Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
It would be the greatest round 1 selection if somehow he did fall to 15. However i cant see it happening at all, hes to good a player and still very highly regarded among scouts. Pro days dont hurt lineman as much as they do wr and rbs.
I don't know... Krumrie from KC, did his patented hand slap and Branch didn't fare so well. He looked very out of shape, and seemed to quit after the first 10 seconds...

and... What scouts are those? What did they tell you?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott still has us taking

1.Hall
2.Crowder
3.Satele

When Carriker was still on the board at 15. I'm not a huge fan of carriker or hall but if Carriker is there I think the Steelers will pick him.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I really cant believe Scott didn't give him to us. I think he could play DE in either a 4-3 or a 3-4, and showed it in the senior bowl. Crowder isn't bad in the 2nd, but we could pick up Robison in the 3rd as well. Satele isn't a bad pick in my opinion, simply because of his versatility.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge fan of Carriker I think we need a more dynamic play maker on D, but if he is there, there is no way we don't take him.

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 03-22-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't understand why scott has him falling that far. he won't be there for us to pick. i like the crowder pick in the 2nd but if we can pick up robinson in the 3rd i am more for that. i am still on the wagon of picking up bowe in the 1st. and i think that if we have francis high enough up to be picked in the 2nd then we should do that to grab robinson in the 3rd otherwise, i like crowder then francis. i don't like the satele pick, it seems like we have 19 O-Linemen. thats my take on the picks.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah ive seen more and more mocks of us taking bowe
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't suprise me. I've been saying hes the one WR we'd take in the 1st since the senior bowl. I think the 49'ers will pick up Carriker because they need serious help on their D-line. If he is there though, I think you have to pick him up or maybe look for a trade down to get some more picks. Guys are saying he could possibly play 3 different positions on the line: 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, and even a 4-3 UT. That kind of versatility is gonna get you drafted quick fast and in a hurry.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarocksoi View Post
Wouldn't suprise me. I've been saying hes the one WR we'd take in the 1st since the senior bowl. I think the 49'ers will pick up Carriker because they need serious help on their D-line. If he is there though, I think you have to pick him up or maybe look for a trade down to get some more picks. Guys are saying he could possibly play 3 different positions on the line: 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, and even a 4-3 UT. That kind of versatility is gonna get you drafted quick fast and in a hurry.
doesn't mean they won't draft Branch, who's falling a bit, as well as Justin Harrell in rd 2.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

I think someone else is going to pick up Branch before they pick. He's going to go in the top 10, I'm pretty sure. One bad workout isn't enough to lower him on most draft boards, and he is still the best DT in the draft right now. If he did manage to fall though, I'm sure they would take him and carriker could fall to us. In that scenario I think we would take Carriker, especially after the comparison to Aaron Smith.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i feel carriker is the safest pick for us right now, and his versatility will be great for us if wanna go 3 - 4, 4 - 3 combos
Old 03-23-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no guys come on hop on the wagon with me. altogether now. bo-we!! bo-we!! bo-we!!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

hahah i wouldnt mind that pick either
Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Its gonna be interesting pick, whatever it may be. It could go a lot of different ways right now. I wonder if things will get a little clearer closer to the draft.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Its gonna be interesting pick, whatever it may be. It could go a lot of different ways right now. I wonder if things will get a little clearer closer to the draft.
i doubt it. things are never that clear, when it comes to the steelers and there drafts.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

Yeah. If I were Colbert, I would start to throw up a smokescreen that we are seriously interested in a tackle in the first round and would easily take a guy like Brown if he falls to us. Then if he does fall, maybe someone will try to trade up with us to pick him up. Maybe. I dont know. Things were a little easier when Lynch was probably going to go to the packers.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah. If I were Colbert, I would start to throw up a smokescreen that we are seriously interested in a tackle in the first round and would easily take a guy like Brown if he falls to us. Then if he does fall, maybe someone will try to trade up with us to pick him up. Maybe. I dont know. Things were a little easier when Lynch was probably going to go to the packers.
yeah, now we dont have as much leverage anymore
Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bowe bowe bowe i feel we are at a good spot were who ever falls to us will be a good p
Old 03-26-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
bowe bowe bowe i feel we are at a good spot were who ever falls to us will be a good p
yes!!! rep points for you. he will be a perfect #1 when Ward retires in black and gold.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

his new update, didnt think i needed to start a new thread...

i dont see how we pass on jamaal anderson, im good with the kalil pick, and i dont know much about the cole fella, he seems aight though
Old 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

New Scott Mock 4/12

1.Timmons
2. Kalil
3. Coe

Not horrible but not great....i know alot of you don't don't like timmons but I think he could make an immediate impact as a pass rusher in certain packages.

I'm a huge fan of Kalil but i don't know if he could start next year i'd rather draft a guard at that spot.

Coe is pretty solid pick.

All and all I starting to think that going corner may be the best option as a linebacker won't start next year and a corner weither its revis, hall or Houston could take Townsends spot easily..making it easier to cover the three wide sets of the Bengals.

We won't pass on Anderson if he is there

Mike Tirico

Old 04-12-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah there is no way we pass on anderson

0% chance imo
Old 04-12-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

If it shakes out the way scott says it would we should do this.

1.Anderson
2Sears
3.Hunt
4.Shaw

Mike Tirico

Old 04-12-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andreson would be an amazing LB, as a player with his hand down not so good even in the 4-3 i dont think he is going to play well, but as a lb in 3-4 he could do pretty damn good as a pass rusher
Old 04-13-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Andreson would be an amazing LB, as a player with his hand down not so good even in the 4-3 i dont think he is going to play well, but as a lb in 3-4 he could do pretty damn good as a pass rusher
... what are u smoking

anderson would be amazing at end ina 4 - 3... which is what he is

its possible we can try him at olb ina 3 - 4, but i dont see it as much as i do at him at end
Old 04-13-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

come on he had one good season,