Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-27-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder took this game over. It was nasty.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Ponder is sick. If he had ANYONE else around him on offense, his numbers would apefuck Taylor's.
I can give you personal preference on opinion, but I fail to see how leaving off Ponder for Taylor makes mine so attrocious and yours an epic win. I guess I'm just not sold on there being that big of a descrepancy as you made it seem like there was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I fail to see how leaving off Ponder for Taylor makes mine so attrocious and yours an epic win. I guess I'm just not sold on there being that big of a descrepancy as you made it seem like there was.
4. Terrelle Pryor
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4. Terrelle Pryor
I thought we said this had nothing to do with pro potential? If were excluding pro potential, Pryor is still one of the best dual threat QB's in the nation. Where you would you rank him then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought we said this had nothing to do with pro potential? If were excluding pro potential, Pryor is still one of the best dual threat QB's in the nation. Where you would you rank him then?
1. Robert Griffin, Baylor
2. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
3. Jerrod Johnson, Texas A&M
4. Christian Ponder, Florida State
5. Jake Locker, Washington

Other ahead of Pryor- Tyrod Taylor, B.J Daniels, Dwight Dasher
Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big BJ Daniels fan. He is a sick runner and his arm strength is absolutely ridiculous. He's going to be so fun to watch as he continues to develop.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-27-2010 at 06:32 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
we seriously need more of this guy.

Does this guy ever throw the football???
Old 03-27-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I think he just doesn't have any highlight worthy throws ;)

J/K of course :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
coCANES17
Rookie

coCANES17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Considering he throws just as good of a ball if not better then that guy you named #4 and then there was that 31-7 game last season. But you are right Tyrod isn't a game changer at all.....
No, he is not the type of game changer that Mike Vick was which is what I was saying. Wasn't comparing him to Terrelle Pryor but if I was I would still take Pryor over Tyrod Taylor. Tyrod's a nice player though and he should have V-Tech in the hunt this year. Wouldn't make a living off the one Miami game though. If we were going by that let's throw Yates and Tolzein up here to. Jeez.

And Sniper, Kaepernick is a quality lower conference player but put him against Pryor on a talent to talent comparison and there is no comparison. Kaepernick doesn't touch the field if he plays at Ohio State. Let's be realists here. Come on.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by coCANES17 View Post
And Sniper, Kaepernick is a quality lower conference player but put him against Pryor on a talent to talent comparison and there is no comparison. Kaepernick doesn't touch the field if he plays at Ohio State. Let's be realists here. Come on.
Really? What makes Pryor so much better? Is it his sharpshooter's-like accuracy? His amazing ability to overthrow 90% of his deep balls? His Peyton Manning-like ability to read a defense? Nevada may play at a lower level, but that also means less of a supporting cast for Kaepernick. Kaepernick was responsible for 3,235 total yards and 36 touchdowns last year. At 1,183 rushing yards, he's a hell of a lot more of a dual-threat than Pryor is.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
coCANES17
Rookie

coCANES17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Really? What makes Pryor so much better? Is it his sharpshooter's-like accuracy? His amazing ability to overthrow 90% of his deep balls? His Peyton Manning-like ability to read a defense? Nevada may play at a lower level, but that also means less of a supporting cast for Kaepernick. Kaepernick was responsible for 3,235 total yards and 36 touchdowns last year. At 1,183 rushing yards, he's a hell of a lot more of a dual-threat than Pryor is.
Listen man I'm not gonna pick fights on who is better and this and that and all this BS. I know that's the point of message boards but whatever.

I'm a guy that can fully appreciate what guys like Kaepernick and Pryor are bringing to the table in their respective realms. What Kaepernick is accomplishing at Nevada is great. He fits that team and that system so well that its ridiculous. I'm not trying to downgrade the young man at all. He has truly had a great career. I remember watching the overtime game against Boise a few years ago where they both threw up 60s and I was awed by Colin. He's a great player.

With that said, you have to know the place of these young men. There is a reason why Colin wasn't recruited by anyone outside of Nevada and Terrelle was the top player in the nation. I'm not saying that these recruiting ratings reflect a players worth because they don't but that shows something. Terrelle is an absolutely tremendous talent. He's caught some criticism from some of the negative thinkers that like to downgrade players at every turn.

He's growing and learning though. He is only a rising junior. He's still a little rough around the edges, sure, I expect him to be though. Players like Pryor take time to grow into their bodies and learn the game. He's getting better with each passing game and he can rise to big levels. I expect him to have a fantastic year this year and maybe win a Heisman and lead his team to a National Championship. That says something. There aren't many 20 year olds that can handle doing that. It's a different mindset at these big schools. They're machines. There is so much pressure at a place like Ohio State that isn't there at a school like Nevada. It's a different animal.

I respect what both of these young men bring to the table and I can appreciate that all these players are going out there and giving it their all for us. Compare and Contrast what so and so does differently, that's fine.

If you want to downgrade my reputation and whatever because I have a different opinion on the way college football works so be it. I don't do those sort of things though. I think it's cheesy.

I just look at a player like Pryor and a player like Colin and there is an obvious disparity in their physical abilities and makeups. You're entitled to hate on Terrelle and like Kaepernick all you want though. It's a free country. Not gonna make a big difference to me either way. I just speak on what I see in front of me. If your perception is different that's quite alright.

Last edited by coCANES17 : 03-27-2010 at 10:27 PM.
coCANES17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who don't have Tyrod in the top five simply haven't watched him enough.

His efficiency in doing, well, anything is off the charts. Not to mention I guarentee he is the best at actually scrambling in the pocket, not just tucking and running.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coCANES17 View Post
What a stupid comparison.

Is LaDainian Tomlinson and Brain Westbrook, who played at Texas Christian and Villanova, any worse than most RBs who played in USC, Alabama, Florida?

Is Joe Flacco a worse player than Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez because he played at Delaware instead of UGA/USC?

Is Tarvaris Jackson who played at Alabama State worse than dual-threat QBs Vick (VT) or Young (Texas)?

Or... You say that because he plays in the WAC (which has been producing great, but extremely underrated QBs in Brennan, Holbrook, Zabransky recently)?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
What a stupid comparison.

Is LaDainian Tomlinson and Brain Westbrook, who played at Texas Christian and Villanova, any worse than most RBs who played in USC, Alabama, Florida?

Is Joe Flacco a worse player than Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez because he played at Delaware instead of UGA/USC?

Is Tarvaris Jackson who played at Alabama State worse than dual-threat QBs Vick (VT) or Young (Texas)?

Or... You say that because he plays in the WAC (which has been producing great, but extremely underrated QBs in Brennan, Holbrook, Zabransky recently)?
I'm not quite sure what your point is, but I would definately say Stafford/ Sanchez were superior than Flacco in college (although maybe not on talent alone), and Jackson can't hold Vick or Young's jockstrap.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy to watch out for this year is Kevin Newsome of PSU. I think he'll be a really good dual threat guy. With that being said:

My top 5:
1. RG3
2. Kaepernick
3. Locker
4. Taylor
5. TP

I don't know much about Jerrod Johnson

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Jake Locker fan i'm glad he hasnt been front and center in this argument. Dual threat QB is something guys probably would like to distance themselves from.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
I don't know much about Jerrod Johnson
We've been a crappy football team for a while, but he really won a lot of people over (I think) when his game against UT this past season. We have no defense and he kept us in the game. He also had a ridiculous season. What makes him awesome is, while he could run all day, he's a pass-first QB; always looking to extend the play and throw down field.

also, you'll notice he had ZERO o-line help.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post

haha those are just running highlights. but yes he throws... occasionally.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Plat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How does that Newton kid play like? and how do you think his game will translate in the college game?
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude is a pimp
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
We've been a crappy football team for a while, but he really won a lot of people over (I think) when his game against UT this past season. We have no defense and he kept us in the game. He also had a ridiculous season. What makes him awesome is, while he could run all day, he's a pass-first QB; always looking to extend the play and throw down field.

also, you'll notice he had ZERO o-line help.

Wow I'm pretty impressed. You're right he was basically scrambling for his life most of those plays but managed to keep his eyes downfield. He uses touch really well. Can tell he is a pass first guy. Needs some work with his footwork though. He doesn't really set up to throw, but then again he doesn't have a lot of time either.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plat View Post
How does that Newton kid play like? and how do you think his game will translate in the college game?
6'6 247 4.6

he can run like a mofo but has questionable accuracy.he has a quick release and a huge arm and is a decent decision maker. he is also playing in a qb friendly system which chris todd (who? exactly) put up a great season.

theres him in his freshman year at florida trucking a tennesse guy. he's now a junior.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 03-30-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Plat
Rookie

Plat hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How is his improvement like? (from freshman year to now) and is he being looked upon as an NFL prospect?

As you can see I love me some dual-threat QB's lol
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

well his freshman year 2007 he was tebows backup as a true freshman
then in 2008 he redshirted at florida but bought a stolen laptop from someone and then the cops found out and he threw it out his window and etc. long story.
so in 2009 he transferred to a juco where he dominated his competition and now in 2010 he is redshirt junior. so his improvement i have no clue but i think if he proves this year that he can make the right reads and make NFL throws he will definitely get looks by scouts with his huge frame and ability.

he is like jamarcus russel. except i think his work ethic is far superior.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should T.J. Yates go under the "primarily runner" category?

Because he can't throw the damn ball.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote