Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think.... I hate commie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I raised this question earlier, so far I haven't come up with a reasonable answer.
Being in possession of a high amount of untaxed dollars. And ge was funneling cash to the families of the arrested Fring crew.

I had already mentioned it before. It's called asset forfeiture. When in possession of large amounts of cash, you are required to prove that cash was earned lawfully, or it remains in possession of the government. Once he lost the cash, his only choice was to cooperate or they'd pin it on him that he was paying off Fring's cartel members.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 08-28-2012 at 07:19 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I raised this question earlier, so far I haven't come up with a reasonable answer.
I guess we could start with witness tampering, and money laundering,

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I... dont care for this season that much. Like, its not bad, but it just isnt doing much for me. Its way behind the other four right now. The dinner scene last week and Walt's 'say my name' scene this week are the only things that really stick out. The rest just sort of rings hollow, including the death of Full Measure Mike, who annoyed me this season by repeatedly taking half measures. This season just seems... contrived compared to the others.

The one thing theyre definitely succeeding at though, is making me want to see Walt get whats coming to him. So theres that.

Before people jump all over me, like I said, I still dont think its bad. Its easily the best show thats currently airing on TV, I just dont think its nearly as good as it has been. It sort of feels like Wire Season 5 to me. Still quality, but falls short compared to the standard its set previously.
I actually agree with you, but I don't go as far toward not liking it as you do. I think it's still brilliant TV, but there have been a few times where I don't quite like how they got from Point A to Point B to get things as they need to be plot-wise.

There's a ton of memorable moments. I can't pinpoint many specific instances that I don't like other than Mike's sudden inattention to detail and risk-taking. That's out of character and it made his death less stunning than it should have been, really.

I think a big part of the "problem," (though I still hesitate to call it one) is the pacing. I think 8 episodes when they're used to telling stories in 13 has accelerated the show in places where it would have otherwise taken its time to really make sure the outcomes are earned with no shortcuts. The show set such a sky-high standard over the past two seasons especially that this one just feels slightly off, albeit at a "best show on TV" level of imperfection.

But there have been so many stunning moments and brilliant conversations that I can mostly forgive any "problems" I'm noticing.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adding to my point about the pacing being part of the "problem," it just feels like there isn't a single non-essential scene in Season 5. And while that might sound like a good thing, it probably isn't. We don't see any sort of deliberation or tiny setups to these major confrontations we keep seeing. Everything needs just a little time to breathe between huge scenes.

Some stuff seems to have fallen by the wayside. I feel like I'm not seeing enough of Skyler's struggles, or Saul raising his concerns, or Walter, Jr. eating breakfast, or Skinny Peter and Badger randomness. That isn't filler -- it's a pause before the next hammering scene to come. Sometimes it seems like there's not enough connecting one scene to the next. Too much happening off camera.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does it bug anyone else what kept the cartel from killing Gus?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Does it bug anyone else what kept the cartel from killing Gus?
It doesn't bug me any more than not knowing if Marie is cooking Walt, Jr. a suitable breakfast every morning.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is old enough to make his own dam breakfast.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Being in possession of a high amount of untaxed dollars. And ge was funneling cash to the families of the arrested Fring crew.

I had already mentioned it before. It's called asset forfeiture. When in possession of large amounts of cash, you are required to prove that cash was earned lawfully, or it remains in possession of the government. Once he lost the cash, his only choice was to cooperate or they'd pin it on him that he was paying off Fring's cartel members.
I already addressed this in an earlier response to one of your posts;

Quote:
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/12/1296.asp

It clearly indicates that the cash can be seized as suspicious, but that does not mean the person can be charged with anything. The man was caught with $124K, the cash was taken under the grounds that it was likely associated with criminal activity, but he himself was not arrested or charged with anything, he simply lost the cash. The lawyer would have lost the cash, and the DEA could have used that caution as probable cause for further warrants and surveillance, but the cash itself, and not the cash flow, would not lead to an arrest.
I will repeat; the DEA had the legal right to seize the cash, but there is nothing they can charge the lawyer with simply on possession of the cash alone, which is their only evidence at that point.They could go money laundering, but they would need to build a case actually following that money; no matter how suspicious possessing a large amount of money is, it alone is not enough to convict someone of money laundering. And by arresting him there, they preempt any real chance of doing so. Any lawyer would know to shut up until he could retain his own legal counsel and see the evidence against him before cooperating. And any lawyer that would do so would see that the only evidence they have is his possession of the cash, which is not enough to convict with, and thus not enough for him to flip for.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that since Breaking Bad is so damn good people tend to nitpick at anything they can find. Every single show, movie, book or whatever is not perfect and has flaws. If the show is not for you then that's fine, but I don't see the point of wasting your time by posting to a message board about the show just to tell people you are not a fan. And to the people that love the show like me, just enjoy the ride while it lasts and try not to get too caught up with flaws and possible plot holes, especially before the series is complete.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://i.imgur.com/EzV3K.jpg

Too big to post. Crazy though.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse better not die. I will not allow it.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely can't happen. He's the shows hero at this point.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Definitely can't happen. He's the shows hero at this point.
He's the hero we need, but not the hero we deserve right now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess that Walt tries to have Todd kill Jesse, but he shall fail and die

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I'd guess that Walt tries to have Todd kill Jesse, but he shall fail and die
It'd be awesome to have Jesse pull some Mike style shenanigans if Walt tries to set him up.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Walt dying in the end, I see him having to live with himself and losing everything.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any way it ends with out Walt dying. I feel everything is building to that moment.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't see any way it ends with out Walt dying. I feel everything is building to that moment.
Yeah Ive said since I started the show I just can't see Walt walking away/ not dying at the end. The shootout we all know is coming isn't going to end with him coming out alive, the guy has no experience with that type of weaponry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
...of cancer.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
...of cancer.
I would **** on all the writers lawns if that happened. It's AMC. They should know drama. That would be the ultimate anticlimactic ending.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I can't see Walt dying in the end, I see him having to live with himself and losing everything.
He's already lost damn near everything. Whatever else he has left will go before his inevitably dies. It's gonna happen. We just don't know how.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how pissed everyone would be if there was a Sopranos style ending?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Sig by Matthew Jones