Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The McNabb trade pretty much rules out the Redskins trying to get Gaither. I love that trade :).
it actually makes it more likely. They just got McNabb, so if Okung doesn't fall to them, they could very well be giving Ozzie Newsome a call.

Hell, maybe they even prefer Gaither > Okung and want to trade pre-draft. Who knows?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he means the Skins no longer have the ammo to trade for Gaither. Unless they wanna ship us Fat Al. Which is just oh so much fun to imagine, but is completely unrealistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think he means the Skins no longer have the ammo to trade for Gaither. Unless they wanna ship us Fat Al. Which is just oh so much fun to imagine, but is completely unrealistic.
The thought of Ngata and Haynesworth playing side by side entered my mind too. Ray would probably get like 200+ tackles. lol. But I know its never going to happen.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Contract wise, it isnt feasible. But a defensive line consisting of Pryce, Ngata, Haynesworth, and Suggs would just be absolutely dominant. Those two DTs would make the 2000 group look like a bunch of pussies.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Contract wise, it isnt feasible. But a defensive line consisting of Pryce, Ngata, Haynesworth, and Suggs would just be absolutely dominant. Those two DTs would make the 2000 group look like a bunch of pussies.
lmao. the Raven games would look more like comedies instead of NFL Football. nobody could run on us, and opposing QB's would like about 3-4 seconds at most to throw..

but in reality..

is it really out of question that the Redskins won't give there 1st rounder for Gaither? I mean, they've had a history of trading picks, (yeah I know it's a new organization) but still, a 1st for Gaither isn't completely ridiculous.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Redskins 1st for Gaither and our 2nd????
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I cant really see it happening. The value just isnt there, even with Crazy Snyder running the show. I think its alot more likely someone like Oakland ponies up a 2nd.
Quote:
Old 04-05-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Redskins being interested in Gaither. Not for money or compensation reasons but he just doesn't fit in Mike Shannahan's system.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
it actually makes it more likely. They just got McNabb, so if Okung doesn't fall to them, they could very well be giving Ozzie Newsome a call.

Hell, maybe they even prefer Gaither > Okung and want to trade pre-draft. Who knows?
Like APS said, I don't think they have the ammo to get Gaither without a 2nd and third round pick now. I highly doubt they move out of the 4th pick for Gaither, and I don't think Ozzie would do it anyways. The main issue I see with all the trade talk is that the Ravens don't want to pay Gaither, but that #4 pick would get just as much (if not more) than Gaither. I don't see us committing that money to a safety (Berry), and we surely aren't taking a tackle because it'd be ridiculously dumb to turn around and give all that money to another OT. Unless Suh or McCoy are there (highly unlikely IMO), it just wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Maybe the Redskins 1st for Gaither and our 2nd????
Don't see that happening either, because of reasons stated above and the fact that we wouldn't have a pick after 25 until the 5th round.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tend-workouts/

Take it for what it's worth.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I don;t know how reliable this is but could McGahee possibly be in the trading block??

I say, if we can get a 3rd or 4th, go for it, but anything lower, we'd be better off keeping him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...trading-block/
Old 04-10-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing it's Lynch, but if we can get a decent 3rd for him I'd do it. Anything less probably wouldn't get us anything that'd help us more than McGahee.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ree-agent.html

Good versatile backup, I'm glad to see he'll be around for another season (most likely).
Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ree-agent.html

Good versatile backup, I'm glad to see he'll be around for another season (most likely).
He's a guy who's really nice to have. He can play both guard positions as well as center. That makes it so we have to dress less O-Lineman on gameday. Matt Birk isn't getting any younger and Chester could eventually take over at center. I really like having both him and Yanda because of the versatility they offer.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I mean he is a little dissapointing not starting as a 2nd round pick, but he is behind 2 great guards and a good C. I love his versatility I hope we keep him around
Old 04-10-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

He should probably be playing in a ZBS, as hes practically created for that system. If we could of got a 3rd for him I would of been thrilled. Up until last year, he was very subpar.
Quote:
Old 04-10-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He should probably be playing in a ZBS, as hes practically created for that system. If we could of got a 3rd for him I would of been thrilled. Up until last year, he was very subpar.
Yes I agree, but I just don't see a team giving that up for him. The article does mention that he would fit with Washington, but they don't have a third this year (and maybe next). Seahawks would be in the same boat trading for Whitehurst. I'd consider trading him for a 4th actually, especially if Gaither isn't traded (I like Cousins inside at guard a lot).
Old 04-12-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Santonio Holmes is now out of the division, great news for us Raven fans!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pumped as well he always did good against us, I just hope they dont trade for Marshall now
Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I am pumped as well he always did good against us, I just hope they dont trade for Marshall now
They won't go from one character concern to another, and I doubt that they'll go after Dez in the draft too.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

RavensInsider
Talked briefly today with Ravens second-year DE-OLB Paul Kruger, he has definitely bulked up. He's about 270 to 272 pounds now.

Maybe they were serious about this 5 tech business after all.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
RavensInsider
Talked briefly today with Ravens second-year DE-OLB Paul Kruger, he has definitely bulked up. He's about 270 to 272 pounds now.

Maybe they were serious about this 5 tech business after all.
Or LDE in a 4-3 set, which fits him best IMO.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

sweet. Glad to hear that Kruger is putting in work. I would love to see him succeed. We really need some young play maker on the outside of the d-line.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he's gaining talent with that weight! Would like to see our 2nd rd pick succeed.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I think with more weight/strength Kruger will be able to utilize his talent effectively. IMO he can't beat guys with pure athleticism because he doesn't have it, and he needs strength and experience to get better.