Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-04-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Is Missouri's Defense better than anyones? It's a one man defense.
I'm definitely surprised Missouri is down by 10 going into halftime.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Missouri's Defense better than anyones? It's a one man defense.
Yep, but that one man might be the best DE in the country. Smith is so much fun to watch.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chykie Brown is a scrub. Christian Scott with the big hit, next great Longhorn safety!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice 2nd half by Missouri outscoring Illinois 20-0 and held Illinois to 85 total yards while also creating two takeaways.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL what happened to Kansas.

hahahahahahahahaha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Utah State almost beat OU. Is OU worse than we thought, USU way better than we thought, the scoreline deceptive or OU just not ready?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Man, Utah State almost beat OU. Is OU worse than we thought, USU way better than we thought, the scoreline deceptive or OU just not ready?
I think, when it comes to games like these first ones, you are going to have trouble motivating a team of 18-22 year olds to get pumped up about beating up on some small school.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it basketball season yet?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think, when it comes to games like these first ones, you are going to have trouble motivating a team of 18-22 year olds to get pumped up about beating up on some small school.
I'm hoping it's this and that OU was looking ahead to FSU. But our secondary is ******* awful. #3 Jonathon Nelson got abused all night. I lost count how many times he gave up a touchdown or a huge gain. Our OL didn't block very well either.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

talking with a friend who was at last night's A&M game, apparently they didn't play Von Miller that much. They're scared our best defender is going to get hurt before conference play.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon Smith named Defensive Player of the week! BEAST!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
I would wager that your defense is much better than ours.
I never thought I would hear anyone say that.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Missouri's Defense looked great when they ran Press Coverage, Illinois kept picking on Gettis and he made them pay. They never really tested Rutland. They should run a lot more Press this season, not that garbage "umbrella" defense they've been running the past few years.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I have zero faith in our defense.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
I have zero faith in our defense.
I've been there. As Holt_Bruce pointed out there has been some schematic changes this season and there is some talent. We may be decent this season, but it appears that we have little help at DT right now and our secondary depth is inexperienced. I'm anxious to see how we perform against A&M, it should be a pivotal game for both teams seasons.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I wasn't expecting the result of OU vs FSU. OU vs Utah State 31-24, OU vs FSU 47-17? wtf?

Jonathon Nelson totally redeemed himself yesterday. He had a lot of good pass breakups.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I think that first OU game was the team looking ahead to FSU, which isnt unusual in college football.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that first OU game was the team looking ahead to FSU, which isnt unusual in college football.
I could not agree more... OU looked legit this weekend. I am worried about Missouri this weekend facing San Diego St. I think they are a team that we cannot afford to look past, and who will test our secondary far more than Illinois could. If we don't get to the QB, we will be in for a long day.

I am hoping both Missouri and Texas A&M are undefeated going into the 10/16 matchup in College Station. I think that game will go a long way in determining how far each team will go this season. A&M has a couple tough games to survive in order to get there though. OSU and Arkansas followed by Missouri is tough. Not to mention you have to play Nebraska and Kansas. Where is Iowa State and Colorado from the North. That schedule is absolutely brutal!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
That schedule is absolutely brutal!
if we had a decent offensive line, I'd say that we could probably out-score all those teams (save for Mizzou and Arkansas) for wins, but I don't trust our line to give JJ even 2 seconds to read a defense. however, our defense is atrocious.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Mizzou better be ready for Saturday, I just have a feeling the Tigers will take San Diego State lightly and the score will be a lot closer than it should be. I think all Tiger fans remember the Bowling Green scare last season.

I like what I saw from Henry Josey, kid has a nice speed burst.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

My cousin pointed this out to me today and it's something I didn't really notice. Sam Bradford and Jason White are both Heisman winners who never won a bowl game.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Talking to a Nebraska fan today, he says a game at Washington is tougher for an opposing Quarterback because of their fan base than a Game at Texas A&M lol. No offense to Husky nation, but A&M probably has the best fan base in the country, playing there is tough on any Quarterback, especially a freshman.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Talking to a Nebraska fan today, he says a game at Washington is tougher for an opposing Quarterback because of their fan base than a Game at Texas A&M lol. No offense to Husky nation, but A&M probably has the best fan base in the country, playing there is tough on any Quarterback, especially a freshman.
That is laughable. The 12th Man > Washington. Doesn't A&M have that phrase trademarked?

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well, are you talking about on the norm, or when a Husky crowd is motivated?

For example, the loudest recorded college football stadium in history is actually Husky Stadium, and it was actually against the Huskers back in '92.

Even on Saturday, they commented that the decibel level was well over 100 throughout most of the 1st half of the game. That is until Taylor Martinez caused a quiet hush to go over that place with that 80 yard run to start the 2nd half. HA!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Doesn't A&M have that phrase trademarked?
"The 12th Man" is trademarked. Ask the Seahawks about it.