Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
It was an okay ep with a few good parts (basically all the junkyard stuff), but nothing about it really excited/hooked me. And yes, before someone rushes in with a response that it was to tie knots, fill holes, and setup the season, im aware. Just sort of had a "thats it? meh." feeling at the end. Solid hour of TV, but ive come to expect much more from Breaking Bad.

That said, YEAHHHH *****!!!! MAGNETS!!!!
I think you are forgetting that BB has a lot of slow-ish episodes. It makes the drama that much better in the end.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not forgetting anything, I have zero problems with slow episodes and love a good build/slow burn leading up to big moments. I just wasnt huge on this ep, thats all.

Though ill say again that the junkyard stuff, all of it, was money.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I hope they don't continue showing the future story line, I liked the little peek into it but I'd rather it unfold in order
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a good episode. All of the early season episodes start like this, and I like them all just fine.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before, the Chileans/wherever Gus is really from, man.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Im not forgetting anything, I have zero problems with slow episodes and love a good build/slow burn leading up to big moments. I just wasnt huge on this ep, thats all.

Though ill say again that the junkyard stuff, all of it, was money.
Yeah, I think I merged you and fenikz in my head. Apologies :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Does anyone else think Hank already quickly viewed the laptop before putting it into evidence, and knows Walter was involved with Gus? Then before he can tell anyone, with the laptop destroyed, Hank is the only one who knows Walter is involved?

Just a theory i was thinking about.
Could be. The look on Hank's face makes it seem like he saw something there.

I'm just not sure Hank had enough time to snoop around. I doubt Gus just had an icon on his desktop labeled "LAB CAMERA", and surely his computer was at least password protected.. this is Gus we're talking about!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

pretty sick episode. kinda slow but ive come to expect that from the episodes early into a season. don't really have any idea where this seasons gonna go though. will be fun to watch as it unravels. i kinda think it was un-realistic that hank was able to walk down the ladder into the blown-up lab. other than that minor detail it was excellent.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's episode 1 of the new season, they need to set things up for what's to come. Good start

so stoked that it's finally back
Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW I thought it was a pretty god damn good episode. Don't really get what was wrong with it. Just wish Skyler wasn't going straight back into ***** mode.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:46 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"because I said so"

Walt is so badass
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Compared to last season's premiere episode, this one was full of greatness, as opposed to one scene where Gus kills Victor with a box cutter. Remember the rest of that episode, guys? Skyler uses damsel in distress tactics to get an 80-year old locksmith to open Walt's apartment and finds nothing inside? Fun times.

Stop bitching.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was pretty awesome.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Breaki...r_Die/33390487

The opening scene is 11 months in the future.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Compared to last season's premiere episode, this one was full of greatness, as opposed to one scene where Gus kills Victor with a box cutter. Remember the rest of that episode, guys? Skyler uses damsel in distress tactics to get an 80-year old locksmith to open Walt's apartment and finds nothing inside? Fun times.

Stop bitching.
Kind of ironic how you completely **** on people about The Newsroom but when people are disagreeing with you here your response is "stop bitching."

Tad bit hypocritical, no?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kind of ironic how you completely **** on people about The Newsroom but when people are disagreeing with you here your response is "stop bitching."

Tad bit hypocritical, no?
Bitching about the unquestioned greatest show on TV for petty reasons is not the same as bitching about a widely-criticized show for glaring problems.

And again, can you possibly ever learn to treat my comments as sarcastic and exaggeration? Let's not subject people to another stream of arguing about this.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Is anyone else surprised they kept Ted alive?

I'm wondering what role his survival will play in the upcoming plot. It seemed like it had played out pretty well last season and I figured they'd leave that alone. Perhaps he's alive just to make Skyler feel really, really guilty.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is anyone else surprised they kept Ted alive?

I'm wondering what role his survival will play in the upcoming plot. It seemed like it had played out pretty well last season and I figured they'd leave that alone. Perhaps he's alive just to make Skyler feel really, really guilty.
Hopefully she gets hooked on prescription drugs and ******* over doses.... Like next episode...
Old 07-16-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Also, did anyone actually know that Mike's last name was Ehrmantraut? I feel like that's never been mentioned in an episode.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they kill Skylar off with the ricin cigarette I could say I lived a happy life.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also, did anyone actually know that Mike's last name was Ehrmantraut? I feel like that's never been mentioned in an episode.
It was on his blood bag stash last season.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
If they kill Skylar off with the ricin cigarette I could say I lived a happy life.
It is rather curious that they made a point of showing that the cigarette wasn't destroyed and is still seemingly floating around out there.

Skyler has been a guilt and stress-induced smoker before ...

Nothing on this show is accidental or coincidence. As the Grantland reviewer smartly pointed out, Vince Gilligan is allergic to loose ends.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the episode yesterday. Walt is so awesome at this point. Because I said so was a great line.

Like everyone else, I hate skyler.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This isn't a spoiler because I have no idea what character he's playing this season, but I just read that this person will be appearing on Breaking Bad:

I don't remember this being mentioned here. If I missed it, ignore me.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bitching about the unquestioned greatest show on TV for petty reasons is not the same as bitching about a widely-criticized show for glaring problems.

And again, can you possibly ever learn to treat my comments as sarcastic and exaggeration? Let's not subject people to another stream of arguing about this.
So, wait. Your answer to your obnoxious hypocrisy is that its okay because The Newsroom has more critics than Breaking Bad? Really? Ugh.

Anyways, It wasnt a bad episode. Im sure for most any other show id consider it to be really good. It just let me down because I had such massive expectations going in, and none of those was really met. Nothing about the episode excited me or really made me feel.. anything. Tying up loose ends great, and building toward the rest of the season is exactly what the episode should have been. It just didnt do anything for me. It was "good" in a "it was... there" way, like the Thrones finale to season 2. Nothing about the show was bad, but nothing about it was great either.

Again, im not saying that as fact (so put your pitchfork away Xio, with your "unquestioned greatest show on tv" stuff), just my view on this singular episode.

Though I will throw this in just to annoy you, I enjoyed Newsroom much more than any other show on TV last night.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote