Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco looked so poised as a rookie because the team was a running machine and in play action he'd have all day. But against teams like the Steelers he's always played poor when pressured.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
i just wonder what happened to the Joe Cool of his rookie year. Baltimore was on his nutz non stop because he wasn t frantic like BOller and he had a arm just as strong.

Also Stallworth and McGahee came out and said that Cameron doesnt have audibles in his offense. Im sure he has protection audibles though so Flacco needs to work on that.

The more i see Flacco I wonder if he will ever step into the elite level of QB or if he will just be on a Tony Romo like level for his career.
I think he's a lot like Romo performance wise. Has all the tools to win and be great, just is not clutch. You can take that as a good and bad thing. He'll put up great stats and win you a bunch of games, but he will never take you to the next level.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo though is an escape artist, they are a different kind of unclutch. Romo makes horrible throws because he thinks he has the arm of God at times, Flacco makes bad throws because he panics.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see flashes of him being clutch sometimes though. 1st steelers game, falcons game, vikings game last year. I'm happy we have Flacco as our QB overall.

Cam is an interesting OC. It seems like he has a million great concepts and is a big offensive mind, but he doesn't know how to adjust or keep it simple sometimes. I'm glad that we have an actual offense now, but we should be producing more with the offensive talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what I'm seeing out of Flacco recently, he doesn't seem to be throwing off of his back foot anywhere near as much as earlier in the season and he's generally been good with decisions. It's sad that the offensive line has decided to fall apart on us, if they were anywhere close to what they were last season I think Flacco would lookk pretty damn good. He's still a top 10 QB as it is, but with the state of the defense (Mattison) and how our running game has been utterly ineffective most of the season I don't think we'll get anywhere. Flacco isn't quite the type of QB to put the team on his back, at least not yet.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hey guys I'm looking to buy my little nephew some Ravens gear, shirts, sweatshirts, jersey, whatever, do you guys know anywhere cheaper to buy Ravens gears cause the stuff on NFL.com is pretty pricey.
Honestly check places like Rugged Warehouse and KMart.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Well one thing I have noticed about Flacco is, he is much more clutch when they spread em out and hes at the shotgun.
With the way the o-line has been playing this would make so much sense.

Look at the Steelers game earlier. He went through the D like swiss cheese when he was at shotgun and everything was spread out.

I was literally screaming at the television when he was at the single back formation against the Steelers. I just don't get Cam....
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great observation I agree with that. Flacco is terrible when pressured so we gotta get this o line better.

Also I hate to hear ppl say "we cant blitz because whenever we blitz we get torn up." I wonder why, rushing 3 or 4 people in the most bland formation possible all game. Then taking an engage 8 out of madden and it isnt working. God this D is ridic,
Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

big game lets go, if we can pull off a win then that would be great for our attempt for the 5th seed. In order for us to win I believe it has to be a very crappy day weather wise, the way this D looked last week Brees would put up 500 yards and unfortanetly w/ mattison I dont expect any adjustments. Im saying 31-13 Saints :(
Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

31 Ravens 28 Saints!
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
great observation I agree with that. Flacco is terrible when pressured so we gotta get this o line better.

Also I hate to hear ppl say "we cant blitz because whenever we blitz we get torn up." I wonder why, rushing 3 or 4 people in the most bland formation possible all game. Then taking an engage 8 out of madden and it isnt working. God this D is ridic,
IDK he's been looking a lot better in regards to that lately. The OL has been pretty unreliable all season yet Flacco is also having his best year. His footwork/mechanics are looking a whole lot better than they were at the beginning of the season and he's actually moving around in the pocket now.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
IDK he's been looking a lot better in regards to that lately. The OL has been pretty unreliable all season yet Flacco is also having his best year. His footwork/mechanics are looking a whole lot better than they were at the beginning of the season and he's actually moving around in the pocket now.
I agree with that, but thats not the type of QB hes meant to be. Coming in to the NFL, many compared him to Big Ben, but the last couple of years, hes proven hes more of a pocket passer.

While he certainly has been moving around better, hes a much a better QB in the pocket, (which hes having a hard time in, since the blitzes are not being picked up)

Give him a good pocket, and he can become lethal IMO.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Oh that's not what I meant when I said he was moving around in the pocket, it's just that he's not staying in one place after his 3-5 step drop. Earlier a lot of sacks happened when Flacco was just sitting there, now he's anticipating the pressure and getting out of the way.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

speaking of the protection, we all know cam is a control freak and doesnt allow audibles. It wont shock me if this idiot doesnt even let the protection scheme be changed once everyone is lined up
Old 12-19-2010, 07:46 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think we need to proceed cautiously at the offensive coordinator spot. If we bring in someone new will it be that much better since we need to teach everyone a new offense and new scheme. We need to get cam off the control freak issue and let our guys create a bit out there. We have great offensive talent.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

cam got his head out of his ass today, so did Mattison. Great game
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Great win, and not to take anything away from it, but we still haven't scored a TD in the second half since week 10. That is pretty troubling.

Especially since its looking like we'll be playing @Indy in the WC round.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we cut Mattison kid for Davon Drew. Now Im kinda nervous how this will affect Greg Mattison, I dont see any gain of this at all. We dont use 2 TE set yet we have 3 solid TE options. No reason for a 4th TE. Id rather use have brought up Albert McCLean to rush the passer.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our most likely matchup for the playoffs is playing Indianapolis in Indy. Obviously, that makes almost every Raven fan cringe.

Now, if we beat Cleveland this week, we can clinch a WC spot.
Next week, we have a 4:15 game, so technically, John Harbaugh can look at the scoreboard and see if Pittsburgh won(theres no point in us beating Cincy unless we WANT to play Manning) Harbaugh can sit the starters and intentionally lose a game in order to play Kansas City instead of Indianapolis.

now, all this is irrelevent in the Colts lose to the Raiders or Titans in the next two weeks. If they lose and the Jags win out, we'll end up playing the Jaguars.

So again, root for Kansas City and Jacksonville.

Root against Pittsburgh and Indianapolis. (even though they are likely to win out)
Old 12-21-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

gosh it if we win out and everything else goes along w/ seeds we will face Colts,Steelers,Patriots. Its crazy because those are aarguably our 3 biggest rivals
Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup, unless we beat Cleveland then lose to Cincy. Losing to Cincy will move us down to the 6th seed, putting us against Kansas City instead of Indy.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yup, unless we beat Cleveland then lose to Cincy. Losing to Cincy will move us down to the 6th seed, putting us against Kansas City instead of Indy.
Thats actually a much better match-up.

Maybe we should rest the starters and give Cincy a win. lol
Old 12-22-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Thats actually a much better match-up.

Maybe we should rest the starters and give Cincy a win. lol
And to beat the Patriots to make sure there is a Steeler-Raven AFCCG.

:)
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"Rookie linebacker Sergio Kindle's skull fracture might prevent him from playing for the Baltimore Ravens next season, the Carroll County Times reported Wednesday."

"Dr's up here make'n me nervous bout my chances of come'n back next yr!!" Kindle wrote on his Twitter account. "dey aint say'n i wont play but dey aint say'n i am eitha!! KING SERG .."

"yal know its a business so if i cant play next yr, dey aint gon keep me here!! But [expletive] IT i gota keep grind'n so i can ball out next yr!!"

Ugh. I don't think the fall down the stairs helped his head very much. The guy sounds like a ******* moron.

And to think, we could have had Jerry Hughes, Kyle Wilson, Dan Williams or Jared Odrick with that 25th overall...******* Ozzie and his love for mid rounders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I can't see Ozzie is at blame here...