Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Skylar.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buncha misogynists with your Skylar hating. THIS IS WHY AWFULLYQUIET LEFT!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even gilligan has said that he's confused by all the skylar hate. The worst thing she's done is smoke with the baby pretty much everything else has been justified.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The show is loved by the Internet, and the Internet is full of misogynistic assholes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-09-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The show is loved by the Internet, and the Internet is full of misogynistic assholes.
>>>/Reddit/
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Okay /pol/ *****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-09-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay /pol/ *****.
**** /pol/.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
When compared to 2, 3 and 4, I guess 5a wasn't as amazing, but I don't get any bashing of the show at all.
I wasn't bashing, I said it was a 'relative disappointment' which is true considering the show hit new levels in the 4th season which was the best one and 5a was arguably the worst.

Quote:
I like Skylar.
What is that you find appealing about weak, manipulative people/characters? (I suspect your answer may have something to do with my next point...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
even gilligan has said that he's confused by all the skylar hate. The worst thing she's done is smoke with the baby pretty much everything else has been justified.
I'm a yo fan but it bothers me when people do this. Feel what you feel about character and just own it. Don't go through and make a list of all a characters actions and weigh the consequence against the rationalizations and then decide off that how you feel about someone based on what you think you should feel.

*Quick tangent* This was part of the reason for my post earlier today. I was kinda realizing that reading a bunch of recaps, predictions and internet opinions of people telling me what I should expect next or how I should feel about something was kinda taking away from shows a little bit for me. I used to read a few Mad Men recaps and I'd go through and read some of the comments and such and at some point I realized I enjoyed it more when I just avoided those things. Even compared to Mad Men, Breaking Bad has a HUGE internet following and there's the whole internet culture of overanalyzing and telling people how to feel about something is magnified. I'm open to hearing different ideas on things but I don't like things that tell me how I'm supposed to think/feel or interpret something because trying to do that for yourself is part of the experience of a show of this caliber.

Quote:
*Another quick tangent that really doesn't really have anything to do with Breaking Bad*

I'm not defending the assholes of the internet at all (in fact the mass popularity of the show among stupid people of the internet is kinda what prompted my post that started our earlier "beef") but at some point the vagina mafia decided that man honesty was the same thing as misogyny. (This isn't meant to be a dig at you Brody) I don't know if you relate to 'Man Honesty' on the same level which is why you may see it differently but it's very annoying to me when people, especially men, cry 'misogyny' whenever other men say anything against women in the same way people love to cry 'racist' whenever another white person says anything racial. Someone saying something racial doesn't mean they hate black people and just because men dislike a female character on a TV show means they hate women.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Skyler cheated on her husband who has cancer and then gives dbag all of their money

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, the smoking while pregnant thing is pretty bad given that there's believed to be a link between smoking while pregnant and children having cerebral palsy, which sort of implies that her smoking probably caused Walt Jr.'s cerebral palsy.

She also burned through all of the money in a very short span of time (keep in mind, the timeline of the show is pretty short). And she wanted to file for divorce because her husband was engaged in felonious activity, even as she became a co-conspirator in the felonious activity of her boss. When the situation became inconvenient, she sent hired thugs after her boss. This is just among other crappy things that she's done.

Quote:
She's not the most evil person in the show (not by a mile), but she is a terrible person in her own right. You have to be a real asshat to take the "people who don't like Skylar are misogynists" angle.

Last edited by WCH : 08-10-2013 at 02:36 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize that should feel bad for Skylar, but I hate her because all she does is *****, cry, feel bad for herself, cheat, treat others around her like ****, and make terrible decisions. Yes, she's in a **** situation, but it gets old when that's all she ever does.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I realize that should feel bad for Skylar, but I hate her because all she does is *****, cry, feel bad for herself, cheat, treat others around her like ****, and make terrible decisions. Yes, she's in a **** situation, but it gets old when that's all she ever does.
I want to hug you.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Not to mention she started all of this way before we got time for us to justify her being like this. Literally before things even got that bad with Walt she was freaking out over him being home a couple hours late and not really talking to her. Like, the dude is going to die, he probably is having a hard enough time handling it without you up his ass every two seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mythbusters will have Aaron Paul and Vince Gilligan on it Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3715250.html
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Mythbusters will have Aaron Paul and Vince Gilligan on it Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3715250.html
the episode leaked already a week or so ago.

http://www.sockshare.com/file/904BC994F95B8BEF#
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

She also burned through all of the money in a very short span of time (keep in mind, the timeline of the show is pretty short). And she wanted to file for divorce because her husband was engaged in felonious activity, even as she became a co-conspirator in the felonious activity of her boss. When the situation became inconvenient, she sent hired thugs after her boss. This is just among other crappy things that she's done.

These are all things that she did only when it was clear that they were going to be caught by the IRS.

And I would say that being pressured into cooking the books for your boss is a little milder than selling meth and killing people, so I don't really see why she was in the wrong when she wanted a divorce.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-10-2013 at 01:58 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rewatching the last season, guessing Rice didn't work out for Lance.

Also, saying that if you dislike Skylar you must be a misogynist is ignant.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Skylar.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Skylar.
How long before you start defending Lori as well?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skyler doesn't deserve the quantity of hate she receives. She can be annoying, but not enough to detract from the show.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
These are all things that she did only when it was clear that they were going to be caught by the IRS.

And I would say that being pressured into cooking the books for your boss is a little milder than selling meth and killing people, so I don't really see why she was in the wrong when she wanted a divorce.
I would argue that cooking the books is worse than selling meth (but nowhere near as bad as murder, obviously). Capitalist societies have room for drug dealers, but they can't tolerate fraud. But that thought ventures into politics, which isn't something I want to do.

My main beef is with the idea that I'm sexist because I happen to dislike a female character. That's a dumb suggestion.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skylar = Carmela Sopranao archetype. Very few good female characters.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
My main beef is with the idea that I'm sexist because I happen to dislike a female character. That's a dumb suggestion.
Agree. When people devolve into name calling they've lost their argument.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

There's a difference between Skylar hating and constantly bitching about her getting in the way of Walt being a badass, or whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-11-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skylar is an Unempathetic ***** and has been so from episode one. She dictates and whines and doesn't ever think about other people's wants, needs, or motivations. She is self centered and a bully. This is all from her character pre Walt becoming a criminal. Everything else has reinforced that. She is small and has small and selfish desires and motivations.

She has a good side, but that was never featured as a primary trait. They chose to focus on the conflict in their relationship, the traits that would cause a rift under high stress.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote