Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 222
Reputation: 28221
FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Seven Round Steelers Mock

RD1 - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
Steps right up as a LT for Big Ben for the next decade. I have a feeling either Davis or Williams falls to us. I'd rather have Williams so to not be too much of a Homer I have Davis fall.

RD2 - Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech
With Ryan Clark gone and our secondary not producing much in turn overs we get a ball hawk who can run. 4.42 forty and had 14 picks the last three seasons!

RD3 - Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
Good hands, hips, and speed. Instant up grade for our secondary with Spievey and Burnett.

RD4 - Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
If Spikes gets manned up on a RB or TE his 5 second forty might be bad. But as a run stuffer, blitzer, and zone cover man he is awesome.

RD5 - Brandon Sharpe, OLB, Texas Tech
18 TFL and 15 sacks. I love Harrison but he's 32. We need a young replacement for Woodley and this would work out great.

RD6 - Kevin Matthews, C, Texas A&M
Son of a Hall of Famer and Cousin first year pro bowler Clay Mathews. Some good genes in this kid.

RD7 - Brandon Deaderick, DL, Alabama
Perfect 3-4 DE. He didn't have a great year unless you consider he was recovering from a Gun Shot wound!
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,378
Reputation: 198285
Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

You do know Clark is back man? And we do not need a young replacement for Woodley, in any way shape or form.
__________________
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Finnegans Wake
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 188
Reputation: 1034
Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
You do know Clark is back man? And we do not need a young replacement for Woodley, in any way shape or form.
Clark is not the future. We need a FS to come in and start next year, at the latest, and switch Clark to backup. Clark is solid, unless Polamalu's not there to get his back, in which case he's just Anthony Smith without the braggadocio. We need a real playmaker, someone UNDER 30, who can anchor the defensive backfield for the next ... few contract cycles. Burnett would be an excellent choice, IMO, one of 3 FS players I like R1-2.

And the OP does state that Harrison is 32; I think the Woodley mention was a typo. Our OLB depth = a hot pile of sick-up, so a R5 OLB seems a smart spot, tho' Brandon Sharpe isn't on my radar. KEI is a good indicator here (reps + BJ + VJ), 70 being the number to beat; Sharpe is well under. Average 40 speed. Pass.

I also love Spievey, but at R2; don't see how he falls to R3. He's one of 3 CBs I like in that R2 cluster (also AOA and Ghee).

Spikes isn't falling to R4, sorry. I know everyone is agog over the 40 time, and it simply reinforces what most people thought about him: good player, slow. But I think front offices will rely on tape more than crappy UF field conditions, where he was reportedly having cleat issues. May fall to R3, but that's it. R4 ILB may include Jamar Chaney (though his 40 time may boot him up to R3), Donald Butler of Washington, and one dark horse, AJ Edds of Iowa: move him outside in, since he's plenty good in coverage and a solid hitter.

R5 is incomplete if you're not mocking the 2 projected comps.

R6 is a good value for C, although I'm not enamored of any C past Pouncey, Tennant, and Walton. I think we need to stop messing around with the Sean Mahans and Justin Hartwigs of the world. Bloodlines or not, Matthews isn't deemed a premiere C in this class, more like a backup.

Deaderick would be a good R7 DE value, run-stopping DT converted to DE. Also need a R7 comp.
Finnegans Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Posts: 6,878
Reputation: 994490
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yeah, no replacement for Woodley, might've been a brain-fart and meant Harrison though, for which we need a *future* replacement.

Overall, pretty solid mock. Really like Davis and Spikes, like Burnett and Deadrick, okay with Spievey and Matthews, and know little to nothing about Sharpe.

Matthews' valuable bloodline connection comes from his father Bruce Matthews, Hall of Fame O-line should team him some valuable stuff.
__________________

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Finnegans Wake
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 188
Reputation: 1034
Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.Finnegans Wake is a cocksman.
Default

I still don't think Davis falls to 1.18.

If this was our haul, I'd be pretty happy though. Surprised Spievey and Spikes fell that far, but happy to take 'em.
Finnegans Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 222
Reputation: 28221
FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
RD1 - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
Steps right up as a LT for Big Ben for the next decade. I have a feeling either Davis or Williams falls to us. I'd rather have Williams so to not be too much of a Homer I have Davis fall.

RD2 - Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech
With Ryan Clark gone and our secondary not producing much in turn overs we get a ball hawk who can run. 4.42 forty and had 14 picks the last three seasons!

RD3 - Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
Good hands, hips, and speed. Instant up grade for our secondary with Spievey and Burnett.

RD4 - Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
If Spikes gets manned up on a RB or TE his 5 second forty might be bad. But as a run stuffer, blitzer, and zone cover man he is awesome.

RD5 - Brandon Sharpe, OLB, Texas Tech
18 TFL and 15 sacks. I love Harrison but he's 32. We need a young replacement for Woodley and this would work out great.

RD6 - Kevin Matthews, C, Texas A&M
Son of a Hall of Famer and Cousin first year pro bowler Clay Mathews. Some good genes in this kid.

RD7 - Brandon Deaderick, DL, Alabama
Perfect 3-4 DE. He didn't have a great year unless you consider he was recovering from a Gun Shot wound!
I did not know we re-signed Clark. I am in Wisconsin and all the news I hear about the Burgh is Big Ben saga. FW is right I meant Harrison needs a young OLB behind him to replace him in a year or two. Don't see a lot of 34 year old LB's anymore.

Brandon Sharpe Ran a 4.71. Not blazing but now slow. And rememeber CLark Haggans ran a 5.03 forty and was a pretty impressive pass rusher. Sharpe also had a 35 inch vert and put up 23 reps. Not crazy numbers but not bad either. And again, 18 TFL and 15 sacks. those are the numbers I like.

And if we receive two 5th round picks and a 7th which means one 6th round when the league works it out. Here are my other picsk.

RD5- Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois
Ran for nearly 1,700 yards, 18 TD's at 7.1 per all be it at Southern Illinois last year. But also ran a 4.37 forty with a 43 inch vert. Might be a nice change of pace for Mendy.

RD5- Scott Sicko, TE, New Hampshire
Spaeth is probably gone next year and a back up to Miller is needed. Sicko had 57 catches for 725 yards at little New Hampshire. Not shabby, but you put that with his 4.53 forty, and 35 inch vert at 6-5 251lbs and you got something to work with,

RD7- Tim Hiller, QB, Western Michigan
Dixon doesn't seem like a solid back-up at this point and Batch can't stay healthy. Hiller has the size, arm, and put up great numbers. At one point when he threw for 36 TD's and 10 INT's his name was mentions with Bradford and Tebow so if he's around here I'd jump on it.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 53
Reputation: 21359
savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default No Way Spikes In 4th Round

There is no way in the world that Brandon Spikes lasts til the 4th round. His time was slow but the guy just makes plays and there is no way he makes it that long.. no way
__________________
Proud To Say I Am A Sinner Saved By The Grace of God...
May God Truly Bless Each and Everyone of You...
Proud Veteran of Steeler Nation for Over 30 Years and The 6 Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
savedbygrace89
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 53
Reputation: 21359
savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.savedbygrace89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Search The Web Bud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFairlane View Post
I did not know we re-signed Clark. I am in Wisconsin and all the news I hear about the Burgh is Big Ben saga. FW is right I meant Harrison needs a young OLB behind him to replace him in a year or two. Don't see a lot of 34 year old LB's anymore.

Brandon Sharpe Ran a 4.71. Not blazing but now slow. And rememeber CLark Haggans ran a 5.03 forty and was a pretty impressive pass rusher. Sharpe also had a 35 inch vert and put up 23 reps. Not crazy numbers but not bad either. And again, 18 TFL and 15 sacks. those are the numbers I like.

And if we receive two 5th round picks and a 7th which means one 6th round when the league works it out. Here are my other picsk.

RD5- Deji Karim, RB, Southern Illinois
Ran for nearly 1,700 yards, 18 TD's at 7.1 per all be it at Southern Illinois last year. But also ran a 4.37 forty with a 43 inch vert. Might be a nice change of pace for Mendy.

RD5- Scott Sicko, TE, New Hampshire
Spaeth is probably gone next year and a back up to Miller is needed. Sicko had 57 catches for 725 yards at little New Hampshire. Not shabby, but you put that with his 4.53 forty, and 35 inch vert at 6-5 251lbs and you got something to work with,

RD7- Tim Hiller, QB, Western Michigan
Dixon doesn't seem like a solid back-up at this point and Batch can't stay healthy. Hiller has the size, arm, and put up great numbers. At one point when he threw for 36 TD's and 10 INT's his name was mentions with Bradford and Tebow so if he's around here I'd jump on it.
There is a lot of websites that will give you a Lot of Steelers and NFL news.. like Post-gazette.com/steelers
theredzone.org
Check those 2 sites out.. they give lots of Information on the Steelers as the Post-Gazette is the hometown newspaper for the Steelers and theredzone.org is great information for all that happens in the NFL.
__________________
Proud To Say I Am A Sinner Saved By The Grace of God...
May God Truly Bless Each and Everyone of You...
Proud Veteran of Steeler Nation for Over 30 Years and The 6 Time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers
savedbygrace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.