Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-04-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one I actually think we'll win. Score depends on how stupid the QB substitution pattern is and how many carries Mike Shaw gets. If the pattern is completely stupid and Shaw gets 10+ carries, Michigan 38, UConn 34. If the pattern is only slightly stupid (or limited) and Shaw gets 9 or less carries, Michigan 45, UConn 31.

That said, if UConn gets one or more TD's of 40+ yards, all bets are off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 09-04-2010 at 12:41 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-minus one hour to kickoff!
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been following U-M much this offseason. Anyone wanna venture a guess to the depth chart at RB and WR?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the depth chart released for the UConn game

RB
1st string
Vincent Smith OR Mike Shaw (Ugh)

2nd team
Mike Cox

3rd team
Stephen Hopkins OR Fitzgerald Toussaint etc

Probably four/five backs should see carries today.

WR looks like Stonum and Odoms on the outside with Roy Roundtree in the slot. Hemingway, Stokes etc should see aplenty of time though.

Quote:

Old 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that kickoff sucked!
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Great stop first stop for Michigan. I'm loving this defense right now! Now it is time to unleash the offense. It looks we'll be starting way back there though. Looks like the wind is working in Uconn's favor right now.

EDIT:That was a very fast throw by Denard but also precise.

Lol, Denard is tearing Uconn a new one right now with his legs.

Yeah baby! Vincent Smith with a TD

Blocked FG by MICHIGAN!!!!

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 09-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the fact that Denard Robinson is going to single-handedly save RichRod's ass.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Yeah but the defense is actually playing pretty good this game so far and Michael Shaw is doing pretty well.

EDIT: I have a message from Denard Robinson to the Uconn defense.

"SEE YA!!!"

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 09-04-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Shaw's averaging a whole 4.7 per carry, which shocks me. Smith's only at 4 per though. I thought we were going to see like 4 backs. Can I get some Cox? ;)

Quote:

Old 09-04-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I spoke too soon. Shaw as bound to do something ********. Down to 3.6 per carry. Seriously, can we get Mike Cox or Hopkins in there for a bit? Clearly that whole four guys will get carries thing was ********.

Quote:

Old 09-04-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

While I'm happy with the win, both Shaw and Smith ended up with under 4.0 yards per carry. I'd really like Cox to actually get a chance to run the ball a bit against someone other than Delaware State, especially seeing as how basically every guy on the team (including other RB's) has said he's the most physically talented. I just can't stand Shaw.

I'd also say this game could have been alot closer if UConn could catch the ball. Our secondary still looks pretty weak.

Quote:

Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate life.

Good game though. Sigh, if only we had a competent receiver. I wasn't expecting to win but I had my hopes up when we were knocking the door at 10-24. Curse you, Shoemate!

Still, you had us beat the entire game with Denard running all over the place. He is beastly.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

“All you need to know is I’m out.” - Tate Forcier

Such a *****. Seriously, who didn't see this coming from the moment you first heard him speak last year?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
“All you need to know is I’m out.” - Tate Forcier

Such a *****. Seriously, who didn't see this coming from the moment you first heard him speak last year?
Yea, I'm at the point of saying good riddance.

EDIT:Seems like his father is refuting this. Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 09-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, championship this year?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

As I said before, I'm withholding judgment until we get into the Big 10 season. 4-0 to start last year looked pretty good as well.

I still think we'll lose to Notre Dame.

Quote:

Old 09-04-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah. Michael Floyd will have 300 receiving yards next week. UConn wasn't a passing team to exploit us.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so maybe I was a bit too pessimistic after a disastrous off-season. We played so much better than I imagined we would. Notre Dame next week should be a better measure of how good we are.

The Good
- Denard. He was awesome and he definitely established himself as "the guy" at quarterback. Devin and Tate may see the field this year, but this is going to be Denard's team. I thought he looked every bit as good passing the ball as he did running the ball.
- The secondary. Zach Frazer isn't very good and UConn doesn't have great receivers, but I'm shocked that our group of defensive backs held any FBS quarterback to under 50% completion percentage.

The Bad

- The running game (outside of Denard). I wasn't impressed at all. Vincent Smith did nothing outside of two 12 yard runs. Michael Shaw still sucks. We need Fitzgerald Toussaint to get healthy, just to see what he can do.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Anyone want to make a prediction? I'm probably setting myself up to look stupid here, especially after how we looked in the opener and how ND looked. That said, I don't think that ND's receivers drop 6 passes in this game, and I think Denard will take a slight step back in his first game on the road. If Shaw gets a good amount of carries again, that's going to put a bunch of pressure on Denard to be the whole running game again. Plus we have a pretty extensive history of losing at ND.

Final score prediction: Notre Dame 38-Michigan 28

Quote:

Old 09-11-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

31-28 Michigan
Old 09-11-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the fact that Purdue has struggled with Western Illinois and UConn is obliterating Texas Southern. With that said, I'm going to take a pessimistic approach for at least one more game. I think Notre Dame takes this one, 31-27.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Michigan 31, Notre Dame 30

Michael Floyd scores 3 touchdowns, but Denard accounts for 4.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Oooo, Xio with the positive outlook. Drinking early today? ;)

Quote:

Old 09-11-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Oooo, Xio with the positive outlook. Drinking early today? ;)
I'm gonna start now.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm gonna start now.
Yea, me too. I think I'm going to need it, regardless of the outcome.

Quote: