also upset when we let that scrub Redman scoring on a 3rd and long. Total BS by our defense, they played an amazing game up until then, and then all of a sudden they forget how to ******* tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
He probably won't be suspended, probably a fine. It better be around a 40K fine.

Oh, and I believe Ngata will be fined as well for punching Ben in the face. Not that I agree with it, but I could see it happening. It at least warrented a flag IMO.
I can't see why Ngata should be fined, McClain, yes definitely. But Ngata had a clean sack of Big Ben, his hand just went into Big Bens facemask. He didnt "punch" him intentionally. Even Ben said it himself..

Great game though. This was probably the toughest to swallow, only because we dominated almost all game long, beat up Ben, hit the long passes, stuffed the run and the game was pretty much ours for the taking.

I have a ton of respect for Ben and the way he plays, bad foot, broken nose, one of the worst o-line's in the league and he still finds ways to win games. Ultimate football player.

Good game, last night was a clear example why Ravens-Steelers is easily, by far and away the best rivalry in the NFL right now.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Cameron didn't call that bad of a game. You can't blame him for playing conservative with the way our defense was playing. Kill as much clock as possible and punt and pin the Steelers deep. It worked up until that crazy play Polumalu made. We were in control of the game before that play.

I can't see how were pathetic with clock management? We were playing a great offensive game until the 1 crazy sack, strip fumble. I mean what did you want Cameron to do? Air it out when were up 10-6? I agree w/ him running the ball and punting, our defense was playing pretty damn well.

As for Flacco, I thought he played his best game vs. the Steelers and I am still impressed. Outside of the Polumalu play, he was terrific IMO. He was a lot calmer than usual and DIDN'T turn the ball over, which is the biggest thing.

I was also upset when we let that scrub Redman scoring on a 3rd and long. Total BS by our defense, they played an amazing game up until then, and then all of a sudden they forget how to ******* tackle.

I can't see why Ngata should be fined, McClain, yes definitely. But Ngata had a clean sack of Big Ben, his hand just went into Big Bens facemask. He didnt "punch" him intentionally. Even Ben said it himself..
Great game though. This was probably the toughest to swallow, only because we dominated almost all game long, beat up Ben, hit the long passes, stuffed the run and the game was pretty much ours for the taking.

I have a ton of respect for Ben and the way he plays, bad foot, broken nose, one of the worst o-line's in the league and he still finds ways to win games. Ultimate football player.

Good game, last night was a clear example why Ravens-Steelers is easily, by far and away the best rivalry in the NFL right now.
Oh, I know it was unintentional. It should have been a flag though because the rules state that you can't hit a QB in the head. I don't think he'll get fined either, but the way the NFL has been lately, it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, that was a tough one to swallow. We controlled the whole game and just let it slip through our fingers.

I still can't believe that Flacco, one of the biggest QB's with one of the biggest arm's in the league, underthrew Dickson on a little 3 yard arrow. I also give Flacco a large the blame for the Polamalu play. I know it was a 3-step drop but he should of realized that he needed to either adjust the protection or check out of that play because Pitt was bringing 7 and we only had 6 guys blocking. I'm not putting the loss all on Flacco as he had made some big plays in what was probably his best game ever against the Steelers. I just want to see him, when the stakes are high, to put a complete game together. It's not that he chokes, its just personally, I still can't count on him to be clutch and make the plays to win the game, when we need it most. Not that he hasn't shown the ability to do that, but I just can't count on him to do it consistently.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

We simply can't beat the better teams in the NFL. Its time to lower my expectations at this point....
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't fully blame Flacco for the strip-sack. Oher should have let the rest of the offense know that Polamalu was coming on the blitz and the guy he was blocking came shifted more to the inside so Oher couldn't get in the way of both guys. Flacco was trying to throw it quickly on a three-step drop, but Polamalu just got there too quickly for him to do anything about it. It'd be hard for him to see him coming as the play was designed to be thrown to the right side quickly, so he couldn't just stand there and survey the field. Really it was a good called play by the Steelers, but one that we should have seen coming. Flacco should have looked over the defense more thoroughly before the snap, but to mostly blame him for it isn't the truth IMO.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a pathetic showing in the second half. What a tough game to watch. We had a ton of time left at the end, we had no business throwing twice when we need two yards for the first. Run it with Rice and take your last timeout if you have to, but they had been teeing off on Flacco the entire second half. Protection was awful. Ugh, such a frustrating game to have to watch. I hate losing to the Steelers more then anything, especially when they had no buisness being in that game in the first place. We need to learn to close **** out. Such a disappointing performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

The sad thing is with what we have been shown so far I dont think Cameron or mattison will be smart enough to make the proper adjustments so we can close a game out. We got the worst coordinator combo in the NFL.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throwing the ball twice there at the end of the game was just unacceptable. Send Rice in behind Oher and Grubbs, get 2 yards, and continue the drive. Dont dick around running tiny flare passes like that. Ugh. What a stupid thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

with that final 4th and 2 play perhaps Dickson ****** up the route. He had 0 preperation as the #1 TE maybe he messed up. Regardless Flacco MUST make that pass.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Naw that last pass was just because of Flacco not turning his hips and setting his feet.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco kind of panicked. He had a little bit more time. Still I would have run it on third down.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

McClain fined for 40K, Ngata for 15.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Technically Ngata should have just gottten penalized and that was that IMO.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Technically Ngata should have just gottten penalized and that was that IMO.
I agree, but this is a nice alternative since he didn't.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Naw that last pass was just because of Flacco not turning his hips and setting his feet.
This. 10char.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Hire J-McDaniels please.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote