Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2

Josh Freeman rated higher than Joe Flacco. Quite frankly, I agree. Freeman has the swagger that Joe is starting to find. But he's leaps and bounds ahead of him in that department in my opinion.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smaller sample size but yeah I like Freeman more than Flacco, I think Freeman will be an all pro for a while. The difference between them is Freeman is gifted outside of the pocket and improvising. Flacco needs perfect protection, I always get scared whenever he's pressured. I really think Freeman will be a star in this league, Big Ben but with a higher IQ. Flacco is a good QB and can be a championship QB with a great team around him but I would not have Flacco as a top 10 QB in this league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna know w hat happened to his composure he had from his rookie year.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see how Flacco progresses now that he has a solid stable of receivers. Some games he does buckle under pressure and will force some passes but that's his lines fault. The offensive line played awful down the stretch last season, so it'll be interesting to see if the group gets any better.
Anyways, I feel like Flacco is in for his best season yet. I'm guessing;
(4000 yards and 30 TDs)
Old 05-09-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco has the arm to make every throw imaginable but his pocket presence is awful. He's lucky he hasn't fumlbed it more. He has no sense of when the pressure is coming and he is not good with ball security. He also is fairly slow moving out of the pocket. I just wish he dumped it off into the ground more.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about Flacco at all. He is only going into his 4th season and if I were to offer 25 tds 10 ints and a 93.6 qb rating three years ago, I would take that in an instant. He is going to continue to grow and get better.

The one thing I do hope for is that they give him more freedom with the offense. I believe we have very solid options at WR, RB, and TE. I like the guys we have at all those positions. The OL needs some work but its a good group overall, you could do a lot worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Flacco's in for a great season. Say what you want about him, but he's got another year in Cam's system, Raymell should have a bounce back year, he has the best WR core he's had since being there and seems to be getting more confident and more comfortable. If Oher and Jah can provide solid protection on the outside, the stage seems to be set for him to have a great season. I dunno, its just the feeling I get.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Flacco has the arm to make every throw imaginable but his pocket presence is awful. He's lucky he hasn't fumlbed it more. He has no sense of when the pressure is coming and he is not good with ball security. He also is fairly slow moving out of the pocket. I just wish he dumped it off into the ground more.
Got to agree here. "Joe Cool" isn't all that cool when he's under fire. I'm hoping he picks it up this season, but I don't know if he's got the huevos to be a Super Bowl quarterback.

Freeman is incredibly impressive given that he was playing with an undrafted rookie RB, his best wideout was a 4th round rookie, and he's only in his second year after being deemed "not NFL ready" coming out of school (although Flacco was too). He's 3 years younger than Flacco and in his second year he puts up 25/6 and 3500 yards. Plus he's running for over 5 a clip and completes 60%+ of his passes. Even more than that, he's a comeback machine and led the team to 10 wins with a garbage defense.

Obviously, Joe is still a premier quarterback, that's why he was rated the 90th best player in the league. I just hope he can bring some confidence to an offensive unit that has been about as dangerous of scoring threat as the defense for the past decade. He's made so many great plays, but he just ***** up so bad against the Steelers. I honestly feel like when the offense is on the field, the Steelers are more likely to score of a Joe fumble or pick. I liked the fire he showed when Zorn was dismissed. Let's see that translate to the field.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I really think Flacco's in for a great season. Say what you want about him, but he's got another year in Cam's system, Raymell should have a bounce back year, he has the best WR core he's had since being there and seems to be getting more confident and more comfortable. If Oher and Jah can provide solid protection on the outside, the stage seems to be set for him to have a great season. I dunno, its just the feeling I get.
This is how I feel as well. As long as the offensive line plays better than it did last season this should be by far the best offensive unit Flacco (and possibly the Ravens organization) has had. Flacco's past "meltdowns" under pressure do worry me but I think he's progressed every year and I think that trend will continue. We've got just about everything he needs to be successful now (it's not like he hasn't been successful before though) and this unit of the Ravens should be good enough to be a true contender. There isn't a realistic alternative to Flacco that I'd rather have either (free agent or drafting one in the late first where the team usually is). However, if we don't get a better pass-rush from the defense we could be looking at another one-and-done playoff appearance.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco didnt have a bad playoffs. He did great Vs KC. and he did about as good as he usually does VS. Pitt (obviously he needs to improve here). But I think he has what it takes.

Also Flacco being at 90 is a good spot for him. The unfortanete thing is Ryan will be about 50 spots ahead of him which isnt true.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, he is ahead of Flacco, but not 50 spots. And I will fall down laughing if Mark Sanchez or Matt Cassell are higher than Flacco.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yeah, he is ahead of Flacco, but not 50 spots. And I will fall down laughing if Mark Sanchez or Matt Cassell are higher than Flacco.
I would be very surprised if they were. Sanchez still has a lot to prove and Cassell has already hit his ceiling as a solid guy but he's not a franchise QB like Flacco can become.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ag-more-homers

Chances are slim that we re-sign Wilson according to Walker. I think we will get him signed. Fox and Smith starting, Wilson will be a nice nickel. Webb would be a great #4 CB/return man. Then Williams/Brown for the #5/special teams spot.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Wilson was your best corner last season. It'd be wise to resign him IMO.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I thought Wilson was your best corner last season. It'd be wise to resign him IMO.
He probably was, but his value to the team is down with the addition of Smith and Foxworth coming back. I still want the Ravens to re-sign him but if he's asking for a contract similar to Foxworth's (just something I think will happen, nothing has been reported) it might not be possible if we want to bring in a decent pass-rusher while also retaining Ngata and Yanda. The team has to think about upcoming extensions for Flacco, Rice, and Grubbs as well.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea I agree he was better then Carr, the thing is who knows how Fox will return from his torn ACL. I expect Webb to improve from last season since I think he will be fully 100% this upcoming year. Id like us to re-sign Wilson or Carr.

Unless we get Aso then everything changes :)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea I agree he was better then Carr, the thing is who knows how Fox will return from his torn ACL. I expect Webb to improve from last season since I think he will be fully 100% this upcoming year. Id like us to re-sign Wilson or Carr.

Unless we get Aso then everything changes :)
Agreed. I think everyone just assumes Fox is gonna be a starting caliber corner when he comes back. Webb is decent, but can't be relied on, so I think it's pretty important we get one of those corners back (Wilson or Carr).
Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, at this point, I'd take Carr or Wilson over Foxworth for opening day. I prefer us working Foxworth back in slowly like we somewhat did with Webb.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty confident in Foxworth being ready to go from the start. He didn't tear his ACL late in the season like Webb did, his injury occurred the first day of training camp last season if I remember correctly so I don't think we will see him hindered too much. Carr is probably going to be back anyways (cheaper than Wilson and he's a big fan of Pagano) so we'll have him to start outside if need be.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't bring back Wilson, I'll be pissed. He played great last season and really stepped up his game down the stretch. He shouldn't be too expensive to bring back. Of all our FA's, I'd rank him the 2nd highest priority behind only Yanda. Jimmy and Wilson should be the starting CB's week 1 and moving into the future and I'll be upset if they're not.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Of all our FA's, I'd rank him the 2nd highest priority behind only Yanda.
How bout Ngata?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
How bout Ngata?
Ngata is just a given I'd guess. Was he tagged and will that tag even hold up?

Either way he is by far the most important FA

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

For CB, I can see Smith, Wilson (if back), Webb, and Foxworth all battling for those 2 starting spots. With Smith, this group is pretty solid and is a huge turn around from a couple of years ago. We have good depth all around with Smith having the potential to be a real lock down guy eventually.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 05-17-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...year_deal.html

Quote:
The agent for Haloti Ngata says the Pro Bowl defensive tackle has signed a one-year contract with the Ravens for the franchise number, or $12.5 million.

Agent Mike McCartney did not specifiy in an email when Ngata signed, only that he had.

The Ravens put the nonexclusive franchise tag on Ngata, 27, before the lockout because rules under the previous CBA prohibited it. According to the CBA, a player who made 30% or more in 2010 from his 2009 contract cannot renegotiate or receive an extension.
Whether or not that holds up under a new CBA is questionable but at the moment I don't consider him a free agent.

Quote:
If we don't bring back Wilson, I'll be pissed. He played great last season and really stepped up his game down the stretch. He shouldn't be too expensive to bring back. Of all our FA's, I'd rank him the 2nd highest priority behind only Yanda. Jimmy and Wilson should be the starting CB's week 1 and moving into the future and I'll be upset if they're not.
Wilson is probably our best free agent behind Yanda, but I don't think he'll be cheap to bring back. He played well last season and other teams noticed it, and with his age that's only going to make him a more attractive option on the free agent market. If we're able to retain him as a RFA then that's great but at this point it's hard to tell.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...g-game-player/

Good article bout Doss, IDK he was such a big time gamer.