Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I definitely don't disagree that Walt is an amazing character or that Bryan Cranston is epic in the role, but week in and week out I tune in more for Jessie and Hank.
You suck!!!

I cannot get enough Heisenberg. I have even vowed to one day grow a ginger beard, shave my head, and buy a bunch of badass fedoras.

I actually find myself rooting against Hank most of the time. Maybe it is my disdain for the law, maybe its the fact that I know Walt and Hank are going to have an insane confrontation at some but I dislike Hank as a person. Not to say I don't like the character, Hank is fascinating to watch and brings so much to the show but really, **** that guy.

Now Jessie I ******* love. Very easy to hate at times but man does Aaron Paul do a brilliant job. In my mind Jessie is very near as great a character as Walt but in the end Heisenberg is always the number one reason I tune in. I guess I identify with his character more, he feels more real than any other character to me. Also Skylar reminds me of the mother of my son (aka ****) so I have to rep in my mind of the top 5 greatest television characters of all time. War Walter White.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, count me as a Hank hater. I wished he had died.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't necessarily like Hank and will certainly root for Walter when they are pitted against each other. That said, Hank is an absolutely brilliant character, as is Jesse, as is Walter. The characters really drive this show and it's awesome to see these actors killing it every week.

As Brodeur said tho, Walter Jr. really carries everyone on the show. I wouldn't tune in if it wasn't for him.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The best scene of the series is the last couple of minutes in the second to last episode of the 2nd season.
holy **** you're actually right about something for once

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-09-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Kinda slow, but the pieces are set again. Gus is a king.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-09-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, meh episode especially considering last week's was just epic. Gus is the man tho, he gets **** done.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse frustrates me.. a lot.. Marie really annoyed me today. I don't like Skylar. Hank is awesome, and Walter is on his own planet as far as greatness goes.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gus is a scary ************. You could always tell though. When he smiled as he heard the gunshots.. woah. What a badass.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:44 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You see I like Hank, but I hate what Hank stands for. As a guy, he is a good guy. But Breaking Bad does an excellent job of portraying the entire oxymoron that is the DEA.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else wondering why the hell Walt agreed to such a ridiculous quota, after having lost everything already? He agreed to the divorce, and he was gonna have his own sick lab to work out of. He was offered $3 million for 3200 lbs of meth, when Gus himself had paid him $1.2 mil for 38 lbs earlier. Idk, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Also, tonight i finally caught up on every single episode. I started a few weeks ago and i've now watched them all, and god damn is this show awesome.

Just to chime in on the character discussion, i kind of wish we would have seen the turnout of Walt finally screwing himself over. He dicked Jesse out of the mass production deal he had with Gus, and only invited him (and screwed out poor Gale) when he knew it would cause him trouble to have Jesse slanging meth at the street level. Pretty selfish on his part and Jesse recognized it, i'm not sure why he had such a 180 after the hospital scene with him and Walt.

Lastly, the PI coming in to kill Albert Pujols was bad ass. Kinda knew it was getting there when Gus was so cool when he was being interrogated over the phone by the cartel leader. Glad that guy got taken care of by Gus too. Gus is one scary mofo.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a pretty good episode overall and it made sense to sort of slow things down after last weeks chaos. So just to clear things up Gus had the cartel or at least the meat of the cartel eliminated right? Either way GUs is in control of every situation in the series. G's up from the feet up!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
He dicked Jesse out of the mass production deal he had with Gus
I don't think Jessie had a production deal set up with Gus. I think it was just an attempt to get Walt to cooking for him. He used Jessie to get Walt jealous.

Unless I'm remembering that wrong?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I don't think Jessie had a production deal set up with Gus. I think it was just an attempt to get Walt to cooking for him. He used Jessie to get Walt jealous.

No, you are most def. correct. Thats why Walt received half of the money.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No, i know Jesse never had an agreement with Gus, what i meant was that Walt went into the agreement with Gus, partly to drive Jesse out of the business.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the pacing of this episode was slower than before, but for a reason: they wanted to protract the tension of the traumatized family waiting in the hospital. Did a great job of it, the viewer was kept right on the edge of of the seat. There were a few typical breaking bad moments though, like when the surviving assassin missing the lower p/o his legs dragged himself across the room when he recognized Walt, the look on Cranston's face was classic! He won those Emmys for a good reason.

Best p/o it IMO was the masquerade meeting of Gus & Walt surrounded by cops & DEA agents in the hospital lobby, the smirk on Gus' face when he told Walt the remaining assassin "won't survive," & then Walt got it.

Gus in the driver's seat now & he knows it, he solidified his exclusive hold on the Blue Sky product, then he eliminated the Cartel competition south of the border. I too liked the way he smiled when he heard the threat from the rival drug lord interrupted by gunshots. Gus is 2-3 steps ahead of the joke DEA & the Cartel too.

Then the PI is seen leaving the hospital, he had to be the garbled voice on the cellphone warning Hank...... is he working for Saul or Gus or both?

Last edited by LizardState : 05-10-2010 at 03:34 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

I really wanna see Marie and Skyler get it on together...*****.
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contento View Post
I really wanna see Marie and Skyler get it on together...*****.
That would certainly be an interesting twist.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skylar's speech here makes me like her character soooooooo much more.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Skylar's speech here makes me like her character soooooooo much more.
me too. this show is allllllll about manipulation

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-16-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skylar has redeemed herself. For now.

I am amazed every week by the quality of this show. That was an incredible episode.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse frustrates the **** out of me.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't like Skylar more than I did last week. She is still a crazy ***** and has been for a while now. One speech in one episode won't change that for me, but at least it's better than her being a psycho hosebeast like normal.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse frustrates the **** out of me.
He's a moron. He's not happy with 1.5 million, and doesn't want to pay taxes. And by the looks of things in the sneak peek of next weeks episode he f's everything up with his side business.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I was also paranoid about Saul talking openly about money laundering, etc. in the nail salon..

Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Jessie this season has been amazing. He just wants to be the bad guy so ******* badly. The mans a ******* outlaw, can't blame him for trying to out bad guy everyone else on the show.