Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-11-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard had 197 rushing last week and is at 174 right now.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson on the game-winning drive:

5/6, 55 yards; 6 carries, 18 yards, 1 TD

Ridiculous.

The most impressive thing about Denard? He's completed 70% of his passes this season and has 0 INT in 62 attempts.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I steal your sig P-L?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats guys, it was a good one

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Absolutely. I wish every U-M fan would wear it.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
congrats guys, it was a good one
I think that Notre Dame will be a good team in the next few years. I also hope that you crush MSU next week.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predicted a U-M win. HAVE SOME FAITH, BOYS!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to work a little on our Safety and DB play.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if we had any two of these guys on the team still: Cissoko, Turner, Woolfolk (not injured, that is), Donovan Warren (prematurely went pro), Dorsey, etc.

RichRod's failings remain on defense. He can't be reprieved for the offensive improvements if the defense is still gonna be our undoing.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets hope our Secondary gets some much needed experience these next two games or else we're doomed come big 10 season. Also can we please hold open tryouts for the Kicker Position. He nearly blew the game for us!
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts:

-Denard. I have nothing else to say on this. He IS the offense right now. Simply amazing.

-Rod needs to find one or two backs. Shaw is terrible as a runner and Smith is at best an average Big 10 back. We need to hope Cox, Hopkins, or Toussaint (if he can get healthy) can step up and be a real running threat. I don't think Denard can take 28-29 carries a game for a full season.

-I ended up right on our score, but very wrong on what we'd give up. While I think if Crist played the whole game they might have put up 38, the defense actually looked alot better than I thought. I know this sounds ridiculous, but even giving up as much yardage as we did today, I was actually pretty happy with the defense outside of that hideous play by Cam Gordon.

-Safety play is still the weak spot. Gordon is only a reshirt freshman and position switch, so I expect some mistakes, and he brings the wood. Kovacs scares me more. I'd like to get Marvin Robinson on the field by the second half of the season.

-I noticed we seem to almost never sub on offense. Same two backs, same receivers. Yet on defense it seems like we rotate back through the entire depth chart. I noticed third string guys out there a few times, and not when we were up by 14. Just something I found interesting.

I'll say I'm starting to believe in this team, but I still need to see what we look like in the Big 10 season. Starting 4-0 is nice, but if we can't go at least 4-4 in the Big 10 it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm, very interesting. Coincidence? Or a glimpse into the future?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=162&f=2019&t=6354471
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple other things:

-Jonas Mouton looks like a completely different player. He's always had the athletic ability, but the mental lapses killed him. This year he looks like he actually has the mental part to go with the physical ability, and he's all over the field.

-The pass rush needs to get better, but we rush three alot, so I can't really kill the line that much. When we do blitz though, we need to start getting home.

-The Oline has been great so far. Schilling has been a beast.

Quote:

Old 09-12-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It must be good to be a Michigan fan right now, Denard is just awesome. Rich Rod caught alot of flack but you really see how explosive that offense can be when he gets his guy at QB. Defense still needs to upgrade but that offense is explosive as hell right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I got too caught up in the win, but I was meaning to ask this on Saturday:

Why isn't Michael Shaw a slot receiver? He's actually looked good catching the ball whether he's lining up in the slot or catching it out of the backfield. He still has yet to look good running the football. He played running back in High School but we recruited him to be a slot receiver before switching him back before his freshman year.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I'd recommend people check out this link:

http://www.wearetrue.com/goblue/game2.html

This guy does fantastic wallpapers for the coming weeks opponent, and they also feature the complete team schedule. This week (obviously) is UMass. TD Jesus signaling no good is probably my favorite so far though.

Quote:

Old 09-18-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
i want in on this!
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellow followers of the Maize and Blue,
I will be making my first ever trip to the Big House on November 6th and was looking for some recommendations from anyone who has been there before in regards to parking, finding a hotel, pre game/post game activities etc. I'll be driving up from central illinois Friday and coming back Sunday. Thanks a ton guys!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Fellow followers of the Maize and Blue,
I will be making my first ever trip to the Big House on November 6th and was looking for some recommendations from anyone who has been there before in regards to parking, finding a hotel, pre game/post game activities etc. I'll be driving up from central illinois Friday and coming back Sunday. Thanks a ton guys!
Most parking structures are free on Sunday so if you park in there on Saturday and leave on Sunday it will be free (last time I was there was in December). Chinagate has really good food, and at Quickie Burger you can get a egg on your burger + they have a special sauce.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Most parking structures are free on Sunday so if you park in there on Saturday and leave on Sunday it will be free (last time I was there was in December). Chinagate has really good food, and at Quickie Burger you can get a egg on your burger + they have a special sauce.
what about parking/tailgating before the game?
Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I miss Denard. This game is boring without him.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

But damn does Gardner look good passing the ball today.

Hemmingway and Molk can go hit the showers. Dumbasses.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

So despite the fact our three backups all had better YPC averages than our two starters, anyone want to bet that Shaw and Smith will still be our starters next week? Or that Cox, Toussaint, and Hopkins will barely see the field the rest of the season unless Shaw or Smith get hurt?

Quote:

Old 09-25-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

QB CONTROVERSY!

Kidding
Old 10-01-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson sig I made, feel free to wear it. If you'd like anything(notably the text as I'm not to pleased with that) changed, let me know either through a PM or posting it in the sig request thread, and I'll gladly change it for ya.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote