Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-25-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, him trying to go to Gus's house+the opening scene where he's buying a gun shows he's really still an amateur when it comes to murder. He's not that kinda guy. Plus him getting his ass kicked by Mike, lol. Thought the episode was pretty "meh" but i understand that not every episode is gonna be a nail-biter. Kinda figured he'd try to kill Gus, but i didn't think he would be stupid enough to try to talk Mike into helping him.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Gus hired a guy that looks like him to be the new Victor.

Mindfuck. It's a sign to Walt that he's always watching.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who called Walt when he was at Gus' "house" and told him to go home.
My wife and I replayed the voice a couple tikes but couldn't tell.
We're guessing it was either Gus or mike.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Who called Walt when he was at Gus' "house" and told him to go home.
My wife and I replayed the voice a couple tikes but couldn't tell.
We're guessing it was either Gus or mike.
I too was thrown by the voice, but logic and scenes afterward indicate it was Mike.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairly certain it was the new guy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Fairly certain it was the new guy.
Not a chance, it was definitely Mike

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Not a chance, it was definitely Mike
It didn't sound like Mike at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-25-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

mike had to have been trailing him and made the phone call. or gus just has an extremely hi-tech security system that alerts him when anyone is on his street, which i doubt.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Gus isn't stupid enough to even live there anymore. My money is on Mike being the one who called Walt.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Mike seems to actually, faintly give a damn about Walter, so it makes sense if it were him. He also made that line to Walt as he approached him in the bar about not being good at tailing people, which might have been an indicator of sorts like, "Hey, don't think you're a pro like me."

The voice could have been disguised as well.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when i heard it I thought it was Gus, now you all have made me doubt it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Mike seems to actually, faintly give a damn about Walter, so it makes sense if it were him.
I think the opposite, actually. He was ready to kill Walt on orders without hesitation, and in the conversation they had at the bar, he made it seem like he should just **** off already since he technically "beat" Gus by killing Gale. Also, the fact that he never considered what Walt was pitching, and whooped his ass for even bringing it up, makes me think that he would never betray Gus, and that the only reason he hasn't already killed Walt is because of the business.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
when i heard it I thought it was Gus, now you all have made me doubt it
Same here, sounded exactly like Gus to me.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
I think the opposite, actually. He was ready to kill Walt on orders without hesitation, and in the conversation they had at the bar, he made it seem like he should just **** off already since he technically "beat" Gus by killing Gale. Also, the fact that he never considered what Walt was pitching, and whooped his ass for even bringing it up, makes me think that he would never betray Gus, and that the only reason he hasn't already killed Walt is because of the business.
I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

I view Mike as a guy that just wants to do his job and all the idiots around him (Victor, Jesse, Walt, Saul) make it more difficult for him to do so. They never allow him to do things the easy way (as in, not having to physically hurt, intimidate or kill people). Mike is just a no-nonsense guy. He didn't want to hear what Walt was going to say because it would further complicate matters for him, in addition to not ending well for Walter. I don't think it has as much to do with Gus as you think. I do think he could betray Gus at some point this season.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I swear to you it's the new guy, it sounds like him far more than Gus or Mike.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-25-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I swear to you it's the new guy, it sounds like him far more than Gus or Mike.
We didn't hear the new guy speak enough to know anything for certain.

Mike seemed completely aware of everything Walt was up to. Makes more sense that it was him.

I definitely don't think it was Gus. It makes no sense for Gus to call Walt himself. That would only make himself seem more close and available to Walt, which is exactly what Walt wants.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
We didn't hear the new guy speak enough to know anything for certain.

Mike seemed completely aware of everything Walt was up to. Makes more sense that it was him.
We heard his voice, and I know what he sounds like from his role on The Shield. Sounded quite like him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

I just don't think they'd bring in a new guy, barely even introduce his role and all of a sudden he's already watching Walt to make sure he doesn't show up where he imagines Gus still lives? I'm not buying it. I also think it's Mike. Like Xio said, Mike just seemed fully aware of everything that Walt was up to, new guy was barely even introduced.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I definitely don't think it was Gus. It makes no sense for Gus to call Walt himself. That would only make himself seem more close and available to Walt, which is exactly what Walt wants.

Doubt it. Walt still seems scared of Gus to me, if he thought that Gus knew exactly where he was and what he was planning on doing I think Walt gets in his car and drives away, just like he did.

And I really, really don't think it was Mike. Sounded nothing like him. The new guy is a possibility.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Doubt it. Walt still seems scared of Gus to me, if he thought that Gus knew exactly where he was and what he was planning on doing I think Walt gets in his car and drives away, just like he did.

And I really, really don't think it was Mike. Sounded nothing like him. The new guy is a possibility.
I think you guys make too much of the voice. It could easily have been disguised.

Also, Walt is serious in wanting to speak with Gus. He's a fool for wanting it, but he does. It's the fact that Gus isn't making himself available that's making Walt so paranoid and worried. Gus gets the upperhand by keeping hidden away so Walt has no idea what he's up to or thinking.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

honestly, i hope they dont kill gus because hes definitely my favorite side character.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I have a hard time believing Gus will survive to the very end of the show (if it truly ends after 5). The show will need to reinvent Walt's status in a major way at least one more time.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
I just don't think they'd bring in a new guy, barely even introduce his role and all of a sudden he's already watching Walt to make sure he doesn't show up where he imagines Gus still lives? I'm not buying it. I also think it's Mike. Like Xio said, Mike just seemed fully aware of everything that Walt was up to, new guy was barely even introduced.
Victor watched Walt pretty damn quick after he was hired, who's to say the new guy wouldn't immediately pay attention to his movements? This is especially likely since Gus would know that Walt wants to speak with him, and he probably knows why...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-25-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

nevermind.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this episode was much better than the premiere to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote