Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
How exactly else should Hank be able to stumble upon this random book? Is it any more meaningful if he randomly found it on say a bookshelf or coffee table?
I don't think he should have stumbled on that book at all, that is my point. "Stumbling" on something is not what this show does. They craft an intricate story, with every single detail accounted for, and here they just had Hank find a book. The season almost seemed wrapped up and at the LAST SECOND, in the LAST FRAME of this season, he cracks the case.

That is not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is better than that. That kind of reveal is for lesser shows that can't create something better.

That's all I'm sayin.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think he should have stumbled on that book at all, that is my point. "Stumbling" on something is not what this show does. They craft an intricate story, with every single detail accounted for, and here they just had Hank find a book. The season almost seemed wrapped up and at the LAST SECOND, in the LAST FRAME of this season, he cracks the case.

That is not Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is better than that. That kind of reveal is for lesser shows that can't create something better.

That's all I'm sayin.
That's the best way for Hank to find out. They've left little clues of the GB/WW thing since season 3, and Hank has ignored all of the clues of it being Walt since season 1. He needed something to smack him in the face, something obvious and small, and that's what he got. Instead of it being something grand like Walt would have wanted, he was found out because he was stupid enough to leave the book in the bathroom.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's the best way for Hank to find out. They've left little clues of the GB/WW thing since season 3, and Hank has ignored all of the clues of it being Walt since season 1. He needed something to smack him in the face, something obvious and small, and that's what he got. Instead of it being something grand like Walt would have wanted, he was found out because he was stupid enough to leave the book in the bathroom.
Eh I mean I GUESS. I loved this episode, I just didn't like that part that much. I get where you, and other people, are coming from.. I just don't agree is all. I was expecting something a lot more, I don't know, planned. Intricate. Deep. That's what I've come to expect.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Eh I mean I GUESS. I loved this episode, I just didn't like that part that much. I get where you, and other people, are coming from.. I just don't agree is all. I was expecting something a lot more, I don't know, planned. Intricate. Deep. That's what I've come to expect.
IMO, this is planned, intricate, deep, etc. This connects back into past seasons. Gale is reaching from the from grave and enacting revenge against the man who set out to kill him. The scene that was reshowed, when originally shown, was simply a reminder of how close Walt was teetering the line with his actions. Every one thought that scene was complete, wrapped up, that Walt had indeed survived that scare. But now we have come to realize that that scene, completely forgotten and passed off as final in its original interpretation, means something more. Now we are seeing that the writers had a bigger plan for that scene other than just a one scare, that it was actually directly linked to Walt's downfall. And of course including that scene so far back, and then returning it to the spotlight highlights Walt's hubris, and how it is the downfall of him. Because Walt knew that Hank could link that book to him. Yet he kept it. He kept it because it was a tribute to him, and that meant regardless of the risks, he simply could not worth throw it away. The monument to himself that Walt had foolishly opted to keep will now be his downfall, his hubris has turned tragic.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 09-02-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not forget Hank used Walts meth money for his rehab. He's implicated!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he even transported 1.2 million for him once

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure Todd can cover the meth cooking part now that Walt is out, that way the new distributors are happy and everything is still working out (who knows maybe not since Walt is such a control freak about his own formula, but it seemed like he had a wake up call when he saw that money).

I was really worried that someone was going to shoot Walt jr or something in retaliation of Walt just being done in that last scene. Really interested to see how Hank confronts Walt and goes about finding evidence against him which right now isn't a whole lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The writers were just toying with the viewers in those final scenes. Walt having his routine cancer check-up ... OMG, IS HIS CANCER BACK!?

Walter, Jr. pushing Holly around the edge of the pool ... OMG, WILL ONE OF THEM DROWN!?

Nope. Hank finally had the light go on in his head.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Walt rats on Todd and the whole thing. But is killed before he testifies. This show seems to need a tragic ending of some sort.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah. Walt needs to be pulled back in and go out in an evil blaze of glory.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heizenberg will not go down without a fight and won't go in alive.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Also this is what the final scene really meant.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know you guys like talking about these things, so thoughts on the fly in the opening scene

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I know you guys like talking about these things, so thoughts on the fly in the opening scene
The fly wasn't the only thing Walt was fixated on while other more important things were going on. The painting in the motel room was the other.

I think it's just supposed to be some sort of weird psychological tick (for lack of a better word) that Walt is developing.

But they've made a point of showing us a lot of different bugs this season. It's sorta symbolic.

Last edited by Xiomera : 09-03-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am actually glad you brought this up, I had set out to not forget to mention that and yet I did. I feel it means something, I am just not sure what.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great episode.

They really need to cool it with the length of some of these montages though jesus christ that cooking one took what seemed like 5 minutes.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I really enjoy Lydia's character. She's just so unlike anyone else we've encountered in this show's universe.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
That scene probably gave Xio a chubs.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best/my favorite ep of the season. Glad it ended on high note. And don't worry, I'll still be rooting for Walt in this final chapter. I just hope he doesn't end up bringing Jesse down.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Also this is what the final scene really meant.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think the Walt Whitman book is some kind of foreshadowing? I mean why Hank pick up the book if it didn't lead to something later on? The book is titled "Leaves of Grass" so maybe Walt and Hank are gonna rake leaves together and become closer? I was thinking maybe Hank's face after picking up the book was him realizing how great of a man Walter is for owning such literature.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine the sound was all of us collectively ******** our pants.

As for the fly and the painting I think it was more to show that Walter was getting board of the whole thing. It wasn't as "fun" as it use to be.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Great episode.

They really need to cool it with the length of some of these montages though jesus christ that cooking one took what seemed like 5 minutes.
I think what you mean is we need MORE montages. Dickweed.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:06 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great way to end the season. I was so anxious throughout that last scene with the whole family happily together. I knew something bad was coming and I thought it all played out brilliantly. 9 months between now and when Walter gets that big ass gun, really looking forward to what happens next. Unless the end is **** I think Breaking Bad will solidify itself as the best ******* television show I have ever seen.