Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-27-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll miss the feeling of experiencing a Breaking Bad episode for the first time. Siiiiigh :(
Old 08-27-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I DEMAND YOU ******* ASSHOLES WATCH THE SHIELD AND STOP THIS ********. Goddammit, where the **** is TACKLE? Someone summon his Jew ass.
Get better at identifying Jews, Jewboy.

The Shield is legit though. It's solid through the first few seasons then goes to new levels in the final few with the ending probably been as good as any I've seen. The way The Shield ended would probably make for the best ending for Breaking Bad if it hadn't already been done.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting really annoyed with all the people hating on this episode because they couldn't follow/understand how Jesse had his epiphany. It's not the writers' fault you don't pay attention and need everything explicitly explained to you. On TV, it's better to show than to tell.

I noticed Huell taking Jesse's weed right when he did it. He even said "excuse me" as he did it.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured immediately what Jesse was thinking but i did not notice Huell taking the weed. Walt Jr isn't home because his Challenger isn't there, but it's very likely either he or Hank shows up and keeps Jesse from scorching it. Then again, a half burned house could be a good reason why it was abandoned.

Anyway, top three episode of the show. Aaron Paul's acting is just out of this universe right now.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm getting really annoyed with all the people hating on this episode because they couldn't follow/understand how Jesse had his epiphany. It's not the writers' fault you don't pay attention and need everything explicitly explained to you. On TV, it's better to show than to tell.

I noticed Huell taking Jesse's weed right when he did it. He even said "excuse me" as he did it.
I literally jumped out of my seat and asked everyone in the room if they saw it when it happened, and figured that would lead to Jesse piecing some of it together.

And yeah I had to explain it to a friend whom I was watching it with. Idk why that part was so hard to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Walter White is a heroic character. From the beginning he has been trying to reclaim his sense of control and take charge in his own life, and he's largely succeeded.

Only emasculated little Reddit ***** types with no will to power would deride him and not find him sympathetic. You'd have to be some special kind of weakling to actually think Walter should have taken that charity from the two people in the world who specifically screwed him over."

From another message board and the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I figured immediately what Jesse was thinking but i did not notice Huell taking the weed. Walt Jr isn't home because his Challenger isn't there, but it's very likely either he or Hank shows up and keeps Jesse from scorching it. Then again, a half burned house could be a good reason why it was abandoned.

Anyway, top three episode of the show. Aaron Paul's acting is just out of this universe right now.
On Talking Bad, they showed a still photo of next week's episode that appeared to have Walt and Skyler staying at a hotel, presumably as the house is repaired.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god. Just no. Theres a difference between taking control of your life and ruining everyone elses in the process. Thus far all we know about them "screwing" him was that he sold his share of the company, thats on him and they even bring that up to him in the episode where she meets with him. That statement is just so wrong, on so many levels.

Not to mention the overarching theme, and name of the show

Breaking Bad.........

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex is being a troll, how many times do I have to say this

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All trolling aside, does anyone actually believe Walt was screwed out of his shares in Grey Matter? From the little information we've been given, Walt fell in love with Gretchen and she ditched him for the third partner, right? At that point he took a buy out from what i imagine was a lot (mostly) his work.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
All trolling aside, does anyone actually believe Walt was screwed out of his shares in Grey Matter? From the little information we've been given, Walt fell in love with Gretchen and she ditched him for the third partner, right? At that point he took a buy out from what i imagine was a lot (mostly) his work.
That's a great question to raise. It's been a long time since I watched the scene that flashes back to younger Walt at Grey Matter, but given that we only get the details from Walt himself, it makes total sense that he would embellish or flat out lie about the circumstances that spawned his massive feelings of entitlement.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a major "corporate scumbag" feel from Elliot at his birthday party, there is no way Walt wasn't forced/guilted into selling his shares.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did walt cheat on skyler with gretchen or how does that timeline plan out

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That's a great question to raise. It's been a long time since I watched the scene that flashes back to younger Walt at Grey Matter, but given that we only get the details from Walt himself, it makes total sense that he would embellish or flat out lie about the circumstances that spawned his massive feelings of entitlement.
I haven't watched that scene in a long time as well but from what i recall he seemed to show a lot of endearment for Gretchen as she watched in awe of his intelligence. I always assumed he developed strong feelings for her while working together and she just didn't quite feel the same. It would actually explain why it seemed like his love life with Skylar was never really passionate at all, maybe his true love was actually Gretchen, and he was bought out early out of his own free will. And now his obsession with becoming rich and powerful is due to his weakness costing him so much money and love in his "previous" life.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I got a major "corporate scumbag" feel from Elliot at his birthday party, there is no way Walt wasn't forced/guilted into selling his shares.
Elliot was only willing himself to power by forcing Walt out and buying his shares. Hes a totally sympathetic character who was trying to retake control of his life by stealing Gretchen and buying out Walt's share.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17
the love triangle at grey matter left walt too shameful to continue working with gretchen and he hastily left the company didn't he? that's what i had inferred from the little that breaking bad showed of the flashback.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, this is exactly what happened and it's how it's been explained to have happened.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walt ditched Gretchen while he was with her and her family on a vacation for a reason they never explained, asshats.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Elliot was only willing himself to power by forcing Walt out and buying his shares. Hes a totally sympathetic character who was trying to retake control of his life by stealing Gretchen and buying out Walt's share.
Elliot has giant dumbo ears, thus, he's a subhuman and the rules of attaining power don't apply to him.

Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Elliot has giant dumbo ears, thus, he's a subhuman and the rules of attaining power don't apply to him.
This answer has no counter points. I concede to you sir.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-27-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone know the answer to my question? was walt working at gray matter when he met skyler, did he cheat on skyler with gretchen or vice versa?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
anyone know the answer to my question? was walt working at gray matter when he met skyler, did he cheat on skyler with gretchen or vice versa?
I don't think that has been established, but I'm guessing Skyler came after he'd left Grey Matter.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Skylar was the rebound, that's why Walt could never bang her properly.