Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-27-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean they made it a point to show that Mike had gone against his better judgement earleir in the season when he agreed to work with Walt after saying he didnt want to be around him when he went off. In the end thats exactly what he did, and Walt ended up going off. The thing is we all know he isn't done yet, and I can't wait to see how the rest of this season plays out (even tho we have to wait a whole god damn year to find out). Seriously I thought I wouldn't mind them doing this but I really wish they would have aired the last season all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they'd have just made it two full 13-episode seasons and called it over.

I feel like this season has felt a little too rushed, and that's acknowledging that one of the best parts of Seasons 1-4 is the speed and efficiency at which everything moved. This season has been just a little less meticulous in its plotting.

That shouldn't be taken to mean that I don't think it's still been a fantastic season.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no complaints so far. Its been just as good as the last few seasons have been, and already has some huge holy **** moments. The end is going to be so much fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just love how Mike's demise is likely what is in store for Walt: do a bunch of shady **** to get money for your family and end up with nothing but a whole bunch of pain.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walt will not go out anything like that imo

He will die in a shoot out with the DEA and Hank, possibly both dying

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a Usual Suspects ending with Walt and Hank.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Walt will not go out anything like that imo

He will die in a shoot out with the DEA and Hank, possibly both dying
It seems inevitable that Hank will indeed learn of Walt's involvement with drugs. Basically the only way I can see his role ending appropriately.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mad Men fans, better episode:

Fees + Commissions or Say My Name?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither would be top 5 for either show for me, maybe pushing top 10

Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with fenikz here. I don't think either is a Top 5 episode of either show. And after the top 5 or so, there's a ton of episodes tightly grouped that are all great, but not all-time great.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I should have rephrased. Which death was portrayed better and more effectively?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen Mad Men so can we try to avoid spoilers in here? Haven't been any yet obviously but it seems like we're close.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Maybe I should have rephrased. Which death was portrayed better and more effectively?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

What exactly did the DEA arrest the lawyer on?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't ask Xio about which is better right now, he's in **** on BB this season mode.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I don't know why people saying Jesse is going to start his own meth business and go after Walt and Todd. I think Jesse just wants to be left the **** alone and be out of all this ****.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know why people saying Jesse is going to start his own meth business and go after Walt and Todd. I think Jesse just wants to be left the **** alone and be out of all this ****.
Seems that way to me too, but it also seemed like he had built up a relationship with Mike and if he found out about Walt killing him it might bring him to try for some kind of payback.

Jesse can't just be completely done, there's still 9 episodes left.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But that's too non-ridiculous.

The thing that makes the most sense is Jesse turning Walt in to Hank.

But that is too reasonable to happen. So Jesse will get sucked back into the meth business in some ridiculous fashion rather than making the smart play to make a deal with the DEA.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
But that's too non-ridiculous.

The thing that makes the most sense is Jesse turning Walt in to Hank.

But that is too reasonable to happen. So Jesse will get sucked back into the meth business in some ridiculous fashion rather than making the smart play to make a deal with the DEA.
Oh shut up, you said this was a rip-off of Dexter at some point. Stop trolling.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two endings in my mind

1. Jessie finds out all the **** that Walt has done (poisoning the kid killing mike etc) and orchestrates his demise with his wife and I still feel there is going to be a Scarface element to it like the Blue stuff gets too big and the cartel gets after him.

2. Walt gets caught the baby stays with Hank and Marie Flynn does something dumb to **** himself.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I... dont care for this season that much. Like, its not bad, but it just isnt doing much for me. Its way behind the other four right now. The dinner scene last week and Walt's 'say my name' scene this week are the only things that really stick out. The rest just sort of rings hollow, including the death of Full Measure Mike, who annoyed me this season by repeatedly taking half measures. This season just seems... contrived compared to the others.

The one thing theyre definitely succeeding at though, is making me want to see Walt get whats coming to him. So theres that.

Before people jump all over me, like I said, I still dont think its bad. Its easily the best show thats currently airing on TV, I just dont think its nearly as good as it has been. It sort of feels like Wire Season 5 to me. Still quality, but falls short compared to the standard its set previously.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What exactly did the DEA arrest the lawyer on?
I raised this question earlier, so far I haven't come up with a reasonable answer.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I... dont care for this season that much. Like, its not bad, but it just isnt doing much for me. Its way behind the other four right now. The dinner scene last week and Walt's 'say my name' scene this week are the only things that really stick out. The rest just sort of rings hollow, including the death of Full Measure Mike, who annoyed me this season by repeatedly taking half measures. This season just seems... contrived compared to the others.

The one thing theyre definitely succeeding at though, is making me want to see Walt get whats coming to him. So theres that.

Before people jump all over me, like I said, I still dont think its bad. Its easily the best show thats currently airing on TV, I just dont think its nearly as good as it has been. It sort of feels like Wire Season 5 to me. Still quality, but falls short compared to the standard its set previously.

RIP TheManInBlack