Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
So, wait. Your answer to your obnoxious hypocrisy is that its okay because The Newsroom has more critics than Breaking Bad? Really? Ugh.

Anyways, It wasnt a bad episode. Im sure for most any other show id consider it to be really good. It just let me down because I had such massive expectations going in, and none of those was really met. Nothing about the episode excited me or really made me feel.. anything. Tying up loose ends great, and building toward the rest of the season is exactly what the episode should have been. It just didnt do anything for me. It was "good" in a "it was... there" way, like the Thrones finale to season 2. Nothing about the show was bad, but nothing about it was great either.

Again, im not saying that as fact (so put your pitchfork away Xio, with your "unquestioned greatest show on tv" stuff), just my view on this singular episode.

Though I will throw this in just to annoy you, I enjoyed Newsroom much more than any other show on TV last night.
I just love riling you guys up too much to quit.

EDIT: Haven't watched The Newsroom yet from last night, but I'll be sure to check in with my anticipated commentary once I have. All I've heard is that they used Coldplay's "Fix You" to end the episode, and that sounds pretty awful.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-16-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The dialogue between Walt and Mike was fantastic. As expected, great episode.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
The dialogue between Walt and Mike was fantastic. As expected, great episode.
Agreed. Mike gets all the best lines. He's a character I'm really hoping we see more of this season. They started to use him more prominently last season, obviously, but as the scenes for next week suggest, making him a full partner in whatever venture Walt and Jesse do next is gonna be awesome.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Agreed. Mike gets all the best lines. He's a character I'm really hoping we see more of this season. They started to use him more prominently last season, obviously, but as the scenes for next week suggest, making him a full partner in whatever venture Walt and Jesse do next is gonna be awesome.
I doubt he'll be a full partner, really. He might be forced to work with Walt and Jesse, but he clearly gets how much of a problem Walt is more than anyone (and Jesse is slowly realizing it as well). I do expect him to become a main cast member now though, especially with Gus gone.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I doubt he'll be a full partner, really. He might be forced to work with Walt and Jesse, but he clearly gets how much of a problem Walt is more than anyone (and Jesse is slowly realizing it as well). I do expect him to become a main cast member now though, especially with Gus gone.
Well, it's hard to say exactly when and how Walt and Jesse will get back to cooking meth and more importantly, distributing it. For all we know, Mike will be agreeing to partnership in an entirely different criminal venture.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, it's hard to say exactly when and how Walt and Jesse will get back to cooking meth and more importantly, distributing it. For all we know, Mike will be agreeing to partnership in an entirely different criminal venture.
Walt will start a gun business, where he buys guns from Jim Beaver's character and sells them for a massive profit. That's the flashforward baby (this was WMD's theory, not mine).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Walt will start a gun business, where he buys guns from Jim Beaver's character and sells them for a massive profit. That's the flashforward baby (this was WMD's theory, not mine).
I think that was a flash to an alternate timeline ... WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAACK!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully there will be a stupid cave of light here too. Wouldn't that be awesome?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hopefully there will be a stupid cave of light here too. Wouldn't that be awesome?
You're as much of a troll as you seem to think I am.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're as much of a troll as you seem to think I am.
Am I REALLY though?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Am I REALLY though?
That's a clown question, bro.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
That's a clown question, bro.
Is it REALLY though?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You kids need to stop your fighting.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is rather curious that they made a point of showing that the cigarette wasn't destroyed and is still seemingly floating around out there.

Skyler has been a guilt and stress-induced smoker before ...

Nothing on this show is accidental or coincidence. As the Grantland reviewer smartly pointed out, Vince Gilligan is allergic to loose ends.
Definitely. It's pretty odd they didn't show him throw it away. Either they felt it was implied (which as we saw with Ted is not Vince's mindset) or it's some sort of plot device. Which is why I'm positive Walt will be dealing with Gus's people that Don Eladio eluded to.

So this morning wojo and I went to McDonalds at 5:30 and we were wearing our Los Pollos and Heisenberg shirts respectively. The only person working was the manager and he told us our shirts were badass and gave us free fry vouchers and a couple free hash browns. Another successful BB fan interaction.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started watching this show. Done with season one, starting season two tonight. Love it so far.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Just started watching this show. Done with season one, starting season two tonight. Love it so far.
I would recommend not reading anything in this thread

What are you doing? What did I just say?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can you guys not mention anything from the next time on BrBa ****

I refuse to watch that stuff for any show so put it in spoilers or whatever

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
can you guys not mention anything from the next time on BrBa ****

I refuse to watch that stuff for any show so put it in spoilers or whatever
Got it. Don't tell fenikz that Walt also poisoned Jesse's little brother because he got the wrong kid. Got it.

(Seriously, that kid and his parents have to come into play again sometime, right?)
Old 07-16-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally forgot that Jesse had a brother

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Aaron Paul

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I totally forgot that Jesse had a brother
It's always been in the subtext that his younger brother is a major reason why he's so sensitive (or more so than an average person) to kids being involved with/exposed to drugs (see kid in the house with the ATM machine, Tomas, Brock).
Old 07-16-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I think Louis may play a bigger part in the series just by who plays him. I mean the last time he was shown he was probably about to film X-Men so either he'll become relevant or he'll never be seen again. The Jesse Plemons thing reminded me of that and they look a little similar so maybe he's his brother or something. Just a thought I have no clue honestly how they'll utilize him.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-16-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Is it me or is it weird that they took a picture like that for evidence?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Is it me or is it weird that they took a picture like that for evidence?
The one with the banking info behind it?

I imagine they took damn near everything from Gus' office, but they're probably trying to identify the man next to him in the photo for possible questioning.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad Season 5 Premiere Is Most Watched Episode Ever