Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default More Rules Changes For 2010

Quote:
• A defenseless player cannot be hit in the head or neck by an opponent who launches himself and uses his helmet, shoulder or forearm to make contact. Previously, this applied only to receivers.

• When a ballcarrier loses his helmet, the whistle will blow and the ball will be placed at the spot where the player lost it.

• The umpire will be stationed behind the offensive backfield rather than in the linebackers area.

• During a field goal or extra point, no player can line up directly across from the snapper. Previously, a player needed to have his helmet outside the snapper's shoulder pads.

• A dead ball personal foul on the final play of the second or fourth quarters will cause a 15-yard penalty on the second-half or overtime kickoff. Previously, no penalty was enforced.

• If a punt returner makes a fair catch signal and muffs the ball, he is entitled to a "reasonable opportunity" to catch the muff before it hits the ground without interference of the coverage team. In case of a penalty, the ball will be placed at the spot of the interference but no yardage marked off.

• When a ball strikes a videoboard (as one punt did last preseason at Cowboys Stadium), guide wire or sky cam, the play is whistled dead and replayed. The game clock is reset to when the play started.

• If the clock is stopped in the final minute of either half for a replay review but would not have stopped without the review, officials will run off 10 seconds before resuming play. Either team can take a timeout to avoid the runoff.
Thoughts ??

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
• When a ballcarrier loses his helmet, the whistle will blow and the ball will be placed at the spot where the player lost it.
Quote:
• If the clock is stopped in the final minute of either half for a replay review but would not have stopped without the review, officials will run off 10 seconds before resuming play. Either team can take a timeout to avoid the runoff.
I think these rules both suck.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Goodell gtfo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I think these rules both suck.
so does jason witten
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The umpire will be stationed behind the offensive backfield rather than in the linebackers area.
I like this.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate the muff punt rule. The defenders are already giving him a chance to catch the ball without interference. Now if he drops it, they have to give him a chance to recover his own **** up?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only good rule change is the umpire relocation.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I ******* hate the muff punt rule. The defenders are already giving him a chance to catch the ball without interference. Now if he drops it, they have to give him a chance to recover his own **** up?
no i think if he doesnt get it directly and muffs it back into the air, they are not allowed to just hitstick them

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a good rule. This ****** the Dolphins last year in the Saints game. They stopped the clock to review a touchdown as the time expired, the Saints were out of timeouts, and they reversed the play to have the ball down at the one. Since they didn't get the call right initially and had to review it, the Saints had extra time and were able to get a field goal that they wouldn't have been able to get if the initial call was correct. This rule prevents that.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
That rule hasn't change. It's more of a clarification. Technically you haven't muffed the punt til it hits the ground, its just for cases when the returner "double catches" the ball or it bounces off his chest. He still has the right to catch the ball without contact until it touches the ground.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
no i think if he doesnt get it directly and muffs it back into the air, they are not allowed to just hitstick them
Which is ******* stupid. The guy touches the ball, he can get hit. If a receiver touches the ball, he can get hit. It should be just like a tipped ball. The ball is tipped, **** should go down. If the guy touches it and doesn't hold onto it, it should be a fumble, and **** should go down. Goodell is so ******* annoying with these dumbass rules.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Which is ******* stupid. The guy touches the ball, he can get hit. If a receiver touches the ball, he can get hit. It should be just like a tipped ball. The ball is tipped, **** should go down. If the guy touches it and doesn't hold onto it, it should be a fumble, and **** should go down. Goodell is so ******* annoying with these dumbass rules.
the thing is it isnt to give him a chance to catch it but to ensure safety.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL is getting softer and softer each year, this is starting to irritate me and making the NFL slowly more boring to watch.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
The NFL is getting softer and softer each year, this is starting to irritate me and making the NFL slowly more boring to watch.
Maybe the rams are getting boring c;

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The umpire position is a great move. The defenseless player thing makes sense, as does the personal foul enforcement. The rest seem completely unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Goodell gtfo.
Goodell doesn't make rules changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
No, when he calls for a fair catch he can't be hit at all.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so if he muffs the ball he is now allowed a chance to recover the muff before it hits the ground................when is the last time someone muffed a punt and recovered it before it hit the ground? It sounds like basically if he bobbles the punt on a fair catch then you can't tackle him until the ball hits the ground.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Maybe the rams are getting boring c;
They're already boring, so I'm used to it, and have been for the last 4 - 5 years.

In general, the NFL going to head south, players will soon be wearing flags.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
• When a ball strikes a videoboard (as one punt did last preseason at Cowboys Stadium), guide wire or sky cam, the play is whistled dead and replayed. The game clock is reset to when the play started.
I actually like this one...

...but all others suck.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The umpire position is a great move. The defenseless player thing makes sense, as does the personal foul enforcement. The rest seem completely unnecessary.

Goodell doesn't make rules changes..
No, but it would be fair to say that since his time as commissioner rule changes have been much easier to pass and more frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the muffed punt rule is idiotic. if you call a fair catch, and you don't catch the ball, it's live. if you called a fair catch, no one is teeing up, ready to "hit stick" you. if you muff the punt, it's a fumble.

whatever. it's clear the nfl owners would rather there be no contact by any players at skill positions so that no one's precious investment is injured, than actually play football (see: the proliferation of this [A defenseless player cannot be hit in the head or neck by an opponent who launches himself and uses his helmet, shoulder or forearm to make contact.] kind of crap).
I hate to sound like an anti-kapitalist, but that's the market system for you.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Helmets are for pussies

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Helmets are for pussies

yes, but those pussies are now officially jailbait.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
yes, but those pussies are now officially jailbait.
Only someone with Pedobear could pull that off.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
so if he muffs the ball he is now allowed a chance to recover the muff before it hits the ground................when is the last time someone muffed a punt and recovered it before it hit the ground? It sounds like basically if he bobbles the punt on a fair catch then you can't tackle him until the ball hits the ground.
This exact incident happened this year. The refs called it just like it says in this "new" rule. The ball hit him in the chest, he lunged forward to catch it before it hit the ground after it popped up off his chest, and someone grabbed it in mid air. They threw the flag for fair catch interference.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

This is a good example.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Goodell doesn't make rules changes.

No, when he calls for a fair catch he can't be hit at all.
And if he doesn't catch it, the ball should be live.

Bonekrusher.

Quote: