Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-01-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ozymandias involves Walt dropping a giant squid on New York and killing millions.
Cloverfield is the alternate ending to Watchmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

Was talking about this earlier, it just sucks how Jesse keeps getting shafted. Everyone around him pretends to care about him and just uses him for their own personal gain. He took the beatings, he always gave up the money, he lost loved ones, he was manipulated, his family disowned him.. makes me wonder if Gilligan will reward us with Jesse's one and only win at the end of the show, or will continue to keep him a tortured soul. I wouldn't be upset with either one, to be honest, but i do wish he could finally prevail at some point.
I was thinking this as well tonight. Goes Gillian want us to believe the "exact reverse opposite" (Jesse's words to Hank) as an audience about what fate awaits Jesse?

All signs point to Jesse's death, but in some sense it's exactly that which gives me hope he survives.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I'm curious to see what Jesse's plan is. He's turned into a mad scientist in season 5 with the magnet deal and the train heist. Now his paranoia has sparked a new idea!
Let's work through this:

1) Pretty safe to say Jesse wants to see justice served and Walt to be caught and exposed rather than see him be killed.

2) When he makes that payphone call, Jesse has already devised or is trying to devise a way to get Walt to incriminate himself in some way since he, Hank and Gomey have all (probably correctly) deduced that no evidence of their illicit activity exists anymore.

3) "Next time I am going to get you where you REALLY live." Are we reading this line literally? Does Walt have a fatal flaw like Gus had that allowed him to fall for Hector/Walt baiting him into the open? Walt's got a lot of flaws and the prime ones are his pride, sense of entitlement and his unrivaled ego. Jesse probably could screw with Walt in this respect.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think Walt will be suspicious that Jesse didn't call him from his cell phone?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he tries to destroy the Heisenberg name and reputation. Could easily see Walt losing his **** and incriminating himself as he tries to save the legacy/empire he created.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse could 'turn himself in', claiming to be Heisenberg, and take all of Walt's credit. That would be getting at Walt's ego/pride/etc.

No idea, none of this is thought out, im just slinging stuff at the wall cause im bored.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Maybe he tries to destroy the Heisenberg name and reputation. Could easily see Walt losing his **** and incriminating himself as he tries to save the legacy/empire he created.
Definitely. That's what I was getting at with Walt's fatal flaws. It's much like when Walt couldn't bring himself to keep quiet when Hank wondered aloud whether Gale could possibly be Heisenberg. He can't handle having anyone question or tarnish his own greatness.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that between now and the end something bad enough happens where Walt has to travel across the country, change his identity and re-acquire his lethal ricin. Something bad is going to go down, and soon.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Jesse could 'turn himself in', claiming to be Heisenberg, and take all of Walt's credit. That would be getting at Walt's ego/pride/etc.

No idea, none of this is thought out, im just slinging stuff at the wall cause im bored.
I like where you're going with that. I do wonder how the big "Heisenberg" writing in Walt's house in the flash forward would jive with that though. Seems clear that Walt eventually gets outed publicly.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I like where you're going with that. I do wonder how the big "Heisenberg" writing in Walt's house in the flash forward would jive with that though. Seems clear that Walt eventually gets outed publicly.
The idea would be the same as the post before it, Walt's ego cant handle it and somehow incriminates himself leading to his escape to New Hampshire and people knowing the truth/vandalizing his house.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing has actually said he was IN New Hampshire, just that he has a DL from there. Just making sure we all understand that.

Also, while trying to steal his credit is a solid idea, sending himself into jail where the gangs know who is calling the shots is not a smart idea at all. Jesse finally wants to survive while burning Walt, don't think he sacrifices himself like that.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's definitely a likely scenario; we've seen it many times where Jesse couldn't kill someone or do any hard to anyone even when the gun was pointed at Walt. I still don't think he could kill anyone given the opportunity again.

Some random thoughts

Does that scene where he looks at Walt and Skylar in the picture with the santa suit mean anything? I mean it could be nothing, but this **** has me thinking about every possibility.

Another thought is him going to Walt Jr. and telling him everything / also the day they meet **** will go down

Wish they would've showed at least a clip of Jesse's story, who knows what all he told Hank?

I don't know just random thoughts that came to my mind

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nothing has actually said he was IN New Hampshire, just that he has a DL from there. Just making sure we all understand that.

Also, while trying to steal his credit is a solid idea, sending himself into jail where the gangs know who is calling the shots is not a smart idea at all. Jesse finally wants to survive while burning Walt, don't think he sacrifices himself like that.
Thats why I put 'turn himself in' in quotes, it would have to be a deal with the DEA or something where he doesnt go to jail. Who knows. Im with you on that though.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually initially thought Hank was gonna send the video to Walt like Walt did to him. I'm with you on the possibility of their being some kind of mental game being played by the DEA later.

With only a few episodes left and so much yet unanswered, i'm about to lose my **** waiting on next week's episode. There's just no more room for set-ups, **** will start flying at us 100mph and i can't wait.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

Does that scene where he looks at Walt and Skylar in the picture with the santa suit mean anything? I mean it could be nothing, but this **** has me thinking about every possibility.

Another thought is him going to Walt Jr. and telling him everything / also the day they meet **** will go down

Wish they would've showed at least a clip of Jesse's story, who knows what all he told Hank?
It was a very oddly specific thing to include. Some odd things have triggered ideas for Jesse in the past.

I really wanted a Walt, Jr. and Jesse meeting. I'll feel cheated if it never happens.

I wanted to see Jesse's testimony too, but given what Hank and Gomey discuss privately, it seems like he told them damn near everything.
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I actually initially thought Hank was gonna send the video to Walt like Walt did to him.
I thought that too.

Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too bad Jesse had a criminal lawyer. One he punched in the face no less. (Saul would never cross Walt, though) He probably should've secured immunity before telling the whole tale.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the way they always do this.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I know it'll mean nothing as far as the show goes, but Hank/Marie's place seems to have the exact same hallway layout as Walt/Sky's place. Maybe they just used the same set with a spruced up look.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know it'll mean nothing as far as the show goes, but Hank/Marie's place seems to have the exact same hallway layout as Walt/Sky's place. Maybe they just used the same set with a spruced up look.
Use spoiler tags you asshole! You just ruined the rest of the season.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Use spoiler tags you asshole! You just ruined the rest of the season.
THE THREAD HAS A SPOILER TAG ASSHOLE, DEAL WITH IT l

Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I was a little shaken seeing the Marie/Dave therapy scene. There's no way Dave didn't figure out she was talking about her brother-in-law. I don't know if I should think any more of this scene, but it struck me as odd all around.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post

I love the way they always do this.
Yeah, I do as well. I think the cinematography is one of the great 'cherry on top' elements to the show. Obviously the acting and storytelling are the most important element. The visual call backs, the POV shows, the camera looking upward at stuff, that scene in Crawl Space, etc. Every episode has such a unique and now iconic visuals.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I was a little shaken seeing the Marie/Dave therapy scene. There's no way Dave didn't figure out she was talking about her brother-in-law. I don't know if I should think any more of this scene, but it struck me as odd all around.
The only bad segment in the episode, in my opinion. A scene of Marie googling poisons on her computer would have been better.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If Jesse is gonna die, I'm definitely expecting it not to be a result of Todd or his uncle's crew. Is Skyler the darkhorse candidate to kill him? Her near-insistence that Walt kill him was a bit foreboding ...