Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-29-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still like to see the Ravens double up on Edmond Gates or Tandon Doss, really set up the future. Taiwan Jones would be a great pick as well.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I would love to see us trade up for Carter as well, or even Sam Acho.

Address pass rush and this draft will set us up very nicely for free agency.
Sam Acho would be a money pick. Don't see us trading up for him though cause we lack the ammo. Liked the Smith's picks. Not a huge fan of Jah Reid, but I can live with the pick even though I don't think we needed to trade up for him. I've only watched his game against Georgia though, so maybe I'm missing something.

For Day 3 - Definitely think we need to go after an end and a pass rusher and maybe a fullback. I'd be very happy with Anthony Sherman as one of our compensatory picks. A guy like Christian Ballard could be a steal in the 4th despite his character concerns. Pernell McPhee is another lineman I'd like in the 4th. DeAndre McDaniel could be a good safety to look at in the later rounds, he could be a solid special team guy. Casey Matthews and Quan Sturdivant are still on the board so I think we might look at those guys.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant complain w/ the Jah Reid pick but is he ready to start week 1? because we need a RT week one against pittsburgh. I dont want Chester at RG for one snap against PIT next year.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im liking the draft so far. Jimmy Smith is a risk but he is talented. You guys probably know more about Torry Smith than me but it seems like a fine pick. I like Jah Reid and a 6th wasnt something crazy to give up. Gaither has been gone for a while and this just confirms that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Still like to see the Ravens double up on Edmond Gates or Tandon Doss, really set up the future. Taiwan Jones would be a great pick as well.
I feel the same way. We still need another WR. I can't tell you how thrilled I'd be to get either Edmond Gates or Aldrick Robinson. Running back or a guy like Chris Carter from Fresno would also be picks I'd really like.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:43 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want Owen Marecic at some point. Also I wouldn't mind Fusco if he's around. I like Carter somewhere in here too.

I feel like we did a nice job of filling in some needs so far this year. What else is a need for us to look at tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I still want Owen Marecic at some point. Also I wouldn't mind Fusco if he's around. I like Carter somewhere in here too.

I feel like we did a nice job of filling in some needs so far this year. What else is a need for us to look at tomorrow?
Anything but TE, OT and CB.

Also I'm thinking we draft a QB before the draft is over.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torrey Smith is a fantastic person and an even better player.
Great speed, really elusive, sure hands, and fine routes, he's going to be awesome. A+ Pick.
Trading up for Jah Reid confused me. I feel like he would've been there when it was our pick. Anyways, he's massive, aggressive and versatile. A real power run blocker. He can play RT, but he can also move inside to guard.
- I'm upset Nate Irving got drafted by Denver, everytime I really want a player they get drafted by someone else -_- (EJ Henderson too)
Anywho, here's my needs for the rest of the draft.
1) OLB - Sam Acho/Chris Carter/Jeremy Beal
2) ILB - Brian Duncan/Greg Jones
3) RB - Jordan Todman/Taiwan Jones/Kendall Hunter
Old 04-30-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So next year, I expect Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason to be our starters. I expect there to be a battle for the slot with David Reed winning it since the coaching staff rarely plays our rookies. I can see Smith getting lots of chances to run simple go routes, screen plays and get plenty of opportunities returning punts and kicks.

Tight End will also be fun to watch, will we run more 2 TE formations with Dickson an Heap since we likely won't have any vets begin Boldin an Mason?

As for our corner situation, I really don't see us retaining Chris Carr. I know he was probably our best corner last year but I have a feeling he will either ask for more $ than we are willing to pay him or some other team will pay him more than we will, so I an assuming he won't return.

Wilson
Foxworth
J. Smith
Webb

I think as the season goes on, Jimmy could take over Foxworh's spot and be our #2 starter.
I think Webb is more than capable of matching up with teams #3 and 4 WR's as well as handle return duties w/ T.Smith.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Torrey Smith is a fantastic person and an even better player.
Great speed, really elusive, sure hands, and fine routes, he's going to be awesome. A+ Pick.
Trading up for Jah Reid confused me. I feel like he would've been there when it was our pick. Anyways, he's massive, aggressive and versatile. A real power run blocker. He can play RT, but he can also move inside to guard.
- I'm upset Nate Irving got drafted by Denver, everytime I really want a player they get drafted by someone else -_- (EJ Henderson too)
Anywho, here's my needs for the rest of the draft.
1) OLB - Sam Acho/Chris Carter/Jeremy Beal
2) ILB - Brian Duncan/Greg Jones
3) RB - Jordan Todman/Taiwan Jones/Kendall Hunter
I wouldn't say Smith is a fine route runner and sure handed. I've seen a lot of times where he body catches and rounds off his routes. He is like Mike Wallace coming out IMO.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
So next year, I expect Anquan Boldin and Derrick Mason to be our starters. I expect there to be a battle for the slot with David Reed winning it since the coaching staff rarely plays our rookies. I can see Smith getting lots of chances to run simple go routes, screen plays and get plenty of opportunities returning punts and kicks.
Dont forget the end arounds. :p We all know how much Cam loves taking his fastest WR and making him run end arounds instead of running deep routes

Quote:
As for our corner situation, I really don't see us retaining Chris Carr. I know he was probably our best corner last year but I have a feeling he will either ask for more $ than we are willing to pay him or some other team will pay him more than we will, so I an assuming he won't return.

Wilson
Foxworth
J. Smith
Webb
I personally think that Carr is more likely to come back than Wilson is. Wilson is likely to cost more than Carr, Carr sounded more positive about coming back during interviews with the Ravens' website when the season ended and IIRC Carr followed Pagano here from Oakland because he loves him so much and didnt want another DB coach.

That being said, Wilson is the better CB and should be the one that the team prioritises as a key re-signing when the lockout ends (assuming the NFL wins their appeal and we dont play under 2010 salary rules)
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need Carr back.
Special teams value, great in rupport, consistent!, tough, getting better, really solid man to man guy. I want him more than Foxworth.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on the CBA but I could see us trying to restructure Fox deal.

Also in round 4 im hoping for Christian Ballard from Iowa.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Sam Acho would be a money pick. Don't see us trading up for him though cause we lack the ammo. Liked the Smith's picks. Not a huge fan of Jah Reid, but I can live with the pick even though I don't think we needed to trade up for him. I've only watched his game against Georgia though, so maybe I'm missing something.

For Day 3 - Definitely think we need to go after an end and a pass rusher and maybe a fullback. I'd be very happy with Anthony Sherman as one of our compensatory picks. A guy like Christian Ballard could be a steal in the 4th despite his character concerns. Pernell McPhee is another lineman I'd like in the 4th. DeAndre McDaniel could be a good safety to look at in the later rounds, he could be a solid special team guy. Casey Matthews and Quan Sturdivant are still on the board so I think we might look at those guys.
I don't see us going after a DE. For who's left there's not really an upgrade over Redding/Kruger and we're fine depth-wise. McPhee adds nothing to the front, especially if we play him at the hybrid DE role. Ballard is interesting but I doubt he makes it to our pick.

Fullback is a position I fully expect us to go after, especially if we can't sign UDFA. Acho and Carter are two DE/OLB types I'd really like but again I doubt they fall and we don't have the ability to trade up (unless we use a future pick).
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Anthony Allen is a great pick in the 7th. Power back and a downhill runner who could compliment Raymell. Might have some potential as FB as well.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Any chance we sign a big name free agent OLB?
Tamba Hali would be expensive but the top choice.
Kiwanuka would be fantastic
Also, Mark Herzlich would be well worth the risk.
Mario Addison has a great amount of potential as well.
Ryan Winterswyk could be a good option.
I also really want Noel Devine! He's easy to discourage but he's a damn good runner with excellent vision and elusiveness.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I doubt there will be a significant change w/ the salary cap if/when a CBA is formed. So I doubt we make a move. If they go back to 2010 rules and there isnt a salary cap for the 2011 season I hope we go after someone. Give them a ******** in the first year. Its crunch time to get Reed and Ray a ring
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out this speech by Ray Lewis.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...r-room-speech/
Old 05-02-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

That was amazing. There is more to life then wins and loses. And we are the luckiest football team in the NFL to have Ray.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Ozzie mentioned about wanting to bring in a pass rusher in what would pressumably be free agency. I would LOVE to bring in Cliff Avril as an edge rusher opposite of Sizzle. We should be able to have a little bit of wiggle room with Gaither and possibly Carr and McClain being allowed to walk. Mathias Kiwanuka would be another intriguing option.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Ozzie mentioned about wanting to bring in a pass rusher in what would pressumably be free agency. I would LOVE to bring in Cliff Avril as an edge rusher opposite of Sizzle. We should be able to have a little bit of wiggle room with Gaither and possibly Carr and McClain being allowed to walk. Mathias Kiwanuka would be another intriguing option.
Is Avril for sure going to be a free agent? I loved him coming out of the draft, always thought he would have been better in a 3-4.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Is Avril for sure going to be a free agent? I loved him coming out of the draft, always thought he would have been better in a 3-4.
He will be and Detroit decided not to tag him so he'll be on the open market. He may return to Detroit but it would be amazing if we could bring in his speed and pass rush ability opposite of Suggs.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

lets notforget mcclain is a beast of a pass rushing olb
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
lets notforget mcclain is a beast of a pass rushing olb
He might have been an end in college but let's not forget he went undrafted for a reason. And he wasn't very good as a starter last season either.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
He will be and Detroit decided not to tag him so he'll be on the open market. He may return to Detroit but it would be amazing if we could bring in his speed and pass rush ability opposite of Suggs.
He wasn't tagged but they tendered him at the 1st and 3rd round pick level. If that holds up there's no way we're getting him. I think they'll shell out the cash for him anyways, he's pretty much the only "pure" pass-rushing end they have. He's a prototypical fit for DE in Schwartz's system.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote